BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 07:05 AM   #1
noviwinger

Model: 7520
Carrier: Nextel
Question Push MDS Client to Blackberry

Please Login to Remove!

I am trying to figure out how to push the MDS client from our BES to Balckberry. Can this be done? If so, how?

I think it can be done through the Software Configuration and I attempted to do it but it is not deploying. Which brings up another problem, how do you unassign the software configuration so you can delete it?

I am running BES 4.1 SP4 and my test unit is a Curve run 4.2.2.170 on AT&T

Any assistance is most appreciated.
Old 04-04-2008, 09:27 AM   #2
sferical
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
Carrier: Voda

Yes you can send it OTA via a software configuration. Make sure you set the deployment to Wireless.

However, it does take a very long time to download over the air. Once it took an hour.... !!

To delete a software config make sure you assign all users to another config or to 'none' and then you can delete it.
Old 04-04-2008, 10:13 AM   #3
noviwinger

Model: 7520
Carrier: Nextel

How am I able to determine who is assigned a Software Configuration and where to I set them to NONE?

Do you have instructions on the setup of the MDS Runtime Software Configuration? I tried setting it and waited 24 hours without it being installed. Only one device was setup for the install and it never installed.

Any suggestions on troubleshooting the problem?
Old 04-08-2008, 07:38 PM   #4
Ugg
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8310
Carrier: O2

Quote:
Originally Posted by noviwinger View Post
How am I able to determine who is assigned a Software Configuration
One way is to add that column to the BES manager list by right-clicking a column and then sorting by it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noviwinger View Post
and where to I set them to NONE?
In 4.1.4, right-click a user with that software config and select "assign software configuration". "<none>" is an option.
Old 05-02-2008, 03:27 PM   #5
Woodcote

Model: 8800
Carrier: ATT
Default MDS push to 4.2.2.70

My BES is version 4.1.3, and I'm now seeing new curves with handheld software 4.2.2.70 needing MDS.

Our software configuration had MDS version 1.1.1.25 which has worked fine for previous devices, but will not push to the new curves.

I downloaded MDS 1.1.2.23, and installed it manually on one of the new curves running 4.2.2.170 software, so I updated my software configuration with MDS 1.1.2.23. I also installed the device software on the BES, and made sure teh devices.xml had the 8300 listed in it.

However even though the new MDS shows up in my software configuration, and will install on other devices OTA it will not push or register (by doing a update configuration check) it needs to update on the new 4.2.2.170 curves.

Anyone else seen this? My users are remote, so I would rather use the software configuration to push instead of doining a manual install.

I'm curious if others have been able to push MDS via a software configuration to their 4.2.2.170 devices...
Closed Thread