Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2008, 07:36 PM   #1
BB Whelmed

Model: 8033
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Sprint
Default Experience with e-Mobile Planner

Please Login to Remove!

I'm looking for an alternative to the BB calendar. I've tried Agendus and Pocket Informant and been less than satisfied. Has anyone tried the e-Mobile Planner? I haven't been able to find any reviews on the product. It looks interesting, but so did Pocket Informant.

The same company also offers e-Mobile Today Pro, which seems to include Planner in it, but it's a bit unclear. Anyone know?

Bonus question: it seems like the add-on calendars all have a problem with synching with the BB calendar and Outlook. It's as if there's no direct path among the three -- or no way to by-pass the BB calendar. Is this a problem with the BB architecture? Or is it the way 3rd party developers choose to set it up? Just curious.
Thanks.
Old 11-09-2008, 09:17 PM   #2
gdpmumin
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9630
Carrier: VZW

If you're less than satisfied with Pocket Informant, then you're going to be sorely dissatisfied with anything else on the market. Guaranteed. PI for BB isn't nearly as good as it is for Windows Mobile devices, but it's worlds better than the default calendar and any third party competition currently available.
Old 11-29-2008, 12:08 PM   #3
DaBlackberryBoy
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9850
PIN: URADUMAS
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdpmumin View Post
If you're less than satisfied with Pocket Informant, then you're going to be sorely dissatisfied with anything else on the market. Guaranteed. PI for BB isn't nearly as good as it is for Windows Mobile devices, but it's worlds better than the default calendar and any third party competition currently available.
I second this to the maxx---PI BB has its shortcomings, but their developer Alex Kac is very responsive with his products. All need to keep in mind that this is new territory for them at webis, but they will come thru. I for one struggle with a couple of qwerks, but still have PIBB installed, knowing that by v2, we will have something good going. v.1.0.1 is not that bad, and I heard 1.0.2 should be out soon (after first of year most likely), where a lot of fixes and additions will be made. But stay clear of eMobile Planner, I downloaded that for a second and uninstalled and initiated a refund. Good idea, just not as customizable.
Old 01-09-2009, 05:02 AM   #4
Albert_Mueller

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Angry e-Mobile Planner not usable

It is really a shame e-Mobile Planner looks really good. The concept is great but it is not usable on my BlackBerry Bold 9000... Why ?

- repeating calendar entries (from my Lotus Notes) showed on the BB calendar but not on e-Mobile Planner.

- to scroll through the calendar is much too slow. Simply not usable. It would be OK to wait a while if the data would stay in cache and you could swop forward and backward to a page which already stored in cache. But you have to wait more or less for each page again.

- for a European person used to start the week on Monday, it is hard to accept that there is no option then to start Sunday (first Software ever w/o this option)

- day / time format only for the US no choice to switch to EU format
Old 01-09-2009, 10:09 AM   #5
DaBlackberryBoy
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9850
PIN: URADUMAS
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert_Mueller View Post
It is really a shame e-Mobile Planner looks really good. The concept is great but it is not usable on my BlackBerry Bold 9000... Why ?

- repeating calendar entries (from my Lotus Notes) showed on the BB calendar but not on e-Mobile Planner.

- to scroll through the calendar is much too slow. Simply not usable. It would be OK to wait a while if the data would stay in cache and you could swop forward and backward to a page which already stored in cache. But you have to wait more or less for each page again.

- for a European person used to start the week on Monday, it is hard to accept that there is no option then to start Sunday (first Software ever w/o this option)

- day / time format only for the US no choice to switch to EU format
I'm with ya brother. Just not quite there yet. I have suggested some of the same items you list to them, and never heard from them since. So I guess the feeling will be mutual at this point!
Old 01-17-2009, 12:29 PM   #6
jsntrenkler
BlackBerry Blooded

Model: 9630
PIN: ????
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

I was looking at picking up Agendus for my Storm ... Not so good?
Old 01-19-2009, 12:50 PM   #7
roofus
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: PassP
Carrier: Bell

According to this thread Agendus works well with the Storm, but I couldn't get it to do anything:

http://www.blackberryforums.com/afte...pps-storm.html
Closed Thread