Model: 8130
Carrier: TELUS

Please Login to Remove!

Wirelessly posted (8130)

Quote:
Originally Posted by test54
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSanders View Post
People always call for 'bipartisan effort', and if you followed American politics, in the toughest of times and most difficult legislative battles we have rarely ever had 'bipartisan' solutions to anything. Bipartisan solutions in the US is mostly the great myth. Obama doesn't need anything bipartisan, anyway. In 30 days he and his single party have doubled the US debt to about 15 Trillion. His budget is malarky and will likely pass with with or without any bipartisan collaboration. He just doesn't need it, anyway.

His speech last night was great for speech making, and bullsh!t for what it will do for our continuing-to-fail economy.
Thats a truer Republican response that Jindal's speech. And also the reason the party is where it is.
Ditto!!

Telus - 8130 - BES/BIS
Old 02-25-2009, 10:43 AM   #22
test54
BlackBerry Master

Model: AAPL
Carrier: is Better than BB :)

Quote:
Right now I could care less where the Republican Party "is".

Our nation is on the verge of shambles and we have no leadership to right the course.
have none of your kind of leadership. You are in the minority there.

"The American public gives President Barack Obama a strong 67% approval rating for the way in which he is handling the government's efforts to pass an economic stimulus bill, while the Democrats and, in particular, the Republicans in Congress receive much lower approval ratings of 48% and 31%, respectively." - Gallup poll
Old 02-25-2009, 10:48 AM   #23
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

Hey, approval of his 'efforts' and approval of the stimulus bill itself are two different things.
Old 02-25-2009, 10:55 AM   #24
John Clark
BBF Moderator

PIN: s & needles
Carrier: AT&T

All hail to the Messiah!!! That's all it's about. What a great "orator" he is. Being a great "orator" don't mean sh!t!! Everytime someone from Washington speaks, the market crashes. The markets and the economy have no confidence in the Obama Administration. It has nothing to do with Democrat or Republican. However, Pelosi and Reid should be ashamed of the way they've conducted themselves and their congress in the last month or so (and longer.) I would say the same thing if Republicans acted like that. The "spendulus" bill may give things a slight uptick in the short term but even the bipartisan CBO says the stimulus bill is bad for the economy in the long term.

Obama has no idea what he's doing or how to spur this economy. Yes, he's a great orator. But, so far, that's all we've seen. How can you cut the deficit when you blow $800B on wasteful Washington spending. His speech was all rehtoric designed to be a half-time coach's speech but with no idea what play to execute next.
Old 02-25-2009, 10:58 AM   #25
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Oh, and Dawg....Bobby Jindal is the republican governor of Louisiana. He gave the republican response to Obama's speech. I have to admit it was not one of Jindal's finer moments. He didn't impress me much.
Old 02-25-2009, 11:01 AM   #26
test54
BlackBerry Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Clark View Post
All hail to the Messiah!!! That's all it's about. What a great "orator" he is. Being a great "orator" don't mean sh!t!! Everytime someone from Washington speaks, the market crashes. The markets and the economy have no confidence in the Obama Administration. It has nothing to do with Democrat or Republican. However, Pelosi and Reid should be ashamed of the way they've conducted themselves and their congress in the last month or so (and longer.) I would say the same thing if Republicans acted like that. The "spendulus" bill may give things a slight uptick in the short term but even the bipartisan CBO says the stimulus bill is bad for the economy in the long term.

Obama has no idea what he's doing or how to spur this economy. Yes, he's a great orator. But, so far, that's all we've seen. How can you cut the deficit when you blow $800B on wasteful Washington spending. His speech was all rehtoric designed to be a half-time coach's speech but with no idea what play to execute next.
Thats a ANOTHER truer Republican response than Jindal's speech. And also the reason the party is where it is.
Old 02-25-2009, 11:07 AM   #27
John Clark
BBF Moderator

You guys just don't get it and that's why the "country is where it is." It's NOT about democrats or republicans right now. The country is in economic shambles and the democrats are stuck in "we won, we write the bill." Well that sh!t doesn't fly in getting people back to work and preventing more layoffs. I don't care who's in charge right now. Just get some real legislating done! READ THE DAMN BILL before signing it!!!! It's the biggest crock I've seen in my life. Republicans didn't read it before rejecting it either so it's NOT a party line thing. It was written in the most partisan manner there is.

It's great the 95% of Americans get a tax cut ($13 a week) but it won't matter when he raises taxes on businesses and businesses can't turn a profit and lay off more workers. At least you got your $13 a week (until you got laid off.) People who think big and small businesses are the evil devils and deserve to pay higher taxes just don't get how our economy works.

