dave1812dave
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Storm
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero7404 View Post
the OS isn't quite perfect, but not to the point that it would cause you or I to go thru 7 PHONES !... even .75 is usable. i am even happy with .76....so the conclusion i am coming to is that some ppl here have come from some planet where blackberries are more advanced and more perfect, or something like that....

so when someone else does really run into a mishap with a hardware or software issue that is unsatisfactory, and verizon gives them a hard time about returning it, we have jsntrenkler to thank...

I returned our 2 phones solely because of the lameness of .75. I saw no point in swapping them out for another phone with the same OS. Kinda pointless.
Old 04-18-2009, 08:23 PM   #22
cpuking2009
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9530
Carrier: verizon wirless

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1812dave View Post
Well, aren't you condescending ?? I've spent countless hours reading tips and tricks on various online forums and have spend way too much time with tech support clearing up issues that were no fault of mine--simply CRAPPY software glitches. I have learned MANY tidbits of useful info. Next time, how about not ASSUMING I don't have "discipline". I dare say I could "out tech" you on any number of subjects. That doesn't mean I have limitless patience with half baked products such as the Storm. NO ONE should have to spend more time researching how to get a freaking phone to work, than USING it. My patience finally wore out when I had THREE DISTINCTLY different issues with the phone on it's last day in my possession. Enough is enough. I'm not even sure I should say "my hat's off to anyone who can put up with the Storms issues" as the fact that you all are coming here to try to get these phones functional is a testament to the lunacy of owning one beyond the 30 day trial period IN MY OPINION. If you don't like that opinion, I have others! Cheers!
no actully he's right you probly had a million apps opened up and wondered why the phone was messing up. or you did not read enough about the device to know what to expect. running beta software makes the phone an entire different experience.and if you use the "that voids your warranty" excuse heres what a vzw tech told me tonight "if you install a leaked os it DOES void your warranty. however if a new officail release comes out and you install that YOU GET YOUR WARRANTY BACK!" as if nothing happened at all. and honestly your probably 50 years old and don't know how to manage a device as complex as a blackberry. yes your touch is so nice we know. but heres the thing if you get an iphone yes its easy! thats why they made it that way so any IDIOT could figure out how to use it. but keep in mind it CANNOT multi task. it was never built for enterprise use. and cant even record video. or mms or copy and paste. sure iphone 3.0 will be able to do all that minus video and multi tasking. so please do us a favor and get something you can handle. you honestly do not belong on a smart phone. you want a big screen go get an lg voyager then complain on there forums how bad the phone sucks.
Old 04-18-2009, 08:25 PM   #23
cpuking2009

Quote:
I returned our 2 phones solely because of the lameness of .75. I saw no point in swapping them out for another phone with the same OS. Kinda pointless.
most all hardware handle the OS in a different manor. like a finger print no 2 phone's are the exact same.
Old 04-18-2009, 08:29 PM   #24
cpuking2009

Default please

Quote:
Well, aren't you condescending ?? I've spent countless hours reading tips and tricks on various online forums and have spend way too much time with tech support clearing up issues that were no fault of mine--simply CRAPPY software glitches. I have learned MANY tidbits of useful info. Next time, how about not ASSUMING I don't have "discipline". I dare say I could "out tech" you on any number of subjects. That doesn't mean I have limitless patience with half baked products such as the Storm. NO ONE should have to spend more time researching how to get a freaking phone to work, than USING it. My patience finally wore out when I had THREE DISTINCTLY different issues with the phone on it's last day in my possession. Enough is enough. I'm not even sure I should say "my hat's off to anyone who can put up with the Storms issues" as the fact that you all are coming here to try to get these phones functional is a testament to the lunacy of owning one beyond the 30 day trial period IN MY OPINION. If you don't like that opinion, I have others! Cheers!
someone get him a tampon. and id love to see you out tech me on anything.
i could show you stuff on your computer that would blow your mind no to mention on any handheld device
Old 04-18-2009, 08:58 PM   #25
jhalpinjr
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpuking2009 View Post
someone get him a tampon. and id love to see you out tech me on anything.
i could show you stuff on your computer that would blow your mind no to mention on any handheld device
What is wrong with you people? Is this a teenagers forum? The bottom line no matter how anyone wants to spin or defend, the phone has more issues than it should.

Lets stop acting like children and keep the posts constructive. Its not like you own RIM and you need to defend it with comments like this.

Take a pill or grab a beer and chill out.
Old 04-18-2009, 11:29 PM   #26
dave1812dave
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Storm

Quote:
no actully he's right you probly had a million apps opened up and wondered why the phone was messing up. or you did not read enough about the device to know what to expect. running beta software makes the phone an entire different experience.and if you use the "that voids your warranty" excuse heres what a vzw tech told me tonight "if you install a leaked os it DOES void your warranty. however if a new officail release comes out and you install that YOU GET YOUR WARRANTY BACK!" as if nothing happened at all. and honestly your probably 50 years old and don't know how to manage a device as complex as a blackberry. yes your touch is so nice we know. but heres the thing if you get an iphone yes its easy! thats why they made it that way so any IDIOT could figure out how to use it. but keep in mind it CANNOT multi task. it was never built for enterprise use. and cant even record video. or mms or copy and paste. sure iphone 3.0 will be able to do all that minus video and multi tasking. so please do us a favor and get something you can handle. you honestly do not belong on a smart phone. you want a big screen go get an lg voyager then complain on there forums how bad the phone sucks.
YOU are the idiot. I had trouble with the phone locking up with NO installed apps--i had just gotten it out of the Verizon store when it froze solid within the first hour of having it turned on. I only had 3 apps on it throughout the 8 days. You are hardly worth my time, since you haven't got a grip on reality--you are just making things up as you go. If you love your Storm, that's great--but you don't need to dream up wild accusations about how I used my phone or what my expertise level is. If you knew the truth, you'd kick your own ass for your rude comments.

Last edited by dave1812dave; 04-18-2009 at 11:30 PM..
Old 04-19-2009, 08:42 AM   #27
zero7404
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

PIN: n/a
Carrier: tmob

knowing how to rant without causing a war in here is a good thing....lets not call each other idiots & all....
Old 04-19-2009, 04:10 PM   #28
stoneperez

Carrier: verizion wireless

I belive why its called a smartphone cause you need some sort of smarts and get a grip that nothing is perfect in a operating sys., after 8 days is not long enough to flush it down the toilet.
Old 04-19-2009, 05:42 PM   #29
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low

Quote:
and honestly your probably 50 years old and don't know how to manage a device as complex as a blackberry.
oh wow, now who's the idiot?

I know at least two 50-ish users in this thread alone who can dance around you on any BlackBerry device.
Closed Thread