Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2009, 08:21 PM   #1
whsbuss
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9800
Carrier: AT&T
Default Yahoo BIS 2-way Sync

Please Login to Remove!

I've noticed today many delayed (by hours) email delivery from Yahoo to my bold. So I deleted and re-added the account via BIS. Now I noticed read/delete sync from the BB to Yahoo takes a few minutes and reads/deletes from Yahoo to the BB never happens!!

Ever since BIS 2.6 Yahoo has become very unstable.
Old 05-05-2009, 08:51 PM   #2
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Wirelessly posted (8820)

The delete sync has never worked consistantly for me. I do the usual tricks to fix but shortly it stops working again.

Haven't noticed any delivery delays lately.
Old 05-05-2009, 09:18 PM   #3
JGrauman
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon

the delays have been happening to me for a week or two. been resending my service books, fixes it for a day or two. never been able to delete from yahoo and remove from BB consistently.
Old 05-06-2009, 03:58 AM   #4
walds11
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 3GS
Carrier: at&t

Same here. There must be something up with BIS lately. It usually works like a snap for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGrauman View Post
the delays have been happening to me for a week or two. been resending my service books, fixes it for a day or two. never been able to delete from yahoo and remove from BB consistently.
Old 05-06-2009, 05:52 AM   #5
whsbuss

There was a time where Yahoo mail on the BB was solid. Syncing and delivery was immediate. I would hope the next BIS update fixes these inconsistencies. Its very annoying.
Old 05-06-2009, 05:57 AM   #6
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

I think you are right, though I can't remember exactly when that was. It wasn't for long as far as I remember. I do recall, and I know you do too, that everyone has had different experiences, even people on the same carrier at the same time. I've just given up on it.
Old 05-06-2009, 07:48 AM   #7
whsbuss

Quote:
Originally Posted by aiharkness View Post
I think you are right, though I can't remember exactly when that was. It wasn't for long as far as I remember. I do recall, and I know you do too, that everyone has had different experiences, even people on the same carrier at the same time. I've just given up on it.
I can sure agree with this assessment.
Old 05-06-2009, 05:05 PM   #8
RedVR6
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8310

Used to work great. Since this 2.6 announcement it has been atrocious. You get what you pay for with Yahoo I guess. But still...if it is advertised to be 2 way...or however RIM flaunts it. It ought to work. End of story.

Today has been a joke.
Old 05-06-2009, 06:33 PM   #9
findmory

Model: 9000

glad to see others are having problems. well.. that came out weird. sorry you guys are having problems too, but at least we're all in the same boat. i only noticed the problems today. Usually 2-way push / delete / sync of Yahoo mail on BB Bold 4.6.0.247 is flawless. practically instant push and deletions and marking read on BB update to server within a few seconds. Today push has been fine, but no updates from server (marked read / deleted) AT ALL and no updates from BB to server either. What a mess. I'd be better off with my own IMAP email than the way this has been working today. Anyone else on .247 as well? Maybe I should roll back to .167 (or whatever the latest ATT release is)? THoughts?
Old 05-06-2009, 06:42 PM   #10
RedVR6
Thumbs Must Hurt

Wirelessly posted

It is not the OS. There is something screwy on Yahoo's end I think.
Old 05-06-2009, 06:47 PM   #11
JGrauman
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedVR6 View Post
Wirelessly posted

It is not the OS. There is something screwy on Yahoo's end I think.
Not sure, but my yahoo comes through just fine, i'll check my inbox from my computer and i'll have emails, a few hours later my BB updates
Old 05-07-2009, 08:19 AM   #12
whsbuss

Well today is not any better. Push is very inconsistent (long delays). It's not the blackberry OS but the BIS interface between Yahoo and RIM. Since this started being a problem since the 2.6 update I wonder if RIM/Yahoo even know there are issues...... some days being worse than others but no where near what it was a few months ago.
Old 05-07-2009, 08:39 AM   #13
RedVR6
Thumbs Must Hurt

Yep...today it is the same routine here too. Delays, emails not syncing properly (deletes/reads). It is almost as if a setting has changed...seems it is kinda like GMail with RIM. One way sync....

I personally do not think either RIM or Yahoo are aware of any issue (and I wonder if either even cares, to be honest). If things were monitored properly, we would not be having this discussion. God forbid this happens in my workplace with our BES. Yikes...feces fly!

