BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2005, 10:58 PM   #1
aaadams

Model: 8800
Carrier: Cingular
Default eOffice/eFile - Problems converting Word Documents

Please Login to Remove!

Is anyone else having problems converting Word documents with the latest version of eFile (included as part of the eOffice update) - version 3.200.005? I went back to version 3.100.20 and eFile Word document conversion works ok on that version. All other document types convert fine(Excel, PowerPoint, PDF). Also, there does not seems to be problem syncing Word documents that I already had setup. The problem only happens when I try to move a new Word document from the PC to the Blackberry device via eFile. I have tried deleting the application (both PC and Blackberry), a complete re-load of the Blackberry, etc. Nothing seems to help.

This is not a slam against Dynoplex or their support. They have been very helpful in working with me to try and resolve my isssue (thanks to the support team for the continued efforts). I am just trying to get a quick idea if this is unique to my setup/configuration or if others are experiencing the problem.

To test - after you have upgraded try to move a Word document from your PC to the Blackberry device using eFile. I get a "Error Converting files" message and either it puts a zero length file on my Blackberry or the application just hangs (even after clicking ok and Cancel) and I must kill it with the Task Manager. I am running on Windows 2000, Desktop Software 4.1.0.8 and I have 8700c Blackberry.

I really like (and use) this application. If it is unique to my setup that may take the support team in a different direction versus if other people are also seeing the problem.

Thanks in advance for any comments/help you can provide.
Old 01-01-2006, 08:02 PM   #2
Silentknight
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7250
Carrier: Earthlink

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaadams
Is anyone else having problems converting Word documents with the latest version of eFile (included as part of the eOffice update) - version 3.200.005?.....
Yep. I feel your pain. At least you have an old version to revert back to. I am using the trial version, and still, the exact same thing happens to me. Unfortunately, it happens to me with Word AND Excel files. PDF and JPEG files convert flawlessly. In addition, synchronization hangs up whenever I try to transfer the PDF and JPEG files to the Blackberry. The files transfer, but the application hangs. There are other issues as well, and I have contacted Dynoplex support to try to resolve them. So far...no luck. It's frustrating, because eOffice has all of the features that I need.

Maybe I'll ask them to send me a trial version of 3.10.

I am using a BB 7250 with Earthlink (Verizon). Hopefully, I can get this program to work. I am sort of ticked that the problems prevented me from ordering the software during the December 30% off sale!

By the way, have you seen any reviews of the Dynoplex software anywhere on the Internet? I have Googled, but to no avail......

Ciao
Old 01-02-2006, 08:09 PM   #3
aaadams

Model: 8800
Carrier: Cingular

Silentknight:

No I had not seen any reviews - just comments on this forum. The application was slow on my old 7290. But on the 8700 it ran fairly quickly. On the 7290 I did not have any problems. Since moving to the 8700 I have run into 3 serious issues (i.e, eZcase did not work initially, the problem I am asking about and eWorks (Outlook like application) just hangs with the new version). I am also working with their support team. Hopefully they will get this worked out soon.
Old 01-03-2006, 12:33 AM   #4
sergeyd
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8100
Carrier: tmobile

First of all wanted to say thank you for hanging in with us to resolve these two issues. Silentknight - if you were not able to get the discount because of them and contacted us when the discount offer was active - I will make sure the discount time period will be extended for you.

On the issues - we have a record of several people running across the problems starting eWorks and converting MS Word documents. We're trying to understand what is common amonst them and come up with a fix. Might take a bit of time, unfortunately, since 99.9% of people are working just fine with this new version. So again, please hang in there.

As far as reviews, I have seen one a while back on blackberrycool.com - they reviewed an older version and mentioned small fonts on 7100 devices. In 3.200 version we added support for modifiable fonts.
BlackBerry Handhelds
Old 01-03-2006, 06:41 AM   #5
RoadRider
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8310
Carrier: ATT

Can you modify the fonts used in eWorks? On my 8700c, the defaults used are barely readable. Also, when viewing a pdf file, the font was unusable.
Old 01-03-2006, 06:45 AM   #6
sergeyd

