BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2007, 08:38 AM   #61
luleese

Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T

Please Login to Remove!

Opera Mini + Facebook | Login is still the best solution, IMHO.
Old 10-25-2007, 11:00 AM   #62
rockinsage
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8130
Carrier: Verizon

I'm on Verizon, haven't been able to download yet. When I first went to Facebook on my bb, I had the link to download, I clicked, nothing happened. Now when I go to Facebook, I no longer have the download link, even after loggign out/in and clearing cache & cookies. I've read elsewhere that users have this working with Verizon bb's. Does anyone have the direct download link?

EDIT: still can't get back to OTA download, but found this to install via desktop:
BlackBerry - BlackBerry | Wireless Handheld Devices, Software & Services from Research In Motion (RIM)

Last edited by rockinsage; 10-25-2007 at 12:05 PM.. Reason: found desktop download link
Old 10-25-2007, 01:06 PM   #63
mas90guru
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9800

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shokat View Post
I'm not receiving notifications from wall posts etc. Is anybody else having this problem? Isn't that main screen supposed to be your mini feed/notification list?
I just noticed this as well -- it seems that your Blackberry main screen is only updated when you receive email notifications from Facebook.

I had two picture comment notifications get caught in my email provider’s spam filter.

When I later went in and released the emails and they were delivered to my Blackberry (the next day) - suddenly two Facebook notification icons appeared on my Blackberry and the notification screen showed that two people made comments -- at the time the emails were received on my Blackberry (not the actual time they made the comment the night before).

On the main notification screen, the time of the comments was the exact same time as the time I received the two delayed emails (NOT the time the comments were made) from Facebook.

Quite possibly at least part of this application is not as real time as it might seem. Clicking on the notifications DOES bring you to the Facebook information with proper date and times.
Old 10-25-2007, 01:19 PM   #64
gibber9583
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8310
PIN: ?

If you have the email account that your notification are sent to on your blackberry, you will not receive an email(on your blackberry) notifying you of the event. Instead, the facebook notifier pops up.

Interestingly enough, if i log onto gmail, i have an email notification.

All of my other email was pushed to my blackberry. So my interpretation of this app, is that it 'intercepts' either on the blackberry, or on RIMs servers and blocks the email and makes a notification for it.

The more i use the app, the more useless it seems to me. Along witht he quirks mentioned above(no view/edit profile, the application icon when its running) i feel like this app may have been rushed.... anyone else feel the same way?
Old 10-25-2007, 01:40 PM   #65
madambomb

Model: 8100
Carrier: TMobile
Unhappy Won't install on 8100

I've installed this twice and in my Advanced Options/Apps it shows it installed but I see no icon anywhere. Could it be conflicting with my theme perhaps?

Any ideas?

MB
Old 10-25-2007, 01:48 PM   #66
mas90guru
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibber9583 View Post
If you have the email account that your notification are sent to on your blackberry, you will not receive an email(on your blackberry) notifying you of the event. Instead, the facebook notifier pops up.
I think you might be right. I didn't watch the incoming notification email that closely to see whether it ever made it onto my BB. I'm testing it again but I'm betting you're right.

I know for sure that the notification screen on the FB app only shows the time that the email was received -- NOT the time the event happened. So if the email is delayed going to your BB, you don't get a real time notification from FB. In essence you are getting a notification via email which is triggering the icon.

It's probably a power saver as well -- I didn't see any manual for the FB app, did you?
Old 10-25-2007, 03:26 PM   #67
Lex Luthor
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Carrier: xxx9824;xxx9824;xxx9824;xxx9824;xxx9824;

I uninstalled the application then reinstalled it. No more issues, it's working fine.
Old 10-25-2007, 04:53 PM   #68
gdpmumin
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9630
Carrier: VZW

I have text notifications enabled in Facebook and those come through still, in addition to alerts from the Facebook app. The texts come in a lot earlier than the Facebook alert, though. At least it seems that way.
Old 10-25-2007, 07:58 PM   #69
jstodda79

Model: 8300
PIN: 241E85A8
Carrier: I work for T-Mobile!!
Default Facebook for T-Mobile only

