BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2007, 12:01 PM   #41
dandelos
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900
Carrier: T-Mobile

Please Login to Remove!

I was wondering the same thing right after I set my Hotmail up on my phone, but before I got around to researching it, the icon magically appeared among my other applications a few days later. Not sure what exactly prompted/initiated it, but maybe try a service book push?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliteg19 View Post
i did set everything up fine with hotmail, but the actual icon that one gets once an internet webmail is set (the one with envelope and the globe) does not appear for hotmail, obviously it does for gmail, yahoo, blackberry ect., instead i have to go to messages and access my emails, and compose them there? is that a normal trait for newly acquired hotmail access or is the icon hidden somewhere i dont know about....thanks for the help guys.
Old 04-24-2007, 03:51 PM   #42
eliteg19

Model: 8700g
Carrier: TMobile

well i tried doing some things, and by switching themes the hotmail envelope "magically" appeared as you stated on your post....maybe that was the problem, perhaps it need it some sort of 'reboot' for the icon to appear...thanks for your input!

Last edited by eliteg19; 04-24-2007 at 03:53 PM..
Old 05-23-2007, 12:57 PM   #43
nynativecagirl@yahoo.com

Model: storm
PIN: N/A
Carrier: verizon
Thumbs down

I haven't seen any new threads so I gather no one has figured out a way around the problem of having to pay for the Hotmail subscription in order to set it up with our BB. I downloaded the msn mobile but I don't want to use a browser to see my hotmail. that's a pain. I have the new Windows Live, that's all they offer now. at least Yahoo let's you set up with BB without making you upgrade to Yahoo plus! I guess I'll have to just shell out the money for the Hotmail subscript. darn them!

http://www.myspace.com/nynativecagirl
Old 05-23-2007, 01:01 PM   #44
beyondalegend
CrackBerry Addict

Model: BOLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by nynativecagirl@yahoo.com View Post
I guess I'll have to just shell out the money for the Hotmail subscript. darn them!
I would just change my email address or give them you tmo.blackberry.net email address. I know it can be a hassle changing your email address, but is the monthly or yearly fee (which ever the require) really worth it, when you can get it for free ?
Old 05-23-2007, 03:17 PM   #45
artemis104
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: NA
Carrier: NA

Those of you who have it working, is it polled or push?
Old 05-25-2007, 11:03 AM   #46
Helmdawg
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9700
PIN: ned down...

Last night I set my Pearl to start receiving my hotmail emails and all worked fine. I've had my hotmail account for years.
Old 05-25-2007, 01:22 PM   #47
dcodner

Model: pearl
Carrier: tmobile

i just tried it by going to mytmobile and it worked fine. i've tried it on my pearl millions of times before and it always said i needed to pay for hotmail premium account. o well its working now.
Old 05-25-2007, 02:46 PM   #48
Michbb
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8100
PIN: 23FAA477
Carrier: Tmo

Weird... I tried going through tmo's website and through my phone and it still doesn't work.

Still says Access to Hotmail™ now requires a subscription e-mail account, you must first enable Outlook or Outlook Express access within Hotmail.
To enable Outlook or Outlook Express access within Hotmail, click here to open Hotmail's support page and follow the instructions. Once you have enabled Outlook or Outlook Express access to your Hotmail account, return to this page.
"Hotmail" is the registered trademark of Hotmail, Inc. All rights are reserved to its owner.
Old 05-26-2007, 10:16 AM   #49
pkittie
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320
Carrier: tmobile

Try this:

Help

Pay attention to the "Set Mobile Alert Features" section.

Also this page came up for Windows Mobile (you input phone service, number and phone type), which is different than the Windows Live Mobile:

MSN Mobile home

Last edited by pkittie; 05-26-2007 at 10:19 AM.. Reason: add'l info
Old 06-11-2007, 06:16 PM   #50
nynativecagirl@yahoo.com

Model: storm
Carrier: verizon
Red face Hotmail now works NOT!

I ended up writing to Hotmail customer service. I was told that they no longer support popmail, forwarding or anything like that. Have to access their email through the web browser. that's a bummer. I don't like doing that, takes too long. I like getting it right on the desktop like yahoo, gmail., etc. oh well not much can be done.

http://www.myspace.com/nynativecagirl
Old 06-11-2007, 07:36 PM   #51
Donna
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9650
PIN: t / Quart
Carrier: VZ
Default Just pay the $20

Quote:
Originally Posted by nynativecagirl@yahoo.com View Post
I haven't seen any new threads so I gather no one has figured out a way around the problem of having to pay for the Hotmail subscription in order to set it up with our BB. I downloaded the msn mobile but I don't want to use a browser to see my hotmail. that's a pain. I have the new Windows Live, that's all they offer now. at least Yahoo let's you set up with BB without making you upgrade to Yahoo plus! I guess I'll have to just shell out the money for the Hotmail subscript. darn them!
I had a new BlackBerry user with a Hotmail account created in 2004. Previuosly upgraded to the Live version. She had to keep that hotmail account. Ended up having her pay the $20 to upgrade to Live Plus and it worked within a few minutes.
Old 07-05-2007, 09:05 PM   #52
lostturttle

Model: 9000
Carrier: M3 Wireless Bermuda

Hi all, just upgraded my 7100g to a curve. I love it so far except for the Hotmail problem. Somehow I managed to setup hotmail and my isp mail on the old phone. After I performed the backup and sync to transfer all my data and apps to the curve I thought I was home free. Now after a few hours no mail! I wish I could remember how I set it up before. Oh and that was the regular "free" hotmail, member since 2000
Old 07-05-2007, 10:07 PM   #53
lostturttle

Model: 9000
Carrier: M3 Wireless Bermuda

OK I finally remembered, had to log back in to the BIS (good job I had password handy) input new pin and IMEI #'s register the unit resend service books andnow my curve is fully activated. Also the internet browsers icons returned as well, though opera was working fine.

I guess I was grandfathered in with the old hotmail.

Last edited by lostturttle; 07-07-2007 at 06:45 AM..
Closed Thread