clearwater

Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: fido

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory Scheuer View Post
your phone,

was it used? if it was then its possible the previous owner of the phone has the BB register still with there old provider, and the PIN and IMEI has to be released before you can register it with Fido...
No. My phone looks brand new and is supposed to be unlock brand new. But the fido.blackberry.com site did not work. What I had to do is to register it on the web directly from the blackberry browser. It then pointed me to the Rogers' site for blackberry and everything went smoothly after that.
Perhaps, fido and rogers have a list of their own PINs. It may only until I got blackberry data plan connect that they could "see" my PIN in the phone would they allow such a connection. They did not even ask for me PIN during the registration in blackberry (guess they did not need that).

After I have setup the account from blackberry, I then login in to fido.blackberry.com without problem. I can see my work email address there too and can set my filter modification.

Thanks.
Daniel
Old 08-21-2007, 03:32 PM   #82
Cory Scheuer
No longer Registered.

Model: 8900
Carrier: None

BlackBerry Internet Service is the site you need to go to register
Old 10-04-2007, 12:56 AM   #83
mammoth_erection

Model: 8310v
Carrier: fido
Default Bb Maps Fido?

I Just Got My Bb Curve (with Gps) Im Wondering. If I Wanted To Use Bb Maps, Do I Have To Down Load It On To My Bb? There Is An Application Called Maps, But Do I Have To Do Anything? Coz When I Look At It Its All Blank. What I Mean Is That Are The Maps Already Pre-installed Or Do You Download Them On Teh Spot From Your Service Provider?

Thanks For Your Help. Trully --mammoth_erection--
Old 10-04-2007, 03:05 AM   #84
Cory Scheuer
No longer Registered.

you need access to the internet, aka BB data package to use the BB maps, which is called MAPS on the BB...

so if you are with fido you need the BB connect option, and it will work
Old 10-06-2007, 11:06 AM   #85
fr0zen
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8310
Carrier: Rogers

I really wish Fido supported BES. I hate carrying two phones.

1 for city fido..
and 1 for rogers BB. I guess rogers will never let them :(
My Feedback
Old 10-13-2007, 05:44 PM   #86
MaxPayne79
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
PIN: 2165f8ed
Carrier: Fido

I have an AT&T 8300 that i bought receanlty from craigslist. Was unlocked and billed as brand new. Now, i just tried to Register it with fido.blackberry.com and it's popping up a message saying that its Registered with another service provider ect. Now, I gathered from searching this forum that i have to get the pin & imei released. My question is, how do i track down which provider its regstered with. Even though the unit is AT&T branded, its unlocked and could have been registered with any us carier that provides blackberrys...if im correct. and two, is there a way to release the pin online, ie. manualy? or check with whom its registered with. (eg. www.AT&T.blackberry.com) Or do i have to call all around the US to find out. I contacted the seller and he doesnt know. Thanx for any help u guys provide.

Last edited by MaxPayne79; 10-13-2007 at 05:56 PM..
Old 10-13-2007, 06:05 PM   #87
dicin
Thumbs Must Hurt

The seller must know where it was registered! Once released it is as simple as 1 2 3 to setup with Fido BIS.

Call the guy back!

Last edited by dicin; 10-13-2007 at 06:10 PM..
Old 10-13-2007, 09:37 PM   #88
MaxPayne79
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
PIN: 2165f8ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by dicin View Post
The seller must know where it was registered! Once released it is as simple as 1 2 3 to setup with Fido BIS.

Call the guy back!
IF i call up at&t and say, that in fact it is registered with them, is there gonna be a problem to release it?
Old 10-14-2007, 04:22 PM   #89
Ricky_st

Model: 8310
Carrier: FIDO

Quote:
Originally Posted by shayun View Post
Thanks for trying to help. I resent the service books, but that didn't do anything. I will have to wait until tomorrow to call Fido and have them disconnect and reconnect my service for BB connect. If that doesn't work, I'll let you know
Hi, it may be sound really obvious but it happened to me once and I just turned off and on the phone again and the data/mails acc/browser were there again!!.

I have a BB 8310 unlocked.

