What many of us have been waiting for:

TeamworkMatrix - Group Collaboration / Task Management for BlackBerry
Old 08-16-2010, 09:49 AM   #2
djm2
BlackBerry Master

Model: 9780
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile

Very interesting. Now I wonder if a new version of ToDo is on the horizon with the multiple sub-folders option? That would probably suit my needs.
Old 08-21-2010, 03:56 PM   #3
DaBlackberryBoy
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9850
PIN: URADUMAS
Carrier: Verizon

I trialed it and loved what I saw djm2! It is a lot of what we have been looking for. Like you, I hope to see something on the less pricey end in the near future.

The only things I do not like abou it, you cannot make team mates visible to only certain aspects of the TeamworkMatrix; and also that there is no integration yet with RexDesktop. I assume it will come with the newer version, so hopefully that too is on the horizon as well!
Old 08-22-2010, 11:38 AM   #4
djm2
BlackBerry Master

I really hope that they get something worked out with the new Desktop application. Right now I am running a bit of a kludged system with ToDo on the BB and MLO on the PC, but the sync between the two is best handled manually. I just couldn't get enthused about the BB implementation of MLO, which I have trialed.
Old 08-23-2010, 10:34 AM   #5
DaBlackberryBoy
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by djm2 View Post
I really hope that they get something worked out with the new Desktop application. Right now I am running a bit of a kludged system with ToDo on the BB and MLO on the PC, but the sync between the two is best handled manually. I just couldn't get enthused about the BB implementation of MLO, which I have trialed.
Yeah I feel you on the MLO for BB, I used it and loved in on WinMo. Nothing wrong with it, just a different train of thought after working with TMX for so long. I think I might splurge and take a chance on TeamworkMatrix and hope for tight integration with the new RexDesktop. If all works as I hope, I will be feeding Rex steak and potatoes for some time to come!
Old 08-23-2010, 11:02 AM   #6
djm2
BlackBerry Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBlackberryBoy View Post
Yeah I feel you on the MLO for BB, I used it and loved in on WinMo. Nothing wrong with it, just a different train of thought after working with TMX for so long. I think I might splurge and take a chance on TeamworkMatrix and hope for tight integration with the new RexDesktop. If all works as I hope, I will be feeding Rex steak and potatoes for some time to come!
You may have identified part of the Rex business model. TeamworkMatrix may be the "high end" task manager for those who are demanding more -- with the corresponding higher annual price -- while ToDo is the "normal" individual task manager. I notice that you can use Teamwork with a "team" of 1, which allows it to play in that market as well.

Do you know if the monthly fees for Teamwork include the Desktop (when it will be available)?
Old 08-24-2010, 09:12 AM   #7
DaBlackberryBoy
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by djm2 View Post
You may have identified part of the Rex business model. TeamworkMatrix may be the "high end" task manager for those who are demanding more -- with the corresponding higher annual price -- while ToDo is the "normal" individual task manager. I notice that you can use Teamwork with a "team" of 1, which allows it to play in that market as well.

Do you know if the monthly fees for Teamwork include the Desktop (when it will be available)?
From my understanding, RexDesktop will remain subscription as it is per year, 2 years, 3 years. TeamworkMatrix, I think, will be similiar to TodoMatrix in that you will get it via that subscription. But, TeamworkMatrix itself on device is subject to monthly pricing (see TeamworkMatrix - Group Collaboration / Task Management for BlackBerry).

Now yesterday I heard rumblings of a new TodoMatrix version coming out before the end of this month. My hope is that this will be the version where they integrate some of the functionality in TeamworkMatrix into Todomatrix. So I am holding out for this to see what is going on. If it does not pan out, my wife and I to start will hop on the TeamworkMatrix bandwagon. My only hope is that TeamworkMatrix can get a security lift to allow visibility controls to be implemented to hide/show certain aspects of the TeamworkMatrix to certain people; then I could add my business team onto it and it can be all encompassing and I could get rid of an app or two on my device.
Closed Thread