Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2004, 09:26 PM   #1
ssalvi
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9700
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default Speakerphone Answer?

Please Login to Remove!

Is there a way to make speakerphone the default answer? It seems a bit of a pain to answer the phone in the car, and to hit the alt + spkr to get the speakerphone...of course unless I've got the headset on.

Maybe I'm missing something? I've tried to search for speakerphone here on the forums, but there's nothing that answers what I'm trying to do.

Scott Salvi
MassDigitalMedia.com
Nextel Blackberry 9700
Old 09-18-2004, 07:02 PM   #2
ssalvi

Guess it can't be done. If anyone knows for sure, it would be great if you replied! Thanks! Still trying to make it work...

Scott Salvi
MassDigitalMedia.com
Nextel Blackberry 9700
Old 09-18-2004, 07:15 PM   #3
yahtzee
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9650
Carrier: Sprint
Default Re: Speakerphone Answer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssalvi
Is there a way to make speakerphone the default answer? It seems a bit of a pain to answer the phone in the car, and to hit the alt + spkr to get the speakerphone...of course unless I've got the headset on.

Maybe I'm missing something? I've tried to search for speakerphone here on the forums, but there's nothing that answers what I'm trying to do.
You shouldnt have to hit Alt Speakerphone to make it work, only the speakerphone button...
Old 09-18-2004, 07:20 PM   #4
ssalvi

Thanks...I knew there had to be an easier way.

Scott Salvi
MassDigitalMedia.com
Nextel Blackberry 9700
Old 05-07-2006, 10:30 AM   #5
JustinKent

Model: 8700c

I have roughly the same question. I would like my phone to default to speakerphone, whether the call is incoming or outgoing. I usually use speaker phone and it gets annoying always initiating a call then hitting the speaker button. I noticed that some of the Nextel units have this option under phone options -> push to talk. Is this something that a little applet could be created for under BB OS 4.x? If so has anyone done it? I'm on an 8700c. Any information would be appreciated!
Old 05-07-2006, 11:48 AM   #6
Seattle18
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Curve
Carrier: Sprint

Not possible as of yet, but really, it's only a single button push, it's not that inconvenient.
Old 05-07-2006, 12:43 PM   #7
strobate
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700g

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinKent
I noticed that some of the Nextel units have this option under phone options -> push to talk. Is this something that a little applet could be created for under BB OS 4.x? If so has anyone done it? I'm on an 8700c. Any information would be appreciated!
This is for PTT calls only, which most people want to default to voice. Sorta a different beast.
Old 05-07-2006, 01:03 PM   #8
JustinKent

Model: 8700c

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattle18
Not possible as of yet, but really, it's only a single button push, it's not that inconvenient.
When you say 'not possible as of yet', do you mean there is not a solution currently, or do you mean it is not possible on the existing hardware and OS?

It's one additional button push, which multiplied times 20 calls a day, gets pretty inconvenient, especially fumbling for another button while driving. The argument is like saying 'why use a blackberry when you can just check your email from an internet cafe? It's not that inconvenient.' True, but the reason I'm using a blackberry is because it fits my lifestyle preferences better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by strobate
This is for PTT calls only, which most people want to default to voice. Sorta a different beast.
OK, I see that a push to talk call is slightly different than a regular voice call. When you say it's a different beast, are you saying that it's technically different, or philisophically? The fact that this feature is available at all makes me think it potentially could be made available for calls across the board.

Any hard core blackberry hackers want to investigate? I suspect there is money to be made on this feature via donationware.
Old 05-07-2006, 02:12 PM   #9
slapshotw

Carrier: T-mobile

Hi,

I'm fairly sure this isn't prevented by hardware...somebody (RIM or maybe even a 3rd party) should be able to add this functionality in with the current system. Maybe the next OS upgrade.

-Matt
Old 05-07-2006, 03:28 PM   #10
strobate
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinKent
OK, I see that a push to talk call is slightly different than a regular voice call. When you say it's a different beast, are you saying that it's technically different, or philisophically? The fact that this feature is available at all makes me think it potentially could be made available for calls across the board.
Well, I guess both, but I agree with your latter point.
Closed Thread