Old 09-22-2009, 02:04 PM   #1
kenchau

Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers
Default Birthdays don't show up on Today Screen

Please Login to Remove!

Hi,

I'm new to BlackBerry - been using it for about a month, but only starting to use the Calendar feature.

Just switched myself to the "Today" theme and was wondering why Birthdays do not show up on the Today screen. I'm entering the birthdays into the contact profile on BlackBerry address book and by default they create an all day entry.

I've been reading through a tonne of "calendar" threads and did find a thread about all day events not showing up on the Today screen (can't post links, since I'm newly registered and under 10 post counts), which explains why I'm not seeing Birthdays on mine. But that thread is closed - so I can't reply to it.

Sure, I know people like to suggest not creating it as an all day event, but in the case of birthdays being entered into the address book, they get created automatically as all day events. I'm not going to then go into every birthday entry on my calendar and edit them to change them to a non-all day event - that would be quite manual and would take quite some time.

Anybody have any suggestions - is there no other way? Are there any free themes that anyone knows of that displays all day events and even more than a measely TWO lines?

IMO, lots of improvement could be made for such a lacking Calendar function of such a popular smartphone device.
Old 09-23-2009, 07:03 PM   #2
titetanium
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320
PIN: Up
Carrier: t-mobile

Wirelessly posted

I ran into this problem too. A good workaround is to create birthdays and the like going from 12 am to 12 am the next day. That's 24 hrs and it will show on the today screen if set like that instead of being marked as an all day event.
Old 09-23-2009, 11:57 PM   #3
barbwyr
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8310
Carrier: AT&T

No there is no way around it. I have about a hundred birthdays in my contacts and I manually changed them. It's not that big a deal. And if you have Outlook on your computer, it's even faster.

12am to 12am might be a problem as you are now spanning 2 days. 8-830am is the best. It puts them first on your calender usually.
Closed Thread