Old 05-18-2006, 09:53 PM   #1
jmcmullen
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8310
PIN: 206527C9
Carrier: Rogers Wireless
Default Downloading Pictures

Please Login to Remove!

I was just wondering if there is a way to download pictures that I have saved on my blackberry to my computer.. I have tried looking around but I haven't managed to find a way yet... any help would be great... thanks..

John
Old 05-19-2006, 06:40 AM   #2
rcbjr
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8700

Not directly, but you could get them. Do a search of the Forums for JL_Cmder, it has a screen capture function. Several of the posters and Mods have links to download it in there Signatures. Download it to your PC. Then open each Picture and capture the screen shot. Save that to a file. There are a couple of threads here tha will give directions for doing the screen shot, but it's pretty straight forward.

Hope this helps.
Rcbjr
Old 05-19-2006, 06:54 AM   #3
JerryD
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcmullen
I was just wondering if there is a way to download pictures that I have saved on my blackberry to my computer.. I have tried looking around but I haven't managed to find a way yet... any help would be great... thanks..

John
Once pictures are in the Pictures app, the ONLY things you can do with them is to set them as your background, or send them to another Blackberry Messenger user - who can only save them to the Pictures app.

They are not even backed up by the Desktop Manager Backup/Restore app.

I email myself pictures I want on my Blackberry, open the attachments within the Messages app (to pull the picture down to the Berry), and then save the MESSAGE which also saves the pictures. If I want to set one as a background - or have it available in the Pictures app, I save it when viewing it in Messages.

If you're on a BES using OTA, they will be restored after a Wipe, and of course can be saved and restored using the Desktop Manager's Backup / Restore applet. I'm pretty sure if you restore ONLY Saved Messages using the applet, it won't clear messages currently on the device - only those marked as Saved, but I can't swear to that!
--------------------------------------------------------
Update - although you can't transfer them to a computer, you can backup and restore MP3's (Ring tones) and Pictures. They are held in the Content Store on Desktop Manager 4.1's Backup / Restore applet.

J

Last edited by JerryD; 09-07-2006 at 02:35 PM..
Old 05-19-2006, 07:58 AM   #4
alphasports
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9800
Carrier: Rogers (CAN) / A1 (AUT) / Swisscom (SUI) / T-Mobile (USA)

Actually you CAN backup your device's content via the desktop software. Connect your device, select Backup/Restore, then choose "Advanced". The list on the left is what is on your device: all photos, ringtones etc are stored in the file called "Content Store". You cannot break them out into individual files unfortunately, but if you wanted copies you could then restore that Content file to the BB simulator in the Developer's Kit, then do a PrintScreen from your PC to get a copy of the image (you'd have to crop the image afterwards). A bit complicated but it depends on how bad you want the data!
Closed Thread