BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 11-24-2006, 01:37 PM   #241
alanbr
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9700
Carrier: Claro Brazil

Please Login to Remove!

Enzo, thank you for your kind words. Somehow posting on the forums seems to have helped a little bit. At least now you have agreed to suspend my service charges until the fix is implemented, whereas during our conversation you explicitly said no when I asked you to do that... Just for your information, before subscribing to EMM I subscribed to Link2Exchange. Later on, I read so many good things about EMM that I decided to switch to EMM, and I got a full refund from Link2Exchange, including all activation fees. I mean exactly this: FULL refund. No questions asked. No difficulties at all. If necessary I can show you the evidence. Now the truth about our conversation is that first I suggested waiting 30 days for the fix and if the fix was not implemented in 30 days then you would refund me the activation fees that I had paid to EMM and would have to pay again to Link2Exchange due to technical problems on EMM's side. You said "no". Then I asked you to suspend my monthly fees until the fix is implemented. Again you said "no". Then I asked if you could cancel my service and reactivate it after the fix was implemented without charging me the activation fees again. You answered: "only if you return in 7 days". But at the same time you never committed to having the fix implemented in 7 days!!! You were very clear that you had no expectations whatsoever as to when the fix would be implemented. And nowhere in our conversation did you say that it would be "shortly", as you are now saying. So I believe that all my suggestions were very reasonable, and I gave you 3 suggestions, but apparently reasonable to you has a different meaning than to me. As you were clear, reasonable to you means charging an activation fee for a service and not guaranteeing the service at all, meaning you have the right to have a failure on the service you provide, in which case you do not have any obligations in terms of time for the solution of the problem, and even while the problem persists and the service is not being offered, you have the right to continue charging your customer! You do not compensate your customer for that in any possible way. If that is what you consider reasonable, then indeed I have nothing reasonable to propose to you. Just so that everyone can make their own evaluation, I will post below the transcript of our conversation, and I will also post the follow-up to this story. I am sure that EMM does not mind my making public the way you treat me as one of your customers, as that is one of your mainly alleged qualities. I am sure that my episode will show whether or not you will honor your reputation. So far I must say that I am very disappointed, and the conversation below will enable everyone to make their own due diligence as to who is and who is not being reasonable and fair.

Best Regards,
Alan

Conversation Transcript
Partially removed after EMM contacted me by phone and explained that there was an understanding on their part that I wanted to shift to Link2Exchange and wanted my activation fees back, which was not the case. My previous experience with EMM was great and I only activated the service with Link2Exchange to be sure that the problem was NOT with my device, because that was said to me by Alvin from EMM on Wednesday evening. I was just trying to help pinpoint the issue as having to do with EMM and not my device. I explained to Enzo that as long as EMM solves the issue I intend to stay with EMM and cancel L2E, especially due to my previous experience. But I need this resolved in no more than 30 days, which I think is very fair of my part. And in the meantime, I am up and running with L2E while I wait for a solution from EMM. Enzo said he cannot promise any timing but believes that 30 days is much more than what he EXPECTS, not guarantees. And he apologized for presuming that I just wanted to switch over to L2E and get my money back. So far, it now looks like my previous experiences with EMM. I am happy again and hopeful that this situation will be resolved quickly. I just left below the beginning of the chat session where I make clear that I subscribed to L2E just to help pinpoint the issue and I also make clear that I did not intend to cancel EMM when Enzo asked me about that...

Visitor: Alan
Operator: Enzo
Recipient: [email address]
Company: exchange
Date: 24 Nov 2006 11:42 AM

Alan:
Since Wednesday I have been having problems syncing my Calendar 2-ways with your server. Only changes made to Outlook sync to my Blackberry, but not the other way around.

Welcome Alan! Your request has been directed to the Support department. Please wait for our operator to answer your call.

Call accepted by operator Enzo. Currently in room: Enzo, Alan.

Alan:
Hi Enzo!
Enzo:
Alan we are waiting for our engineers to complete the fix we worked on on wedensday
Enzo:
the fix we implemented on Wednesday had to be partially reversed as it caused conflicts on our side
Enzo:
it will be done at a future date
Enzo:
at this time I do not have a resolution for your issue
Alan:
Ah, ok. The problem is that on Wednesday at the end of the day I noticed that BES was back up running and the problem remained on my side. So I spoke to Alvin and he said that at that point the problem was certainly with my device and we would have to call RIM support on Monday.
Enzo:
I would not want to say that at this point
Enzo:
I was here with him when he provided you that information
Enzo:
however since then, more information has come to light
Alan:
Well, I went ahead and subscribed to Link2Exchange, since I can always have my money back in 30 days. And everything is working perfectly with their server. So it definitely has nothing to do with my device...
Enzo:
Ok, so would you like me to terminate your service with us?
Alan:
Not really, I just wanted to test if the problem was with my device. Now this can help you pinpoint that the problem is for sure on your side. As I said, I can always request my money back in 30 days from Link2Exchange. So now it will depend on you guys.

