BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 12-18-2008, 02:30 PM   #41
Bamellis
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9850
Carrier: Sprint

Please Login to Remove!

Nope, everyone I've talked to has told me I sound clearer.
Old 12-18-2008, 02:40 PM   #42
blackmage
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: Storm
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamellis View Post
According to the help feature on the phone I can stop the call & DC logging in my messages. It says to go to menu then options then call logging. Unfortunately I don't see call logging on the list anywhere. Can someone look and confirm whether or not I am blind??
Hit the green talk button, this takes you to the phone menu, hit the bb menu buttion, go to options, call log ........

Something to note, Nextels that are pushing their call data (DC# & cell) are apparantly still showing up in the messages b/c this is essentally a message w/ an attachment. (I think)
Old 12-18-2008, 04:37 PM   #43
Bamellis
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackmage View Post
Hit the green talk button, this takes you to the phone menu, hit the bb menu buttion, go to options, call log ........

Something to note, Nextels that are pushing their call data (DC# & cell) are apparantly still showing up in the messages b/c this is essentally a message w/ an attachment. (I think)
THANK YOU!!!!
Old 12-18-2008, 05:48 PM   #44
Bamellis
Thumbs Must Hurt

I changed that so it don't log any calls or DC and DC'd my mom. It didn't leave anything in my messages but she must have been away from her phone. A while later she DC'd me and there are messages in my mailbox again... there has to be another way to stop them.
Old 12-18-2008, 11:01 PM   #45
Tritan
CrackBerry Addict

Model: ?
Carrier: Nextel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamellis View Post
Nope, everyone I've talked to has told me I sound clearer.
same here.
Old 12-18-2008, 11:20 PM   #46
avm117

Model: 8350
PIN: N/A
Carrier: nextel

ok plese, someone,
walk with me step thropugh step with fixing my darn txt msging. i've already spoken to the rep like twice already & it works for a bit & then messes up. please walk me through this :]
Old 12-18-2008, 11:23 PM   #47
avm117

what exactly is this "BIS"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisambo View Post
to those of you who has problems with MMS, have you sent your Service Books from BIS since switching over to the 8350i?

I just flopped over 3 users from 7100i and no problems whatsoever with the devices . . . funny thing was that I had more problems trying to explain to the users how to get things done with the new device . . .
Old 12-18-2008, 11:29 PM   #48
avm117

i'm having this EXACT same problem.
di you get yours fixed? if so how?

please help :]]
Quote:
Originally Posted by face_down View Post
Well....I now can not receive any text messages at all, either SMS or MMS. I can send them all day long, but cant receive. If I can get that fixed and the annoying DC info messages...all will be golden. Even w/ this stuff I LOVE THIS PHONE. I have never been a "fancy" phone guy....but I am now!
Old 12-19-2008, 10:17 AM   #49
daxifus

Model: 8350i

Is anyone else having problems viewing YouTube videos? Any video I try to view is very choppy and is essentially un-viewable. I have sent in two bug reports dealing with this. BTW, this is trying to view on non-WIFI.

ALSO - Does anybody know if the 16GB Micro SDHC cards will work in the phone? Everywhere that carries the SDHC cards says to check with the device mfg to see if they are compatible with the SDHC cards. I don't want to spend $50 on a card and not be able to use it.

Thanks guys!

BTW, no other issues than these - a great phone!
Old 12-19-2008, 10:20 AM   #50
daxifus

Quote:
Originally Posted by avm117 View Post

Try deleting your service books and reinstalling them - that got me going after I was having this problem initially.
Old 12-19-2008, 11:19 AM   #51
avm117

ok, so i delete the service books, but how & where do i retrieve them back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by daxifus View Post
Try deleting your service books and reinstalling them - that got me going after I was having this problem initially.
Old 12-19-2008, 01:42 PM   #52
lawden

Default Me 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by avm117 View Post

I spent 3 hours on the phone today with advanced tech support over this same issue. I can send text mssgs but cannont receive ANY text mssgs at all. My email feature works, but the text mssg does not. They had me do the service book delete and reinstall and it worked for a short period of time, but eventually went back to not receiving any. I also reset the master radio, removed the battery a few times, removed and reinstalled my data plan, and other things. Nothing has provided a permanent fix. Don't know what the problem is. It seems that I have to manually log into the Host Table every time I turn my phone on. The phone does not automatically log into the host table when I turn it on. Don't know why, but I can't believe that a Blackberry is having these text issues. BTW, she said my call was the first she had received on this issue. She said my next step is a tier 3 level support. I was going to demand a new phone, but if other people are experiencing the same problem, it might not do me any good to replace it. I am becoming VERY frustrated.

Last edited by lawden; 12-19-2008 at 01:49 PM..
Old 12-19-2008, 02:48 PM   #53
Bamellis
Thumbs Must Hurt

When I had trouble texting I figured it out right away by going to menu, then options, down to MMS then make sure Automatic retrieval says "always". Did that not work for you?

