BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2006, 11:39 AM   #41
gsxr150
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
Carrier: Sprint

Please Login to Remove!

Yeah...I just want an adaptor so I can use my ear buds.
Old 10-05-2006, 02:57 PM   #42
seidioseidio
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9630
Carrier: AT&T | Verizon | T-Mobile | Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7100simpleisbetter
Funny this was posted today. I just got my Seidio adapter the ADA3-Whatever with microphone and did a stereo sound test. The adapter seems to work great but the sound is reversed, the Left sound comes out of the right speaker and Right sound comes out of the left speaker. There also seems to be a little white noise that is produced with the headset but other than that it seems to work fine as long as you aren't going to freak out when your zepplin or floyd songs with panning tracks are going backwards across your head.
The one made specifically for the 8100 can be found at the following link:

https://www.seidioonline.com/index.a...ROD&ProdID=507

If you bought something beside the above, you do have 2 weeks after receiving it to return it for a complete refund (except for shipping charges). To request a refund, please navigate to the following link:

https://www.seidioonline.com/index.a...n=Custom&ID=33

Order the first one, and all will be well. The one thing that may distinguish our adaptor from others is - you can answer the phone without disconnecting your headset. Since the adaptor is microphone enabled, you can use it to listen to music and/or make/receive phone calls with your favorite headset as well. It's a well-known feature of many of the products we make for other brands of phones, but not nearly as familiar to the Blackberry family. As mentioned a few times above you must plug your headset into your adaptor before plugging into your Pearl
- otherwise, things just won't work right. If I'm not being clear or repeating too much please let me know; I don't mean to insult anyone.

David
[email address]
Old 10-05-2006, 08:10 PM   #43
gsxr150
Thumbs Must Hurt

Better yet,

The cheap version!

Seidio Stereo Adapter - Lockergnome's Mobile Lifestyle

Last edited by gsxr150; 10-05-2006 at 08:27 PM..
Old 10-05-2006, 08:30 PM   #44
seidioseidio

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxr150
Beware of this one - it was not made specifically for the 8100, which has different wiring than most other devices. We are working feverishly on an everyday adaptor without mic or any other capabilities for those just wanting to listen to music. We hope to have this puppy out within the next few weeks as well as a bunch of other stuff.

David
[email address]
Old 10-05-2006, 08:35 PM   #45
gsxr150
Thumbs Must Hurt

So the verdict is to wait....
Old 10-05-2006, 10:51 PM   #46
BES admin
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: Droid
Carrier: Android -> AT&T

Quote:
...or read the whole thread and buy the one which two people have used and recommend.
Old 10-05-2006, 11:02 PM   #47
jrdul6748
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: T-Mobile

Yeah, when mine comes in, I'll report back.
Old 10-06-2006, 12:51 AM   #48
ImagineParadise
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
heres the low down dude...

BES and others say go buy 2.5 male to 3.5 female adapters somewhere around in this thread (there are links).

Others in here say the best way is to go to radioshack and get a house brand and just make a spacer for the 2.5mm end.

What I mean is that BES and others get mono sound (coming from only one earbud,headphone,etc) if they used the radioshack one.

BUT The other guys on here say all you have to do is play with the connection a little bit by pulling the 2.5mm male connecter out slightly and bam! Stereo sound! I complimented(sp?) that one guy who figured it out. Some others have figured out this trick as well so you dont have to pay for extra shipping/handling charges and wait on something you order online...you can go straight to radioshack and get one that will work just fine (as long as you make a spacer for it). Which is what Im about to go do.
Old 10-06-2006, 01:32 PM   #49
BES admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImagineParadise
heres the low down dude...

BES and others say go buy 2.5 male to 3.5 female adapters somewhere around in this thread (there are links).

Others in here say the best way is to go to radioshack and get a house brand and just make a spacer for the 2.5mm end.

What I mean is that BES and others get mono sound (coming from only one earbud,headphone,etc) if they used the radioshack one.

BUT The other guys on here say all you have to do is play with the connection a little bit by pulling the 2.5mm male connecter out slightly and bam! Stereo sound! I complimented(sp?) that one guy who figured it out. Some others have figured out this trick as well so you dont have to pay for extra shipping/handling charges and wait on something you order online...you can go straight to radioshack and get one that will work just fine (as long as you make a spacer for it). Which is what Im about to go do.
When I had the Radio Shack adapter and pulled the adapter out slightly, it worked as mentioned above, but was prone to falling out easily.

The nice thing about an adapter designed for the 8100, and devices like it, is that it goes all the way into the unit and is unlikely to fall out very easily.

I think it's worth investing in given the potential uses for such an adapter.

...still looking for another adapter which would work on the 8100. Two so far listed in the first couple of posts are working.
Old 10-08-2006, 05:14 AM   #50
Ljay
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8830
Carrier: Verizon

This one from Best Buy is working for me with no modifications(spacer) and with a slimmer profile compared to the radio shack adapter...has mic function...retractable cord...cost 14.99 has anyone else tried this one ?

Ljay
Old 10-08-2006, 10:51 PM   #51
SHP

Model: 8100t
Carrier: TMO
Default Verizon

Verizon sells an adapter for $14.95 that seems to work quite nicely. It's shiny black and silver (i.e. matches the look of the pearl, except for the small "Verizon" logo) and has a built in speaker, volume control and talk button. I'm using it right now with my Sennheiser noice cancelling headset.