Rest of chat session removed per Enzo's request.

Last edited by alanbr; 11-24-2006 at 04:55 PM..
Old 11-24-2006, 07:18 PM   #242
exchangemymail
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8830
Carrier: AT&T

Alan,

I am very sorry, I can see from your transcript via Chat why you would be upset. The answers come off as very cold and short...

I would simply say this.

I am sorry-

and

My engineers are working expeditiously to resolve this issue.

I am available here at my desk till 7pm EST Today and look forward to assisting you to the best of my ability. I will also be here tomorrow until 5pm EST.

516-365-3661 X 15

Thanks-

Enzo Averaimo
Support: 516-484-0077
Exchangemymail.com
GBESX.com
Old 11-24-2006, 07:30 PM   #243
andyc0le

Model: 9000
Carrier: Vodafone UK
Default EMM Service

Alan - wow! Settle, settle! My headline advice to you would be to go to Link Exchange if you wish - that is how the market place operates and the customer's choice is how it works.

Your comments do however need put into context I believe. Life presents glitches in every walk. Do I call Bill Gates and demand my money back in full every time my windows crashes or MS "Works" doesn't work, no. Do I call Toyota after months hassle free driving my car, only to find one day it presents a problem, and demand my deposit back and petrol expenses back, no.

Things happen - we get them resolved.

Do we expect good service in seeking to get issues resolved - yes. In my experience is this what EMM provides - most definitely. Your issue was experienced after a couple months of excellent service and excellent customer support ...then 1 day an issue, and bang. I hardly think (IMO) that this constitutes EMM being inadequate and their customer care lacking.

From your pasted live chat session, IMO (again) I think it stands up to scrutiny and endorses the excellent service provided by EMM, rather than damn them! Enzo tries to resolve your query, and we can see that this is indeed being resolved, with a very reasonable approach, and even offers of credit for a (very) small part of BES with which you are having a problem.

I have always found EMM to treat the customer with respect - advising of any down time or reboots required - and giving the courtesy of explaining in lay man terms the issue they experienced and resolved.

I live in UK, and in my experience the service I have received has been better than the IT guys in work provide only 3 floors away from me! Has the thousands of miles made any difference to the service - no. Have I always received a human at the end of the phone rather than voicemail - yes. Have issues been resolved satisfactorily and efficiently - yes? Have I received activation codes urgently even outside of NY hours and in UK morning - yes.

I'm sorry but I cannot concur with your comments, and I also see them as unfair in many parts and neither would it be helpful (IMO) to be telling the world the transcript of your help calls! If you feel that strongly Alan, just leave. There are thousands of happy customers, reaching as far as the UK and humble Belfast!

I hope you dont get voicemail next time you call Link Exchange is all I would say...or whatever they are called. And try getting them 7am on Thanksgiving. This is my opinion and my thoughts - no opinion is right or wrong. You can have yours, I disagree, and that is fine. Let's just leave it there. I'm happy to stay with EMM, you go if you feel that is how you would be best served as a customer.

Cheers

Andy
Old 11-24-2006, 07:33 PM   #244
andyc0le

Quote:
Originally Posted by exchangemymail
Alan,

I am very sorry, I can see from your transcript via Chat why you would be upset. The answers come off as very cold and short...

I would simply say this.

I am sorry-

Even this I find heartening and reassuring. ANY email or ANY transcript will always sound cold and short. However I don't see it as that, and didnt see the need to reply. However on the basis the customer is always right ...fantastic gesture. Only goes to endorse my views and comments on the EMM service.

Andy
Old 11-24-2006, 08:16 PM   #245
exchangemymail
Thumbs Must Hurt

Andy,

What's right is right, and what's wrong is wrong.

I made some incorrect assumptions about Alan's intentions to retain our services based on what I saw on our mail servers and a piece of a conversation. I was cold and short with Alan based on an assumption on my part. This entire issue was my fault and I appologize.

I called Brazil to speak with Alan directly, sometimes peoples intentions and POV come thru more clearly by phone or in person than they do in a chat or an email...

Alan,

You are very cool to be so understanding and I think our conversation cleared a lot of things up on both sides. Thank you for your understanding.

Further: I hope you understood from our conversation that the issue you are experiencing is as important to us to resolve as it is for you to have working in your blackberry, if not more so.

