Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2008, 04:02 PM   #1
Ansleyg

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Angry Hellllp!!!

Please Login to Remove!

I am such a klutz, I dropped my BB Curve 8310. The screen turned white and I thought It would reset it self so I turned it off. When I turned it back on I got a blank screen. I can voice dial from my directory and receive calls but I can't manually dial or perform any operation. Anyone got any suggestions. I keep all my passwords for multiple system at work on my BB, rescue me someone.......HELP!!!!!!

Last edited by Ansleyg; 10-05-2008 at 04:32 PM..
Old 10-05-2008, 04:14 PM   #2
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles

Did you try removing the battery to reboot the device?
Old 10-05-2008, 04:15 PM   #3
John Clark
BBF Moderator

And you might check your spelling of Wisconsin.
Old 10-05-2008, 04:24 PM   #4
Ansleyg

I removed that battery and rebooted it and I also use my desktop manage to see if that would help but nothing. Spelling on wisc checked ....good looking out
Old 10-05-2008, 04:26 PM   #5
John Clark
BBF Moderator

So when you say "nothing," what exactly is displayed on the device right now?
Old 10-05-2008, 04:28 PM   #6
Ansleyg

Just a dark screen.
Old 10-05-2008, 06:17 PM   #7
lacroixn
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9900
Carrier: T-mobile

New phone? Warranty may be effective.
Old 10-05-2008, 06:18 PM   #8
John Clark
BBF Moderator

So, the screen is dark but the device still appears to be working? Can you make a backup of the device using desktop manager? It sounds like the display has gone bad. You can try warranty as long as there is no apparent physical damage to the device.
Old 10-05-2008, 06:45 PM   #9
mgerbasio
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8800c
Carrier: Cingular

Sounds like a similar problem I had and had to replace the device.

My tale of woe: I've always kept my BB in my top shirt pocket and have a skin on it so it doesn't slip out. Last May, after I was telling someone in a forum this wasn't a problem, I bend over to get something off the floor and out came the 8800. I had business cards in my pocket so the skin stuck to the first card which slid right off the card below it. My 7290 had a few falls without a problem, but the 8800 died. It wouldn't turn on, the screen was dark, no LED, I couldn't even get an LED when charging it. Tried to connect to it via laptop without any success. Took it apart to see if something was loose, no luck. Not a scratch, dent or bump on it.

Out of warranty, I started using BBConnect on a Tilt trying to hold off for a Bold. Then I just bit the bullet and bought a new one. I'm thinking about an OtterBox for the Bold (if I ever actually see the Bold) but would like to see it before I buy so I can decide how bulky and if it is worth it. Scratches don't bother me much but I hate to have to buy a new BB at full price halfway into my contract.

Regards-Michael G.
Old 12-07-2008, 02:45 PM   #10
Ansleyg

Thumbs up

Hello eveyone, When I first posted this message, I had issues with my bb relating to a blank screen, no water damage, screen just would not work. I call at&t and they sent me another bb and I had to return the old one. I got me bb within two days which I though was great. Well, yesterday I was leaning over the toilet and my bb fell, where else, but into the toilet. I snatch it out and shook the water off. I then open the back and there was'nt much moisture visible so I tap the phone a couple times and then took the battery out to check the moisture strip and it was red. I took a hair dryer and blow it off as best as I could. I turn it on and it come on with a slight flickering on the screen. I then took the battery and sim card out and place the bb by the heater over night. Today I replaced everything and the hour glass came on the display screen and stay on for a very long time then it rebooted to the network, I quickly connect the bb to my desk top manager and wala!!! everything is fine in my bb world again. I don't know if the actions I took in the order in the order that I took help with my situation but I just thought I would share it in the event that it would be helpful to others........Success!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry about my excitement and typos. when I wrote this I was gratefull that I did not have to spend $500. to replace my BB.

Last edited by Ansleyg; 12-08-2008 at 09:05 PM..
Old 12-07-2008, 03:04 PM   #11
amsyh
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9800
Carrier: Saudi Telecom Company(STC)
Default English/Arabic dictionary for the BB

Can anyone direct me where I can find a good English/Arabic dictionary?
Closed Thread