Old 08-26-2008, 09:46 AM   #1
c0lbey

Model: 8110
PIN: N/A
Carrier: vodafone
Default One way calendar sync

Please Login to Remove!

Hi

I have just started administering a BES and after 24 hours of tearing my hair out I am unable to fix this problem, which seams to be quite comman.

Using this forum (which is great thanks) I have managed to set up a number of users with their blackberry and BES (no thanks to the carrier!). But every single one is having the same problem.

Everything syncs, but the BlackBerry to Exchange calendar. Exchange to BlackBerry works fine but not the other way around.
  • I am running one server with small business server 2003 and BES on it, this means that the the cdo.dll being a mismatch is not the issue as they are on the same server.
  • The blackberry devices have the wireless sync for the calendar switched on.
  • Within the Exchange manager I have made sure that the Bes admin account has the correct allow permissions for 'administer infomation store', 'send as' and 'recieve as'. (Also have the allow for 'Read'. 'Execute', 'Read permissions', 'List contents', 'Read properties', 'List object' and 'View information store status' anything else?)
  • I found one article telling me that BlackBerry services should be running as the BES admin? On the Exchange manager I have 2 users under the delegation option. One has the role of Exchange View Only Administrator and the other has Exchange Full Administrator. It is the second that is running the services.

I apologise for the lack of information or any confusion and if this is a repost. If anyone can shed some light on this I would appreciate it.

Thanks

noobie bes admin
Old 08-27-2008, 02:43 AM   #2
c0lbey

update :

I have been looking at some more posts and have found an issue regarding the cdo.dll located in and the mapi32.dll files, located at C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\bin. Both versions are - 6.5.7226.0. Though the blackberry kb states that the cdo.dll should be - 6.5.6980.3.

Although I have seen posts stating that its fine if its the same of higher its fine. Doesn't seem to be alot of people running the exchange and bes on the same box :(

Thanks
Old 08-27-2008, 06:15 AM   #3
gibson_hg
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: NA
PIN: 80081ES
Carrier: NA

Not sure if you seen the part of the article that states that Administrator accounts break the Calendar. That is your issue.

As long as the BES it as the same version or higher cdo.dll then Exchange that's fine. It's only an issue when cdo.dll is lower on the BES.

The issue is that you are running the BES as an admin account.

Follow this KB to create and switch the BES to run as BESAdmin:

BlackBerry Search Results

Make sure to follow the article, the only step should need to skip is the SQL Server one. I am assuming that you are running MSDE. Ask any questions if you are unsure about something.
Old 08-27-2008, 08:20 AM   #4
c0lbey

Hi Gibson

Thanks for the reply.

I completed all the steps, unfortunately now now there is no sync between the devices and the BES and when trying to send from the bb device i get bounce backs stating -

"This is the mail system at host mailrouter2106.mail2.blackberry.
I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could not be delivered to one or more recipients. It's attached below.
For further assistance, please send mail to postmaster.
If you do so, please include this problem report. You can delete your own text from the attached returned message.
The mail system
<network@etp2102.etp.eu.blackberry.net>: mail transport unavailable"

Any ideas?
Old 08-27-2008, 08:51 AM   #5
gibson_hg

If you ge those network@etp messages when sending then you have somehow setup Desktop Redirector.

Did you install the Desktop Manager software? If so, what option did you use when you installed it? If you go to options>Service Book and view the Desktop[CMIME] service book you should see the SRP of your BES. If you see your email address then you did indeed install Desktop Redirector.

Did all of your BES services start? Are there any errors in the application log for the Dispatcher, Controller or Messaging Agent?

Are now logged in as the BESAdmin?
Old 08-27-2008, 09:02 AM   #6
c0lbey

Hi gibson

The services seem to have started but the event log is showing 'unable to start' so I am going to reset the box.

There is a service called Blackberry MDS connection service which i did not change to the new besadmin account. Should this also be changed?
Old 08-27-2008, 09:09 AM   #7
gibson_hg

Any service that is set to local system should not be changed. Any service that is set login as your old account should be changed.

If you are getting errors on any BES service search BlackBerry Technical Solution Center or post the error here.
Old 08-27-2008, 09:36 AM   #8
c0lbey

App: E 'Wed Aug 27 15:03:50 2008': BlackBerry Messaging Agent ACT-DUN-SBS Agent 1 - " BlackBerry Messaging
Agent ACT-DUN-SBS Agent 1 failed to start. Error code 5302 "

Is the error that I am getting. I am able to send a PIN message from the BES to the device but the Last Contact Time was 3 hours ago.

I want to reboot unfortunately the server should not be turned off during the day so looks like im going to have a busy night.

I will give you and update once ive been able to restart.
Old 08-27-2008, 09:51 AM   #9
gibson_hg

5302 means that you missed a reg key more than likely or that the name of the reg key is wrong.

Look a this article:

BlackBerry Search Results

Check the reg keys in the article and make sure they exist and contain the right data.
Old 08-27-2008, 11:02 AM   #10
c0lbey

Gibson your a legend.

Worked through the KB and what you've said. Everything is now working perfectly with calendar sync both ways.

Def something i wont forget in a hurry.

My thanks, if your ever in Scotland then i owe you a pint or two!
Old 08-27-2008, 11:13 AM   #11
gibson_hg

No prob at all, glad to help. If I ever go to Scotland I'll be sure to let you know
Closed Thread