Not to whine about this all...as I have said in the past...you get what you pay for with a free Yahoo Mail acc't (myself)...but I find it hard to believe that we (in this thread) are the only ones seeing this issue, aside from a handful of people on Crackberry. One can run thru the usual troubleshooting of deleting the BIS acc't, resending svc. books, battery pulls, yadda yadda....that is not helping and should not be necessary every time there is a Yahoo issue. RIM ought to be on top of things if we are paying for their services.

Anyway...moving on.

(I wish Gmail would just go 2-way sync and I could dump my Yahoo acc't in a minute. )
Old 05-07-2009, 09:43 AM   #14
whsbuss

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedVR6 View Post
Yep...today it is the same routine here too. Delays, emails not syncing properly (deletes/reads). It is almost as if a setting has changed...seems it is kinda like GMail with RIM. One way sync....

I personally do not think either RIM or Yahoo are aware of any issue (and I wonder if either even cares, to be honest). If things were monitored properly, we would not be having this discussion. God forbid this happens in my workplace with our BES. Yikes...feces fly!

Not to whine about this all...as I have said in the past...you get what you pay for with a free Yahoo Mail acc't (myself)...but I find it hard to believe that we (in this thread) are the only ones seeing this issue, aside from a handful of people on Crackberry. One can run thru the usual troubleshooting of deleting the BIS acc't, resending svc. books, battery pulls, yadda yadda....that is not helping and should not be necessary every time there is a Yahoo issue. RIM ought to be on top of things if we are paying for their services.

Anyway...moving on.

(I wish Gmail would just go 2-way sync and I could dump my Yahoo acc't in a minute. )
All excellent points. However there are some who pay $19 for Yahoo Plus so it's not all about free email like Gmail. If I were paying for Yahoo I sure would be having someone there investigate all of this. Rumors are BIS 2.7 will implement 2-way sync for Gmail but I'll believe it when/if it happens.
Old 05-07-2009, 10:39 AM   #15
RedVR6
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by whsbuss View Post
All excellent points. However there are some who pay $19 for Yahoo Plus so it's not all about free email like Gmail. If I were paying for Yahoo I sure would be having someone there investigate all of this. Rumors are BIS 2.7 will implement 2-way sync for Gmail but I'll believe it when/if it happens.
I agree (and that was my point that I should not be complaining )... I am more than willing to pay ~$20 for a "Plus" account...but that is not going to help out with this situation, "Plus" users are being affected too (my co-worker on VZW). Do you get add'l support I wonder?
Old 05-07-2009, 11:57 AM   #16
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Wirelessly posted (8820)

Just as an aside, I started using a windows live (@live.com) email address for some things. Maybe y'all know this but I didn't, email delivery is instantaneous just as yahoo is supposed to be and blackberry.com email is. Looks like there is one-way sync of read email also. Just FWIW to anyone who could benefit.
Old 05-07-2009, 02:52 PM   #17
whsbuss

Quote:
Wirelessly posted (8820)

Just as an aside, I started using a windows live (@live.com) email address for some things. Maybe y'all know this but I didn't, email delivery is instantaneous just as yahoo is supposed to be and blackberry.com email is. Looks like there is one-way sync of read email also. Just FWIW to anyone who could benefit.
Thanks but it's the 2-way sync of Yahoo on the blackberry that is very desirable when managing emails.
Old 05-07-2009, 03:24 PM   #18
walds11
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 3GS
Carrier: at&t

I have noticed delays since the last week or so in receiving and syncing of my yahoo email. Something is definitely up. This blows!!!
Old 05-07-2009, 03:41 PM   #19
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Wirelessly posted (8820)

Quote:
Originally Posted by whsbuss
Quote:
Wirelessly posted (8820)

Thanks but it's the 2-way sync of Yahoo on the blackberry that is very desirable when managing emails.
Understood. That's why I led off with the as-an-aside. It was just a thought given the delays some are experiencing. I agree the sync is important, but that's pretty much never worked (though I'm surprised it seems to have worked for others for any significant amount of time).
Old 05-07-2009, 07:06 PM   #20
whsbuss

Quote:
Wirelessly posted (8820)

Understood. That's why I led off with the as-an-aside. It was just a thought given the delays some are experiencing. I agree the sync is important, but that's pretty much never worked (though I'm surprised it seems to have worked for others for any significant amount of time).
The 2-way sync did work pretty well (for me) before the BIS upgrade. It's great to manage email online and have it reflect on the blackberry, similar to BES.
Closed Thread