jibi
BlackBerry God

Model: 8900
Carrier: AT&T

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcbjr
jibi,

Since they pushed the Internet Browser to my 8700, in Nov. I think I have visited the WAP site 3 or 4 times, mainly for trouble shooting. I do most of my browsing here on my BB.

Any help in this will be greatly appreciated as this is very frustrating. I have to refreash much more frequently now, which counteractes the effects of the new server.

Thanks for your Help.
Rcbjr
to be honest, if its trying to process and read the straight XHTML code, then i'd say that's going to be the issue - the vBulletin team just about completely revamped the entire script-base for this version. while its 1000000x better on PCs, i could see how it'd likely be 1000000x worse on handhelds.
Old 03-09-2006, 05:02 AM   #42
hbomb341
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700C

I like the upgrade a lot faster on posting. My only recomendation / grip is to move the Googel ad's to the other side of the page. I keep clinking on them when I go between windows which are cascated.
Old 03-09-2006, 10:06 AM   #43
DesertDog
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8300

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbomb341
I like the upgrade a lot faster on posting. My only recomendation / grip is to move the Googel ad's to the other side of the page. I keep clinking on them when I go between windows which are cascated.
If the windows are IE windows with different sites you would really be able to make use of FireFox tabbed browsing. Several sites open in the same window with selection tabs across the top.
Old 03-09-2006, 10:11 AM   #44
hbomb341
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700C

Ya, Wish my Compnay would let us install it on our laptops. I have it at home, and like it. But my work laptop (goes with me EVERYWHERE), is locked down, and the second I go away form the BASE, it send a signal to IT. I installed MS SQL server (Which I use EVERYDAY), thye called me askign me to uninstall it within an hour and half. They almost 24x7 audit our systems.
Old 03-09-2006, 07:46 PM   #45
rcbjr
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8700

Quote:
Originally Posted by jibi
to be honest, if its trying to process and read the straight XHTML code, then i'd say that's going to be the issue - the vBulletin team just about completely revamped the entire script-base for this version. while its 1000000x better on PCs, i could see how it'd likely be 1000000x worse on handhelds.
----
Jibi, I'm not really sure I understand this. It appears to process the scripts (requesting and running) and stylesheets, just like with the previous version, but the results are different. It seems to me to be a difference in how the "changed since view" is either recorded or recognized. Do you think it is a browser problem or in the vBulletin processing? Should I raise it to RIM?

Thanks for your Help.
Rcbjr
Old 03-10-2006, 05:37 PM   #46
srl7741

Model: Bold

In this thread: http://www.blackberryforums.com/show...e=6#post188271

i have noticed something? The screen does not re-size to fit and i must scroll to the right forever to read posts. Is this a bug from the update or due to the fasion in which the images are posted? It's the only thread that does it and i never noticed it b4 the update to the forums.
I use duel 20' monitors with 1280x1024 resolution i would hate to think what one 800x600 screen would be like.

Last edited by srl7741; 03-10-2006 at 05:40 PM..
Old 03-10-2006, 07:24 PM   #47
rcbjr

Model: 8700

Update to my problem browsing this site with the BB. I have been clearing the content cache between returning to a forum to check for updates during the same visit. This doesn't correct the problem of not going to the latest unread post, but at least I sont have to refresh each thread to see the new posts.

Again, is this a RIM problem or a vBulletin problem or both?

Thanks for your Help.
Rcbjr
Old 03-12-2006, 01:36 AM   #48
Seattle18

Model: Curve
Carrier: Sprint

Love the new reply format, and the updated speed. But there are two things I would like to see resolved. I am a Mac user, and in Safari the Smilies portion of the message window flows off to the right of the screen, with NO bottom scroll bar that appears. So I cannot scroll over to the right to access most of them. I see that there is a drop menu of smilies that fixes my issue, but aesthetically it is annoying having half of the smilies window off the screen. Also, I would like to see a much wider array of smilies available for use, especially some unique ones. Some kewl ones like one smiley flame throwing another, or one that throws up, or two that give high fives to each other, etc. Animated smilies have been around for a while, we should have a large selection in here - sometimes a smiley conveys better than words!

Lastly, and most importantly, the color scheme of the site. It is acceptable as it is right now, but what would really make it eye pleasing (and probably draw thousands more members) is to use Seahawk blue, white and green! Maybe even a few Seahawk images here and there. I could help with the design!
Old 03-12-2006, 02:00 AM   #49
BES admin
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: Droid
Carrier: Android -> AT&T

I like the quick edit function, really makes it much quicker.

Great job!! Everyone who manages this site is awesome!!

Thanks for being here.
Old 03-12-2006, 06:08 AM   #50
Tom
Admin & Founder

Model: 9800
PIN: UnDisclosed
Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by seattle18
Love the new reply format, and the updated speed. But there are two things I would like to see resolved. I am a Mac user, and in Safari the Smilies portion of the message window flows off to the right of the screen, with NO bottom scroll bar that appears. So I cannot scroll over to the right to access most of them. I see that there is a drop menu of smilies that fixes my issue, but aesthetically it is annoying having half of the smilies window off the screen. Also, I would like to see a much wider array of smilies available for use, especially some unique ones. Some kewl ones like one smiley flame throwing another, or one that throws up, or two that give high fives to each other, etc. Animated smilies have been around for a while, we should have a large selection in here - sometimes a smiley conveys better than words!

Lastly, and most importantly, the color scheme of the site. It is acceptable as it is right now, but what would really make it eye pleasing (and probably draw thousands more members) is to use Seahawk blue, white and green! Maybe even a few Seahawk images here and there. I could help with the design!
1. I use safari and do not experience this problem. Check your settings.

2. Huge assortments of animated smilies can be used in a place that is less professional, I prefer to keep this place as mature as possible, therefore that feature will never exist.

3. Your dreaming about a seahawk designed site, the color scheme was going to be changed, but with the opinions of others it is now the permanent color scheme of bbf.
Old 03-12-2006, 12:21 PM   #51
Seattle18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess
1. I use safari and do not experience this problem. Check your settings.
What settings? I looked at everything in the Preferences area and see nothing that would relate to that. Ideas?

Quote:
2. Huge assortments of animated smilies can be used in a place that is less professional, I prefer to keep this place as mature as possible, therefore that feature will never exist.
I see your point.

Quote:
3. Your dreaming about a seahawk designed site, the color scheme was going to be changed, but with the opinions of others it is now the permanent color scheme of bbf.
I'm telling you, Seahawk colors would really make this site a beauty!
Old 03-12-2006, 12:45 PM   #52
Seattle18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess
Huge assortments of animated smilies can be used in a place that is less professional, I prefer to keep this place as mature as possible, therefore that feature will never exist.
The following post came along just when I needed it - your point is so well illustrated in it.

http://www.blackberryforums.com/show...46&postcount=5