Of course, I still have the Direct Connect calls showing up in my mailbox. I don't like that at all.
Old 12-19-2008, 02:53 PM   #54
Bamellis
Thumbs Must Hurt

As for the YouTube videos. I can only watch them when I am where there is a wi-fi connection. I kinda expected that though because for ages I lived in an area where the only internet I could get was dial up and watching YouTube videos was all choppy and took forever on a computer. I think downloading them with a normal cell phone signal would be very similar so the only time I try is when I have a wi fi connection.
Old 12-19-2008, 03:46 PM   #55
JackG058
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8330
PIN: ney for your thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritan View Post
I created a sprint blackberry email address last night . Today I go to log in to my BIS account and on my computer and I can't get in. What the heck. so i click create account and put in the PIN and IMEI numbers and it states there is a acct created already for these numbers. For the life of me I can't figure out what the username and password is.

Is it your email address or what?
I had a similar issue when I purchased my new Curve. I was getting the account already created, duplicate user name, etc. on the BlackBerry site. Didn't get any real help from either the official site or from Sprint. I don't know why this worked for me, but I found the diagnostic feature on the phone and ran it. When it finished, I tried again to register my device and it worked. Haven't had that issue since. I'm just guessing running diags reset something in my device. I know I saw diags make connection attempts to the BIS servers.
Old 12-19-2008, 06:11 PM   #56
avm117

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawden View Post
I spent 3 hours on the phone today with advanced tech support over this same issue. I can send text mssgs but cannont receive ANY text mssgs at all. My email feature works, but the text mssg does not. They had me do the service book delete and reinstall and it worked for a short period of time, but eventually went back to not receiving any. I also reset the master radio, removed the battery a few times, removed and reinstalled my data plan, and other things. Nothing has provided a permanent fix. Don't know what the problem is. It seems that I have to manually log into the Host Table every time I turn my phone on. The phone does not automatically log into the host table when I turn it on. Don't know why, but I can't believe that a Blackberry is having these text issues. BTW, she said my call was the first she had received on this issue. She said my next step is a tier 3 level support. I was going to demand a new phone, but if other people are experiencing the same problem, it might not do me any good to replace it. I am becoming VERY frustrated.
ok, my txts are sort of working now. i had that problem since i got this darn thing, everything else works fine. but im sure they will check into it, i caleld earlier & asked if there had been any other reports about this whole txting massacure, she said that no, mostly ppl are making calls just to order them, but no compliants. & i know out there, there are MANY other ppl that are facing this darn problem :/ i have to manually turn the whole options-->advance ---> host routing table--> "REgister Now" deal everytime i turn my phone back on. & when i'm thinking maybe i'm getting my msgs late, i turn if off & sure enough, i was right! :[ this is very fustrating, but i don't want to give up this phone. due to the fact that i txt a lot, i love this phone & everything else about it! im sure other ppl are facing this problemo too. & im sure its only a matter of time the ppl will acutally fix this problem. maybe thats why the allow the phone to be ordered by phone & by net [since they're not in stores yet] to see what problems they have with the phones, that way they can fix those lil problems, before they get sent out to the stores.

i'm fustrated :///
Old 12-19-2008, 11:53 PM   #57
lawden

Default Tech Support Nightmare continues

I spent another hour + speaking with tech support over this issue. They made me go through the ENTIRE process again to get incoming text messages, before they would submit a "Tier 3" ticket for the phone. I was told I would be contacted in 24-48 hours for more assistance with this phone. I love the phone otherwise, so I am just ready to get a replacement and be done with it. My nextel rep wants to wait to see what the tier 3 people do before ordering another one, but I don't trust that whatever they are doing to do is going to be a permanent fix. I guess we'll see.
Old 12-20-2008, 12:02 AM   #58
Micpip
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9630

The issue with the DC showing up in msg. folder seams to be from people that have there phones setup to push there info (Direct Send) same thing with a motorola nextel where you get a DC call they have a little id badge icon that send the callers info

DO YOU BLACKBERRY?
Old 12-20-2008, 12:34 AM   #59
KeyzBerry

Model: 8530

I did the SAME thing i would of did when i had the 7100i, register my device and service books, i call the nextel blackberry service dept. and gave them my SIM ID and IMEI # "i think u can do this online yourself"..........EVERYTHING works, text, mms, DC, wifi etc...

my only problem is, whats up with this neon theme????
any themes that run on 4.6???
Old 12-20-2008, 10:30 AM   #60
avm117

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawden View Post
I spent another hour + speaking with tech support over this issue. They made me go through the ENTIRE process again to get incoming text messages, before they would submit a "Tier 3" ticket for the phone. I was told I would be contacted in 24-48 hours for more assistance with this phone. I love the phone otherwise, so I am just ready to get a replacement and be done with it. My nextel rep wants to wait to see what the tier 3 people do before ordering another one, but I don't trust that whatever they are doing to do is going to be a permanent fix. I guess we'll see.

did you finally get your txting to work?
Closed Thread