Old 07-18-2007, 01:54 PM   #1
brh986
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: Pearl
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default Trying to use pearl as USB modem on T-Mobile - no luck

Please Login to Remove!

I'm getting an error when I try to use it after following the guide here: http://www.blackberryforums.com/blac...em-laptop.html

Wondering if perhaps any of the information has changed such as they way they handle the user name and password or perhaps the wap.voicestream.com thing - T-mobile hasn't been called voicestream in YEARS in the US - seems hard to believe they would still use that site...

In any event I get error 732, something about the server and the modem can't agree on the protocol.

Also could be that my administrator hasn't enabled it (yes I'm on BES) but I'm wondering if anyone here can diagnose if that is the problem or not by the error I'm getting. I hope I don't have to go to IT because they are idiots and I would bet anything they don't even know how to enable a blackberry as a modem let alone help me get it connected. If this is my problem wondering if there is a way to disconnect myself from the BES to use as a modem and then reconnect later.

Can anyone help me out here? The dialup I have really sucks, took this page about 5 min to load! Thanks.

Oh yea I also followed this guide which had a couple extra instructions but still no luck. How to: Tether BlackBerry Pearl to PC for use as a modem at Mobile Wireless News
Old 07-18-2007, 03:57 PM   #2
Cory Scheuer
No longer Registered.

Model: 8900
Carrier: None

have you talked to your admin about it? maybe they do have to set it up in the BES
Closed Thread