Enzo Averaimo-

On a lighter note:

Ps. Alan I know you are in Brazil and more than Likely a soccer fan (futbol) and Andy being in the UK I am sure you are as well, so for both of you I'd like to say one thing....

FORZA ITALIA!!!! (World Cup Champs 2006)
Exchangemymail.com
GBESX.com

Last edited by exchangemymail; 11-24-2006 at 08:28 PM..
Old 11-24-2006, 08:27 PM   #246
alanbr

Enzo,

I have edited my previous post. Thank you for calling me. Now I am seeing EMM's support as I had expected. I accept your apologies and hope we can get this issue solved in less than 30 days. As for the World Cup, I was there! Obviously my intention was to see Brazil in the finals, and I was really disappointed, but I ended up going to the match between Italy and Germany. I believe this was the best match of the whole World Cup and one of the most fantastic matches that I have been to in my life. And I agree: FORZA ITALIA!

Regards,
Alan
Old 11-24-2006, 08:32 PM   #247
exchangemymail
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanbr
Enzo,

I have edited my previous post. Thank you for calling me. Now I am seeing EMM's support as I had expected. I accept your apologies and hope we can get this issue solved in less than 30 days. As for the World Cup, I was there! Obviously my intention was to see Brazil in the finals, and I was really disappointed, but I ended up going to the match between Italy and Germany. I believe this was the best match of the whole World Cup and one of the most fantastic matches that I have been to in my life. And I agree: FORZA ITALIA!

Regards,
Alan

I hope to be able to reply to this thread shortly with a resonse indication the resolution is in place and working!!

That Game was almost better than the finals. Germany was a Machine! What a team they had!! Obviously I was happy with the results of the finals...

I am wearing out my Italian Team Jerzey now!! LOL Forza Azzure!!

-Enzo
Exchangemymail.com
GBESX.com

Last edited by exchangemymail; 11-24-2006 at 08:38 PM..
Old 11-24-2006, 11:10 PM   #248
andyc0le

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanbr
Enzo,

Regards,
Alan
Alan - Andy here! Glad all worked out my friend and EMM have again come good. Hand shakes all round.

By the way ....i was IN Lake Garda the night they won the world cup, travelled by caravan from Northern Ireland, great night! And Alan, being from Brazil ..I am a Northern Ireland football fan and we often chat "We're not Brazil we're Northern Ireland!"

Small, small world! Off topic a bit, but hey! Glad again all is sorted ....and sorry if I was on a high horse also! I'm just very appreciative of the quality EMM support I've received, so a bit of a believer!

Good night to you Brazil and to you Enzo in NY!

Andy
Norn Iron! (as we pronounce it)
Old 11-26-2006, 05:16 AM   #249
phippy

Model: 8300
PIN: 240C38DC

I signed up for service at 2:30pm today and as of 11:12pm I have yet to receive any email and everyone who sends me e-mail get the same message. "The following addresses had delivery problems:

<Permanent Failure: 554_No_relaying_allowed_-_psmtp
Delivery last attempted at Sun, 26 Nov 2006 05:10:45 -0000" So I tried to call support because I got an e-mail that said "Support is available via telephone 24 Hours a Day, 7 Days a Week at the numbers listed above." that was @ 7:55pm and no call and no response. I am starting to think that EMM my not be the best choice for your hosting needs.
Old 11-26-2006, 12:55 PM   #250
phippy

Update

Well it is 6:54am central time and I placed my final call to EMM 24 hours support, we will see how long it takes them to respond. I will keep you all updated. Email is still returning to sender with a "5.1.0 - Unknown address error 554-'No relaying allowed - psmtp'"
Old 11-26-2006, 08:44 PM   #251
phippy

I am just doing a follow up on EMM. After I sent a email telling them to cancel my service, I received a e-mail form one of there tech support staff telling me that all was fixed and that if I wated to still cancel to let them know. Well I am a customer of EMM now and I think that I will stay with them. Nice save guys.
Old 11-27-2006, 02:15 PM   #252
exchangemymail
Thumbs Must Hurt

phippy,

Please PM me with your customer or account ID.
I was not aware of your situation and would like to further research it.

