BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 11-25-2008, 04:48 PM   #1
kmars

Model: 8300
Carrier: att
Default Really Annoying Issue w my Storm...help!

Please Login to Remove!

I get a ton of emails... so on my previous bb, the curve, I set the profile to not notify me at all, no LED flash, no sound, no vibrate...this allows me to check my email when I want to and not be constantly notified by the device when I get new mail... so I go into the profile settings on the Storm and set my work email for NO notification, turned everything off. but I STILL get a vibrate alert when new mail comes in!! I've set it up several times and pulled the battery hoping it would take the setting but it doesn't... this is almost a deal breaker for me so hopefully someone on here has some advice.

Oh and while we're on the subject of complaints...
1) Way too heavy
2) Major Lag btwn portrait & landscape
3) switches to landscape way too easily
4) Typing is def way better than Iphone, but still not great...I think I just like
having a physical keyboard to type on
5) Did I mention this thing is waaaay too heavy?

thanks
Old 11-25-2008, 04:52 PM   #2
CO_BBTechie
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8310
Carrier: AT&T

How are you receiving your work email? Are you sure you modified the right message indicator in the profiles? For example, if you've set your work email up as BIS, but modified the enterprise message profile then that would not silence your BIS-delivered work emails... just a thought.
Old 11-25-2008, 04:58 PM   #3
wiredwrx
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8700c
Carrier: T=Mo

Create a new profile, and set it ALL up the way you want it. I have heard that it is not possible to modify existing profiles.
Old 11-25-2008, 05:00 PM   #4
kmars

Quote:
Originally Posted by CO_BBTechie View Post
How are you receiving your work email? Are you sure you modified the right message indicator in the profiles? For example, if you've set your work email up as BIS, but modified the enterprise message profile then that would not silence your BIS-delivered work emails... just a thought.
My work email comes thru BIS... I set it up thru the verizon/blackberry site... I had it set up the same way thru ATT on my curve and had no problem changing the profile settings to shut off notifications... On the Storm I go click the profile icon then scroll down to "Set Ringtones/Alerts" > Messages > select my work email > turn LED OFF > turn Vibration OFF > hit menu key SAVE... and I still get the freakin vibrate notification!!!

is there is another way I don't know about?
Old 11-25-2008, 05:03 PM   #5
CO_BBTechie
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8310
Carrier: AT&T

Well being that I haven't really had a chance to play with the Storm yet I can't say for certain (I'm still waiting for delivery on mine.) You might try as wire suggested above and create a new profile. There seem to be more bugs than the average with the release of the Storm. Hopefully OS updates will be forthcoming to correct the deficiencies, but it looks like some workarounds are in use for different issues.
Old 11-25-2008, 05:09 PM   #6
robotpedlr
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon

I have done the same changes (set the notification off on my work email) on the Storm...and it works fine. So either you did something wrong (as mentioned above by modifing the wrong profile (Normal, Loud, etc and the right box - email) or you have some weird bug.... I am just letting you know that it works on my...so keep trouble shooting.
Old 11-25-2008, 05:10 PM   #7
kmars

Quote:
Originally Posted by CO_BBTechie View Post
Well being that I haven't really had a chance to play with the Storm yet I can't say for certain (I'm still waiting for delivery on mine.) You might try as wire suggested above and create a new profile. There seem to be more bugs than the average with the release of the Storm. Hopefully OS updates will be forthcoming to correct the deficiencies, but it looks like some workarounds are in use for different issues.
I'm gonna try the custom profile feature and see if that cures the problem

Thanks for your help
Old 11-26-2008, 12:57 AM   #8
Nbot
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9500
PIN: N/A

the turn email alerts off didn't work for me by trying to modify the DEFAULT "LOUD" profile, but using "NORMAL" sound profile, and changing sound to "0" volume for message delivery worked...probably not the right fix but worked for me. I think I read you can only customize the NORMAL profile?
Old 11-26-2008, 01:07 AM   #9
SpeedFreak
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8830
PIN: N/A

Sounds like you need a Bold dude.
Closed Thread