The great orator spoke. Now let's see what he can DO!
Old 02-25-2009, 11:13 AM   #28
jsconyers

Model: NOTE2
PIN: <- Where do I find this?
Carrier: Sprint

Quote:
It's NOT about democrats or republicans right now. The country is in economic shambles and the democrats are stuck in "we won, we write the bill." Well that sh!t doesn't fly in getting people back to work and preventing more layoffs. I don't care who's in charge right now. Just get some real legislating done! READ THE DAMN BILL before signing it!!!! It's the biggest crock I've seen in my life...

...The great orator spoke. Now let's see what he can DO!
Well said and I agree. I am a democrat, but talk is cheap. He has a lot of work to do to right this sinking ship. Talking about it and getting the job done are two completely different things.
Old 02-25-2009, 11:14 AM   #29
test54
BlackBerry Master

JC I guess you think everyone should agree with you but as you know they don't, no need to get angry. Republican want tax cuts and Democrats wanted spending, yes that the traditional things and the bill included both. Whether it works or not there was nothing else on the table, the Republicans had no plan at all other that the typical "we want more tax cuts" which did not work for Bush and would not work by itself this time.
And to say the market hates Obama is good in my opinion because they are now having to face the consequences for their actions in the past. If they don;t want to fail then they will take tax dollars and they will follow the govt. rules. Of course they do not like that, they like the Bush plan where you just give them money and don't force them to be accountable for the money. Personally don't care about the market or the banks, they will either fail or will change their practices.

and Obama has done more in a month than most Presidents get done in their first year. Like it or not has had done a lot.

Jindal & Palin leading the party, sounds like the Democrats' utopia.

Last edited by test54; 02-25-2009 at 11:15 AM..
Old 02-25-2009, 11:21 AM   #30
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Model: 8330
PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS

Quote:
Oh, and Dawg....Bobby Jindal is the republican governor of Louisiana. He gave the republican response to Obama's speech. I have to admit it was not one of Jindal's finer moments. He didn't impress me much.
Thanks I looked him up after I viewed the thread. i didnt watch the speech as I dont care to hear the lies and garbage that spews from the Great messiah (rolls eyes).

Test you are right he has done more in the first 15 days. Hes set us back 100 years in spending. My kids and grand kids and great grand kids will be footing his ridiculous bill for ever.
Old 02-25-2009, 11:28 AM   #31
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

lol, so true.

JC., remember several of these posters here live in ivory towers and that glimmer they see in the distance is the utopian society so long dreamed of.

Last edited by JSanders; 02-25-2009 at 11:29 AM..
Old 02-25-2009, 11:29 AM   #32
test54
BlackBerry Master

That is your opinion dawg but as I said its not like he has done nothing.

And contrary to dawg's beleief I'm not above questioning Obama. In fact I am anxiously awaiting his reaction to the Omnibus Bill that contains a reported 9000 earmarks. And its not just democrat earmarks, it goes both ways in the bill and I would like him to keep his promise about rejecting bills that have unwanted earmarks in them.
Old 02-25-2009, 11:32 AM   #33
test54
BlackBerry Master

Quote:
lol, so true.

JC., remember several of these posters here live in ivory towers and that glimmer they see in the distance is the utopian society so long dreamed of.
yes ivory towers surrounded by unemployed, uninsured and also the millionaires who obviously cannot afford 4.6% tax increase which they were paying in the past.
Old 02-25-2009, 11:33 AM   #34
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Oh, goody... so what is included in HR 1105 that President Obama so eloquently sold the american public last evening?

(cut and paste):

H.R. 1105 is simply the Obama-Pelosi-Reid stimulus bill's little brother. It contains many of the same wasteful spending provisions and earmarks for left wing organizations and pet-projects, and it amounts to certain government agencies and programs being funded twice.

The following spending levels are above and beyond those provided for in the stimulus, which has now been officially signed into law:

· Total spending proposed in the 2009 Omnibus. $410 billion. This is a $32 billion increase over 2008 levels and represents the largest annual spending increase since the Carter Administration.
· International Family Planning. $545 million, which will now flow to abortion providers since President Obama has overturned the Mexico City Policy.
· Health Care Rationing. $50 million, in addition to the $1.1 billion included in the "stimulus" to conduct "comparative effectiveness research" to evaluate the effectiveness of different preventative health interventions.
· Fairness Doctrine. Removes a provision that prohibits funds from being used to implement the so-called "fairness doctrine," which aims to censor "conservative" media content.
· Census. $3.13 billion, in addition to the $1 billion provided in the "stimulus" for the 2010 Census, which the Obama Administration is attempting to monitor and control from the Executive Branch.
· ACORN. $181 million, for the Neighborhood Reinvestment Corporation for housing counseling-the program that greatly contributed to the current mortgage meltdown.
· Obama Inauguration. $20 million. To reimburse State and local governments for inauguration expenses.
· Obama Inauguration, part 2. $39 million, for the District of Columbia to pay for the increased security.
· New West Wing/White House computers. $76 million.
· Migrant Housing. $5.4 million. In other words, government benefits for non-U.S. citizens.
· UN/international Peacekeeping. $1.5 billion, while also raising the cap on annual U.S. contributions to UN peacekeeping.

