Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2009, 03:54 PM   #1
kbourque

Model: 8820
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Default Considering the 8820

Please Login to Remove!

Hi, I am a college student that is considering the 8820. I realize this isn't the newest blackberry. But its in my price range, and it has WiFi, which is really important. I was wondering if this was a smart choice. I have no plan on getting the BB data plan. Mainly because usually when I need the internet I am at school or at home where I have wireless access. So what is your opinion is this a smart choice. I have had the curve before, but ended up having to trade it for a tilt because it wasn't working correctly. I like to keep my schedule and my homework assignment in my phone so that i dont have to carry around a planner with me. Also i cant jot down quick notes that i need to remember for later. Does this phone sound right for me, or is there a better phone out there for me?

Thanks
Old 01-24-2009, 10:12 PM   #2
scg
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: T-Mobile

sounds like it will work. there are better phones if you are not going to get the data plan but with the data plan bb's are hard to beat

look at the tilt, epix or any other smartphone with wifi as well.
Old 01-25-2009, 08:15 PM   #3
ULTRON
Knows Where the Search Button Is

PIN: 2439AF38
Carrier: AT&T

Why this is an excellent choice! I myself am in medical school and regularly use my BB8820. I'm on a family plan and pay $10 a month.....The Wifi is great and I also have a ton of medical software loaded. If you only plan to use this phone for calls and email - this device is prefect....Believe it or not, I spent $320 on the hardware and $500 additionally on the software in it!

I got mine locked and logoed right off eBay one year ago. I unlocked it myself and scratched off the ATT logo - I saved ~ $150 in the process.

Regards,

ULTRON

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbourque View Post
Hi, I am a college student that is considering the 8820. I realize this isn't the newest blackberry. But its in my price range, and it has WiFi, which is really important. I was wondering if this was a smart choice. I have no plan on getting the BB data plan. Mainly because usually when I need the internet I am at school or at home where I have wireless access. So what is your opinion is this a smart choice. I have had the curve before, but ended up having to trade it for a tilt because it wasn't working correctly. I like to keep my schedule and my homework assignment in my phone so that i dont have to carry around a planner with me. Also i cant jot down quick notes that i need to remember for later. Does this phone sound right for me, or is there a better phone out there for me?

Thanks
"Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." - JESUS CHRIST; Matthew 11:28; KJV.
Closed Thread