I got this announcement at work like a month ago. At T-Mobile we signed exclusive rights to have this software pair with our network. So if you have anything but TMO it wont work properly (at least I have been told so). We also signed exclusive rights for MySpace program similar to the facebook one to work on our Sidekick 3 and Sidekick LX which just came out.. There are talkes to open it up to the Blackberry as well.. we will see.. Just FYI. Sorry I didnt get this announcement up a month ago :( lol
Old 10-25-2007, 08:01 PM   #70
gdpmumin
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstodda79 View Post
o if you have anything but TMO it wont work properly (at least I have been told so).

Works fine on my device. SunCom isn't yet part of the TMO network, but it works without any issues.
Old 10-25-2007, 08:15 PM   #71
jstodda79

PIN: 241E85A8
Carrier: I work for T-Mobile!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdpmumin View Post
Works fine on my device. SunCom isn't yet part of the TMO network, but it works without any issues.
Thats because we (tmobile) already bought SUNCOM Its not totally changed over, but we have had your network for awhile now HE HE HE
Old 10-25-2007, 08:16 PM   #72
fizzleation
Thumbs Must Hurt

ota install was quick and easy and it seems to be working great still. Seems like alerts get to my fine pretty quickly. So, i don't think success is limited to t-mo...
Old 10-25-2007, 08:18 PM   #73
ezrunner
EPIC MOD

Model: ZED10
PIN: INK STICK
Carrier: Tmobile

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8700/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

I'm on wap so what's the verdict on this app? I'd scroll thru all 72 posts in this thread but that will take to long via wapbbf
Old 10-25-2007, 08:34 PM   #74
gdpmumin
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstodda79 View Post
Thats because we (tmobile) already bought SUNCOM Its not totally changed over, but we have had your network for awhile now HE HE HE
Hmm, not according to SunCom and T-Mobile. Network switch over won't happen until 2008. According to both companies, SunCom is still SunCom on all fronts. Anyway, it doesn't matter. The main thing is that the Facebook app works.
Old 10-25-2007, 08:38 PM   #75
rjansen3
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8330
Carrier: Sprint
Default I feel

like this app leaves a lot to be desired. Its fun to play around with and all that, but seriously, there could have been so many more features. Oh well, it was free!

Motorola i710 , i730 , i860 , i930
7100i , 8830 , 8330
Old 10-25-2007, 10:31 PM   #76
jahlisimo

Model: 8900
Carrier: T-Mobile

Has anyone gotten this app to work with BES? I've downloaded the app but when I try to sign in I get a msg saying that There was an error contacting Facebook. Anyone else have this problem?
Old 10-26-2007, 12:13 AM   #77
jahlisimo

Model: 8900
Carrier: T-Mobile

Does this need your facebook email to be going directly to your BB?
Old 10-26-2007, 02:00 AM   #78
aalok

Model: 9000
Carrier: at&t

i cant seem to download this app.... i click that link... then i get to the terms page, i click accept, then i end up on some page where it tells me to get active x controls, and the links just dont work.... any one else have this problem, any other way to dl this?
Old 10-26-2007, 03:06 AM   #79
meth0dz

I love this new app except for 2 things:

1. I want the program to stay on. Virtually no other app fully closes when you hit the esc key? Why does this app? Hopefully the facebook msg icon still shows up even when not running in the background. Haven't had it long enough to test this.
2. The photos aren't full resolution. I would give my left arm for this so that I wouldnt have to pay for flicker. That would give me unlimited storage + easy uploading on the go.

Can't expect anything for the 1st release but hopefully they add more in the future. Does anyone know how often RIM updates their apps?
Old 10-26-2007, 03:08 AM   #80
unknownvirus
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8310/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102 UP.Link/6.3.0.0.0)

The alerts that are sent to your facebook app are the email notifications that are set on your account. Now if your bb email and fb email match. You can go to the facebook app options and uncheck leave message on server and instead of getting email alerts like you always have. The bb facebook app will habdle it all and alert you if its running in the backround. I have found that this process IS instantaeous.
Closed Thread