BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 12-20-2008, 11:24 AM   #1
Grouper

Model: Curve
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Telus
Default Why Do I Have To Wait For My Audio Files To Load?

Please Login to Remove!

Hi Everyone! First time posting here!

I have a hopefully quick question:

When I hook my blackberry curve upto my computer, and load my music onto my berrys micro sd card, It all works and goes smoothly. It takes a while since theres about 4 gigs of music, But thats to be expected. After it had finished I unpluged the berry from the computer, went into the media app, into the music section, and there was the music, slowing adding one song at a time. It took probpy 20 minutes for all the songs to finally show up. I thought no big deal, this one time. But then, I added a couple pictures to the berry, via connection to the computer, Then unplugged it, went to see the pictures, they were there, But the songs were re loading again!
Everytime I plug my berry into my computer, Its going to take 20 minutes or so to get all my songs to be displayed!

This is my first PDA, so im pretty green with things, Any info for help or suggestions from the pro's would be very apprecieted!

Thanks for the help everyone!
Alan
Old 12-20-2008, 03:00 PM   #2
341EastOf
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8900
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile

I am not a pro by any means, but updating to the newest OS available might help your Curve recognize your media files faster.
Old 12-20-2008, 06:31 PM   #3
SteveO86
BlackBerryForums.com Super Moderator

Model: 9650
PIN: I heard it drop!
Carrier: VZW BIS

Yea Install OS 4.5 and after you transfer your files and unplug your BlackBerry and open the media app you will a progress that says "scanning" once that is finished you will be fine.

That is the best that can be done, since you are not running 4.5 then do a battery pull and it wil force the BlackBerry to re-scan the media card.

Follow me on Twitter
Old 12-21-2008, 01:23 AM   #4
raja_3012
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: iPhn4
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grouper View Post
Hi Everyone! First time posting here!

I have a hopefully quick question:

When I hook my blackberry curve upto my computer, and load my music onto my berrys micro sd card, It all works and goes smoothly. It takes a while since theres about 4 gigs of music, But thats to be expected. After it had finished I unpluged the berry from the computer, went into the media app, into the music section, and there was the music, slowing adding one song at a time. It took probpy 20 minutes for all the songs to finally show up. I thought no big deal, this one time. But then, I added a couple pictures to the berry, via connection to the computer, Then unplugged it, went to see the pictures, they were there, But the songs were re loading again!
Everytime I plug my berry into my computer, Its going to take 20 minutes or so to get all my songs to be displayed!

This is my first PDA, so im pretty green with things, Any info for help or suggestions from the pro's would be very apprecieted!

Thanks for the help everyone!
Alan
It pretty much depends on the read speed of the microSD card and the OS scalability using processor speed.
Old 12-21-2008, 10:05 AM   #5
VIOLATOR
CrackBerry Addict

Model: BOLD
PIN: Pulled - 1, 2, 3 run!
Carrier: AT&T

It is usually better to load the songs into folders. Separate the songs by genre, artist or what ever way you like.

I have a Garmin Zumo 550 and I have an 8gb card in it with MPs'3 and if you just load the songs straight to the card it takes the reader several minutes to "read" all of the songs. However if you load them into folders it will cue up in seconds because it is not trying to read every single file.

I have approx. 850 songs on one card and they are in about 30 different folders. It will start up in about 5 seconds.

I do not know the technical aspects about why - I just know that this is how we deal with that same issue.

Give it a try.

David
Old 12-25-2008, 02:27 PM   #6
blakeatl

Model: 8100
Carrier: T-mobile

I'm having an issue here where only two of my music folders are seen. I have like 8 folders and it's pissing me off.
Old 12-25-2008, 02:34 PM   #7
blakeatl

Model: 8100
Carrier: T-mobile

Ok....second reset brought them up.
Merry Christmas to all!!
Closed Thread