Yes, in version 3.200 you can do that. Upgrades from previous versions are free.
BlackBerry Handhelds
Old 01-04-2006, 07:40 AM   #7
RoadRider
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergeyd
Yes, in version 3.200 you can do that. Upgrades from previous versions are free.
Thanks. Upgraded and now the font sizes are great. But, ran into another problem viewing pdfs that did not occur in the previous version. Have emailed your support for help.
Old 01-04-2006, 12:05 PM   #8
sergeyd

We will take a look at the PDF issue, thanks.
BlackBerry Handhelds
Old 01-05-2006, 05:34 AM   #9
Silentknight

Quote:
Silentknight - if you were not able to get the discount because of them and contacted us when the discount offer was active - I will make sure the discount time period will be extended for you...
Hi Sergey - if the issues are resolved, I'll definitely take you up on your offer. Thanks.
Old 01-05-2006, 05:40 AM   #10
Silentknight

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadRider
Thanks. Upgraded and now the font sizes are great. But, ran into another problem viewing pdfs that did not occur in the previous version. Have emailed your support for help.
RoadRider - does the pdf problem you mentioned have anything to do with formatting on the screen? I've noted that when viewing a pdf file using the built-in Blackberry attachment viewer, the text is formatted perfectly for the screen. But viewing the same pdf files in eFile is virtually unreadable - the text does not all fit on the screen. Curious.......
Old 01-05-2006, 06:25 AM   #11
RoadRider
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silentknight
RoadRider - does the pdf problem you mentioned have anything to do with formatting on the screen? I've noted that when viewing a pdf file using the built-in Blackberry attachment viewer, the text is formatted perfectly for the screen. But viewing the same pdf files in eFile is virtually unreadable - the text does not all fit on the screen. Curious.......
With ver 3.2, the font is now readable. Depending on the pdf you are viewing, a lot of horizontal scrolling may be needed. This is because they are preserving the doc formatting, unlike the built-in viewer. My problems ( a few posts earlier) were due to an upgrade install that didn't go well. A complete uninstall/re-install took care of it. 3.2 is much more viewable. Now I'm struggling with other attachment issues, but these may be my lack of expereience with the product yet. We'll see....

Last edited by RoadRider; 01-05-2006 at 06:28 AM..
Old 01-05-2006, 11:37 AM   #12
sergeyd

Get me your support ticket number and I will update the case notes to make sure you get the discount.
BlackBerry Handhelds
Old 01-05-2006, 03:40 PM   #13
Silentknight

Quote:
Get me your support ticket number and I will update the case notes to make sure you get the discount.
Done. You've got mail. Thanks.
Old 01-05-2006, 03:57 PM   #14
sergeyd

Got it, thanks.
BlackBerry Handhelds
Old 01-06-2006, 05:38 PM   #15
LilMikey

Model: 7520
Carrier: Telus

Had the same issue when converting word docments, but the support team sent me a new WordConvertor.dll and that seemed to fix the issue, although my 7 day trial has since expired. Gotta see if it can be reset since I Downloaded the trial 2 weeks ago and had this issue from the beginning
Old 01-07-2006, 01:22 AM   #16
sergeyd

Sure, we can reset it I think our support aleady done that, please let me know if you still have issues.
BlackBerry Handhelds
Old 02-12-2006, 11:01 AM   #17
asianmaze
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9520
Carrier: Tmobile

I'm getting the same issue when converting Word documents. Is there a fix now?

"There is something about jumping a horse over a fence, something that makes you feel good." William Faulkner
Old 02-12-2006, 11:26 AM   #18
sergeyd

Yes, the fix is available - contact [email address] for the patch. We're planning to post a version with the fix to the web site this week as well.
BlackBerry Handhelds
Old 02-12-2006, 04:42 PM   #19
asianmaze
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9520
Carrier: Tmobile

Thanks very much - have received the patch and am now trying to get installed. Great service from you and your people - very impressive

"There is something about jumping a horse over a fence, something that makes you feel good." William Faulkner
Old 02-12-2006, 11:07 PM   #20
noochs

Model: 7100i
Default Need for these suite of products

I am having a hard time understanding the need for the eoffice suite of products if you already have the "builtin" viewer for word and pdf files as well as excel? Is there some sort of added benefit? Better Formatting? I am not knocking the product, just curious before I install a test version? Why would you want to use there outlook like product instead of the built in email client and calendar that comes with the blackberry os?
Closed Thread