Previous: 7100T; BB 6230; BB 6750; Palm V; Newton (really)
Old 10-09-2006, 12:47 AM   #52
seidioseidio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ljay
This one from Best Buy is working for me with no modifications(spacer) and with a slimmer profile compared to the radio shack adapter...has mic function...retractable cord...cost 14.99 has anyone else tried this one ?
http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/1231/adaptorhm0.jpg

Ljay
To work properly with BB 8100 as a "True" stereo audio adaptor, it needs to have a 4 section (three black rings) audio jack. The audio jack on this adaptor only has 3 sections (two black rings).
Old 10-09-2006, 01:58 AM   #53
Ljay

Model: 8830
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by seidioseidio
To work properly with BB 8100 as a "True" stereo audio adaptor, it needs to have a 4 section (three black rings) audio jack. The audio jack on this adaptor only has 3 sections (two black rings).
I thought the same thing. I have yet to try the mic function but I do know that it does provide proper stereo seperation for music and that's why I purchased this adapter.

Ljay
Old 10-10-2006, 09:50 PM   #54
tazeat
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndub33
I haven't gotten a headset yet either, but I have gathered from the feedback here that these are good choices:

Jabra C220
Jabra C120s
Motorola ROKR headset

Prices on the Jabras range from around $15.00-$25.00, with the ROKR coming in a little cheaper. The only difference bewteen the two Jabra headsets is that the C120s is an "in the ear " configuration, while the C220 is "over the ear". Haven't had any luck finding any of these locally (I'm in Seattle), but Amazon and E-Bay carry all three.
Agh I bought the ROKR OEM adapter
eBay: New OEM Motorola 2.5 mm to 3.5 mm stereo audio adapter (item 140037502690 end time Oct-03-06 15:30:43 PDT)
And i cant get it to do anything its like its not even plugged in...

EDIT: @Ljay NO it doesnt I just bought that thing... it is MONO, same thing coming out of both speakers. :(.

Last edited by tazeat; 10-11-2006 at 06:39 AM..
Old 10-12-2006, 01:05 AM   #55
DiGLoW

I just got the Seidio 4 prong 2.5mm --> 3.5mm adapter without the Microphone and it DOES NOT WORK. Do not buy the cheap one! Not even mono -- Like the previous post, it's as if nothing is even plugged in.

BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD
http : // mobile.lockergnome.com/productAccessories.asp?id=7877
BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD
Old 10-12-2006, 01:10 AM   #56
BES admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiGLoW
I just got the Seidio 4 prong 2.5mm --> 3.5mm adapter without the Microphone and it DOES NOT WORK. Do not buy the cheap one! Not even mono -- Like the previous post, it's as if nothing is even plugged in.

BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD
BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD
NO, what you mean is: You didn't read the entire thread and if you did, you ignored the SEIDO rep who specifically said that the adapter you purchased was NOT recomended.

PLEASE don't call a product "BAD" because it doesn't do what it wasn't designed to do.
Old 10-12-2006, 03:05 AM   #57
seidioseidio

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiGLoW

BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD
BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD
The only BB 8100 audio adaptor we released so far is the one with Mic and answer button. This one is specific for BB 8100. It works.

We will release the standard audio adaptor (without Mic and answer button) for BB 8100 soon. This one is also custom designed and made just for BB 8100

Please contact our customer service 832-204-1118 to return the adaptor you purchased.
Old 10-12-2006, 04:28 AM   #58
donovan1983

PIN: 204CE92F

I am using an adapter that I bought over a year ago from a Sprint store for use with an LG phone and found it works great with the 8100. I don't remember the cost, and it came with two really crappy sets of headphones with it. On this adapter you can't use the mute switch since it will cause the sound to come back out of the 8100 itself rather than the headphones. The answer/end button on it will pause the media player. Only drawbacks are the rather long cord it adds and the little piece that houses a volume control, mic, answer/end button, and microphone mute switch.

From this experience I am guessing that any adapter made for Sprint and Verizon (non-smartphone) music phones should work with the 8100 too. The ones made for smartphones like the Treos and Windows Mobile phones will (likely) not work.
Old 10-12-2006, 04:41 AM   #59
pinchao
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900
Carrier: Tmobile

Just ordered a Jabra C220 on amazon.com. Will let you guys know how well it works with pearl once I get it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndub33
I haven't gotten a headset yet either, but I have gathered from the feedback here that these are good choices:

Jabra C220
Jabra C120s
Motorola ROKR headset

Prices on the Jabras range from around $15.00-$25.00, with the ROKR coming in a little cheaper. The only difference bewteen the two Jabra headsets is that the C120s is an "in the ear " configuration, while the C220 is "over the ear". Haven't had any luck finding any of these locally (I'm in Seattle), but Amazon and E-Bay carry all three.
Old 10-12-2006, 01:13 PM   #60
schlmeil

The Seidio Online headset is fantastic! Thanks for much for posting the link. I can't think of anything better that lets me keep my premium headphones while still having microphone capabilities. Great post.
Closed Thread