And now, here is a quick sampling of the earmarks included in the Omnibus:

· $950,000 for a National Council of La Raza loan fund for "community development activities."
· $5.8 million for the Edward M. Kennedy Institute for the Senate at the University of Massachusetts.
· $7.1 million for the recovery of Hawaiian sea turtle populations.
· $713,000 for "intelligent facades for high performance green buildings" in New York.
· $475,000 for hybrid buses in Guam.
· $950,000 for a bike path in Wisconsin.
Old 02-25-2009, 11:34 AM   #35
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by test54 View Post
I would like him to keep his promise about rejecting bills that have unwanted earmarks in them.
Don't hold your breath.
Old 02-25-2009, 11:46 AM   #36
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Quote:
Oh, goody... so what is included in HR 1105 that President Obama so eloquently sold the american public last evening?

(cut and paste):

H.R. 1105 is simply the Obama-Pelosi-Reid stimulus bill's little brother. It contains many of the same wasteful spending provisions and earmarks for left wing organizations and pet-projects, and it amounts to certain government agencies and programs being funded twice.

The following spending levels are above and beyond those provided for in the stimulus, which has now been officially signed into law:

· Total spending proposed in the 2009 Omnibus. $410 billion. This is a $32 billion increase over 2008 levels and represents the largest annual spending increase since the Carter Administration.
· International Family Planning. $545 million, which will now flow to abortion providers since President Obama has overturned the Mexico City Policy.
· Health Care Rationing. $50 million, in addition to the $1.1 billion included in the "stimulus" to conduct "comparative effectiveness research" to evaluate the effectiveness of different preventative health interventions.
· Fairness Doctrine. Removes a provision that prohibits funds from being used to implement the so-called "fairness doctrine," which aims to censor "conservative" media content.
· Census. $3.13 billion, in addition to the $1 billion provided in the "stimulus" for the 2010 Census, which the Obama Administration is attempting to monitor and control from the Executive Branch.
· ACORN. $181 million, for the Neighborhood Reinvestment Corporation for housing counseling-the program that greatly contributed to the current mortgage meltdown.
· Obama Inauguration. $20 million. To reimburse State and local governments for inauguration expenses.
· Obama Inauguration, part 2. $39 million, for the District of Columbia to pay for the increased security.
· New West Wing/White House computers. $76 million.
· Migrant Housing. $5.4 million. In other words, government benefits for non-U.S. citizens.
· UN/international Peacekeeping. $1.5 billion, while also raising the cap on annual U.S. contributions to UN peacekeeping.

And now, here is a quick sampling of the earmarks included in the Omnibus:

· $950,000 for a National Council of La Raza loan fund for "community development activities."
· $5.8 million for the Edward M. Kennedy Institute for the Senate at the University of Massachusetts.
· $7.1 million for the recovery of Hawaiian sea turtle populations.
· $713,000 for "intelligent facades for high performance green buildings" in New York.
· $475,000 for hybrid buses in Guam.
· $950,000 for a bike path in Wisconsin.

*shakes head*

Hope and change...... Hope and change
Old 02-25-2009, 11:54 AM   #37
mriff
BlackBerry Mensa

Model: iPhon
PIN: High

The democrats aren't the only spenders. The Bush administration didn't exactly hold anything back on spending.
Old 02-25-2009, 11:55 AM   #38
John Clark
BBF Moderator

I agree 100% with that statement. However, it doesn't make it right.
Old 02-25-2009, 12:02 PM   #39
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mriff View Post
The democrats aren't the only spenders. The Bush administration didn't exactly hold anything back on spending.
uh, you are right.

But they also didn't double the national debt from approximately $7-8 trillion to 14-15 trillion in one month's time.

But hey, mriff, you know what, if you haven't noticed, Bush and the Republicans are not in power in DC any longer. And we haven't had the majority in the Senate for two years.

We are now on the Democrats' watch. Suck it up.
Old 02-25-2009, 12:04 PM   #40
mriff
BlackBerry Mensa

Model: iPhon
PIN: High

Quote:
I agree 100% with that statement. However, it doesn't make it right.
Agree with your statement 100% as well.