Best Regards -

Enzo Averaimo
Hosted Microsoft Exchange - Wireless Outlook Web Access Microsoft Exchange Hosting, Exchange Email Hosting

| Hosted Microsoft Exchange | Hosted BES | Hosted GoodLink | Office: 516.365.3661 | Toll Free: 888.608.MAIL | System Status: 516.365.3661 Option 3 |
Exchangemymail.com
GBESX.com
Old 11-27-2006, 11:56 PM   #253
alanbr

Default Update

Hi everyone,

As I had said that I would keep you all posted on the situation that I was having with EMM, just wanted to let you all know that this morning Enzo sent me an email saying that the fix to the BES problem had already been implemented, and requesting that I activate my device with EMM and test. I did that and so far everything has been working perfectly today. So apparently the situation has been resolved. It is important to note not only the very short time for EMM to fix the issue, but also the fact that according to Enzo the issue was probably affecting many people, although I might have been the first to notice and report it. So in case any of you experience the problem, please let Enzo know, as it might be necessary to reactivate your device, but he is well aware of the issue and of the solution to it.

Regards to all and congratulations to EMM for the support,
Alan
Old 11-28-2006, 01:41 AM   #254
joaquin654
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8310
PIN: yeah baby !
Carrier: AT&T Mobility
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by exchangemymail
DD# - Yes, you can integrate a pop mail account into your outlook profile, but it would use the same reply to address as the main. If you require a seperate reply to address for that pop account, then yes, you would need a second mailbox.

let me get this right : can i sign up for your MS Exchange Service with BES 4.0 and syncronize my emails from gmail , yahoo , etc. even though these are free accounts that DO NOT allow forwarding ??? in other words , right now i recieve my " free " email from yahoo on my Cingular BB 8700c through BIS 2.0 but if i sign up for your service , and configure outlook 2003 and OWA with your Exchange Service and BES 4.0 would i still be able to sync my outlook 2003 with these emails addy's ???

thank ,
Confused
Old 11-29-2006, 05:28 AM   #255
et_ben

Model: 8100
Default EMM / ExhangeMyEmail / Exchange My Email - discount still on?

Is the 10% discount still on for BF members? If so, I will be signing up tomorrow.

Thanks,
Ben
Old 11-29-2006, 04:08 PM   #256
exchangemymail
Thumbs Must Hurt

Default 10% discount is still available

Yes, the 10% discount is still available. Please see the first post in this thread, and click on the link for the automatic 10% discount.
Exchangemymail.com
GBESX.com
Old 11-30-2006, 01:37 AM   #257
alanbr

Quote:
Originally Posted by joaquin654
let me get this right : can i sign up for your MS Exchange Service with BES 4.0 and syncronize my emails from gmail , yahoo , etc. even though these are free accounts that DO NOT allow forwarding ??? in other words , right now i recieve my " free " email from yahoo on my Cingular BB 8700c through BIS 2.0 but if i sign up for your service , and configure outlook 2003 and OWA with your Exchange Service and BES 4.0 would i still be able to sync my outlook 2003 with these emails addy's ???

thank ,
Confused
Let me try to help. These accounts that you mention are configured in your BIS account. When you use BES, BIS DOES NOT get disabled. In short: you will have your BES account PLUS all your BIS accounts on your device, as BIS continues working normally and simultaneously with BES. By the way, I have both BIS and BES on my device. Now, if what you want is to configure those email accounts in your Outlook 2003 together with your BES email account, in order to also have all your email accounts on your desktop, then I am not sure, since for email accounts other than my BES account I use Outlook Express, not Microsoft Outlook 2003. But I believe that even if this is what you want the answer is yes, because when you configure Outlook 2003 to sync with your Exchange account with EMM, you create a Mail Profile (actually there is an executable that does this for you). And then you use Outlook 2003 normally with that profile, and you can add new email accounts in addition to the Exchange email account which the profile will automatically create for you. I hope I did not get you more confused than you already were...

Regards,
Alan

Last edited by alanbr; 11-30-2006 at 01:58 AM..
Old 12-10-2006, 11:01 AM   #258
slapshotw

Model: 8700g
Carrier: T-mobile

Does anybody here on their mac use Apple Mail to connect to the exchange server instead of entourage? What are your thoughts?

If Apple Mail's exchange compatibility sucks, does EMM allow IMAP connections? Thanks!
Old 12-11-2006, 05:25 PM   #259
exchangemymail
Thumbs Must Hurt

Slapshotw - Yes we do allow IMAP connections..

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapshotw
Does anybody here on their mac use Apple Mail to connect to the exchange server instead of entourage? What are your thoughts?

If Apple Mail's exchange compatibility sucks, does EMM allow IMAP connections? Thanks!
Exchangemymail.com
GBESX.com
Old 12-18-2006, 09:09 PM   #260
exchangemymail
Thumbs Must Hurt

Lately I have gotten a ton of requests for our Blackberryforums member discount link... Here it is reposted for all those who asked!

Click Here for your Discount

Thanks,

Enzo
Exchangemymail.com
GBESX.com
Closed Thread