I had a monthly voice plan with FIDO and just got the BB connect plan. As many users comments here, I was told that maybe the data plan would not work correctly, but in about an hour or so I began to receive the personal emails account set up, the browser and BB maps on the device.

But then like two days ago they dissapeared!!, so I turned off and on the BB and everything was working again.

And yes, I am very upset about not having an unlimited data plan like the ones in the US. Went to Rogers to ask about plans and they treated me like they were the only company on Canada to sell the BB connect. Really, they were so arrogant telling me I had to sign a three year contract to have the data and voice plans!.

Regards.

Rick.
Old 10-29-2007, 05:01 PM   #90
dishoom

Model: 8300
Default Not yet Connected

I went to the fido.blackberry site and entered the info but it said

"This Blackberry is registered with a different service provider. Please re-register this blackberry and verify the URL matches the one provided by your service provider."

The device i have is a BB curve from rogers but it is unlocked and never used on the rogers network, so do you know what the problem could be or what i can do to get connected. Is it that i have to wait for Fido to acctually have the BB connect working on my account, because it has only been about 15 mins since i had called them to add it
Old 10-29-2007, 09:21 PM   #91
Cory Scheuer
No longer Registered.

that could be one reason as to why its not working right away, if after 2 hours it still doesnt work then you have to call rogers and have them release the PIN and IMEI of the BB for you to register it on fido
Old 12-03-2007, 08:42 AM   #92
BTMG

Model: 8320
Default Blackberry plans from the USA

Im wondering if it is at all possible to subscribe to a US carrier for DAta and have a Rogers contract here for phone? I would not mind paying a USA company if it can work.
Old 12-03-2007, 10:42 AM   #93
Cory Scheuer
No longer Registered.

NO! explain to me why you think it would work... the carriers give out SIM card, those SIM card are specific to that company, tmobile will not be able to register a rogers SIM in there systems...
Old 02-12-2008, 07:28 PM   #94
a1websolutions

Model: 7290

Hello!

I have an unlocked 7290 that I bought on ebay ... while talking to a Fido associate a couple weeks ago, he informed me that yes indeed I can have my unlocked phone work on the FIDO PAY-AS-YOU-GO plans ...

At the time I talked to him, my phone was being repaired, so I did not have it handy to make sure the settings to access the web were correct.

Fast forward to today ... I have the phone, and when I call Fido, the 4 separate TOOLS who answered my call would not offer me any information at all because "I did not buy my phone from FIDO, so FIDO is losing money from me!!" (verbatim quote)

Well WTF?!? If I get pissed off and switch my phone to any other carrier, they will stand to lose much more money than the couple dollars because I did not by my BB from them ...

I have tried to self service my way through the setup via this forum and a few others, bu when I go to fido.blackberry.com and enter my PIN and IMEI, and go to the next screen (choosing username and password), no matter what I enter here, It comes back with a prompt "the system encountered an error"

Can somebody please advise me??

Thanking you in advanced

A1W
Old 06-23-2008, 02:16 PM   #95
dejan2102

Carrier: FIDO
Default unlocked Pearl

[QUOTE=znino;487810]Hey Scanido...
Where did you get your unlocked Pearl?
QUOTE]

on TigerDirect.ca
However, it seems that it is not completly unlocked.
My pin is registered with another provider.

I hope I will be able to get it unregistered and tranfered to me through BlackBerry.
Old 07-14-2008, 06:46 PM   #96
bigmacjc

Model: 8300
Default Fido Blackberry Internet Service

I have the service and it works fine for my needs. However, a friend of mine just got a 8310 unlocked and was told Fido no longer offers "blackberry Internet Service". Does anyone know why and if there is a plan in the future to add this as a service with Fido.
Old 08-05-2008, 09:48 AM   #97
Yummy BlackBerry

Model: none

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmacjc View Post
I have the service and it works fine for my needs. However, a friend of mine just got a 8310 unlocked and was told Fido no longer offers "blackberry Internet Service". Does anyone know why and if there is a plan in the future to add this as a service with Fido.

I was told the same thing too when I called Fido. But I also heard from a friend it is still possible. Can someone verify that with me? I have City Fido and would love to have a blackberry with it.
Closed Thread