Old 12-02-2006, 11:55 AM   #1
smallville20
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8703e
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Default Outlook Calendar Sync - BlackBerry Desktop Manager

Please Login to Remove!

Good morning folks...

I have successfully been able to sync my 8703e to my Outlook via my BB Desktop Manager, however... I have stumbled across an issue with the calendar sync.

I have selected the "Import" option of my Outlook Calendar to my handeld. Under the Advanced Settings option, it provides the ability to sync a number of days prior and days after today's date. I have selected this option and placed 3 days in prior and 30 days in after fields. I perform the sync, but it is still importing everything from my Outlook calendar... well prior and well after my prior/after days.

Any thoughts?

Thank you in advance for your responses! Take care.
Old 12-02-2006, 12:15 PM   #2
Dodge DeBoulet
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallville20
Good morning folks...

I have successfully been able to sync my 8703e to my Outlook via my BB Desktop Manager, however... I have stumbled across an issue with the calendar sync.

I have selected the "Import" option of my Outlook Calendar to my handeld. Under the Advanced Settings option, it provides the ability to sync a number of days prior and days after today's date. I have selected this option and placed 3 days in prior and 30 days in after fields. I perform the sync, but it is still importing everything from my Outlook calendar... well prior and well after my prior/after days.

Any thoughts?

Thank you in advance for your responses! Take care.
Have you tried deleting all of the appointments on the BB before syncing? I don't think it will delete appointments on the handheld via an import, so if they're already there, they'll stick around until you delete them.
Old 12-02-2006, 01:18 PM   #3
smallville20
Thumbs Must Hurt

I just attempted your suggestion... unfortunately, there are 441 total calendar entries and this would take me quite awhile to delete each one. I assume that since mass deleting contacts does not exist... mass deleting calendar entries is a roadblock for me as well?

I greatly appreciate your reply, and will attempt your suggestion if no other option or suggestion presents itself. Thank you again!
Old 12-02-2006, 01:21 PM   #4
smallville20
Thumbs Must Hurt

I apologize... I see a Delete Prior option. I will give this a shot and let you know!
Old 12-02-2006, 01:29 PM   #5
smallville20
Thumbs Must Hurt

That seems to have done the trick! Let's just hope that things will delete themselves once they pass the Prior date!

Thank you again! Take care.
Old 12-02-2006, 06:57 PM   #6
tsac
BlackBerry God

Model: Z10
PIN: No Pin just a Tack
Carrier: at&t

Outlook will allow the removal of calendar items by doing a File/ Archive. It will remove entrys before any date you set in the options. If the BB is syncing ok, it will reset the calendar . worst case you will have to do a wipe on the BB and let it sync to your calendar after you do a restore of the backup.
Old 12-05-2006, 08:44 AM   #7
smallville20
Thumbs Must Hurt

Well... I cannot get it to remove entries older than the setting that I have stated in Desktop Manager. It seems to be syncing just fine, as it tells me of changes and/or additions... but deletions just are not happening.

I am also syncing with my contacts, tasks and memos... and these seem to be deleting fine (at least I am prompted to).

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thank you...
Closed Thread