Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2008, 01:49 PM   #21
jtsunami09876
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: At&t

Please Login to Remove!

OMG I hate that all these phones manufacturs are going to touch screens, I absolutely hate them! My fingers are too big to use most of them, I want a real keyboard to freakin text ya know?

The new samsung glyde is a horrible touch screen, and their are some other that are out now that r just too small to use. I hate touch screen!
Old 05-13-2008, 01:51 PM   #22
trigatch4

Model: 7100T
Carrier: Verizon

Looks like a good site to bookmark:
Blackberry Thunder : BlackBerry Thunder
Old 05-13-2008, 02:29 PM   #23
BeefyBeefo
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9630

No thanks, I think I'll continue to wait for a 9000....

-Jeff-
Old 05-13-2008, 03:35 PM   #24
Dinan3
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9000
PIN: & Teller
Carrier: AT&T

8820 is perfect for me enough!!
Old 05-13-2008, 05:05 PM   #25
davidlw
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8830

If they are coming out with the Thunder, are VZ customers still going to get the 9000. How soon do think that that will be? Not a year I hope. I really need to stay with VZ for reception but want a 9000 also.
Old 05-13-2008, 05:17 PM   #26
rockbottom8
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9650
PIN: 321D643B

I want a real keyboard!
Old 05-13-2008, 06:26 PM   #27
King Neptune117
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8130
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

ah ha I pitty the fool who does not have Verizon!
Old 05-13-2008, 08:54 PM   #28
PPCMD

Model: 8820

I got a BB for the power and ease of use and most importantly the keyboard/trackball combo. I gave up on touch screen devices for a phone some time a go and having a touch screen for phone dialing while doing something else is not a great idea. Voice Dialing is great and I think BB does that, does the Jesus Phone do it?

As for Verizon well I was a V710 customer who found themselves with a crippled Bluetooth phone (Their first BT phone). To the point, Verizon looks for every chance to screw their customers over for every penny they have. Same simple UI on standard phones, they say its for ease of use, in reality is easier to lock down.

I did as any consumer should I gave notice, moved to AT&T and find the customer service to be excellent, the phone selection to be great and I can add any phone that uses the AT&T radio's I want.

On the exclusivity part, it stated unless Verizon FAILS to meet the quota set forth in the deal. So if they can't move units because they crippled features they will quickly find themselves opened up on with other versions etc.
Old 05-13-2008, 08:57 PM   #29
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Model: 8330
PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPCMD View Post
I got a BB for the power and ease of use and most importantly the keyboard/trackball combo. I gave up on touch screen devices for a phone some time a go and having a touch screen for phone dialing while doing something else is not a great idea. Voice Dialing is great and I think BB does that, does the Jesus Phone do it?

As for Verizon well I was a V710 customer who found themselves with a crippled Bluetooth phone (Their first BT phone). To the point, Verizon looks for every chance to screw their customers over for every penny they have. Same simple UI on standard phones, they say its for ease of use, in reality is easier to lock down.

I did as any consumer should I gave notice, moved to AT&T and find the customer service to be excellent, the phone selection to be great and I can add any phone that uses the AT&T radio's I want.

On the exclusivity part, it stated unless Verizon FAILS to meet the quota set forth in the deal. So if they can't move units because they crippled features they will quickly find themselves opened up on with other versions etc.
There is nothing crippled on the BB you can still use everything on the device. Yes you have to pay for GPS but nothing else.
Old 05-13-2008, 09:45 PM   #30
justajason

Model: 8310
Carrier: at&t

This may sound off topic at first, but at the end it will come together.

I've had several of Verizons smartphones over the years... including....

Samsung i550
Samsung i730
audiovox ppc 6700
blackberry 7250
blackberry 8703e
blackberry 8830
and even the dreaded moto v710 (not a smartphone, but pretty darn close)

And out of all of them, the blackberry's were the best. They had the most stable OS, and had the least amount of tampering. Probably because RIM aint havin' all that messing.. But the most trouble I had was with the PPC 6700 or XV6700 and the sammy's. It seemed I had to do a battery pull twice a day for a while on all three...Being a curious person, I wondered if anyone else with these devices were having the same issues. And after searching the associated forums, I came to see a pattern.. ONLY the VZW devices presented the issues I was having. And after more searching and searching, I came across a forum dedicated to re-writing the OS, which was PPC4 and WM5. After removing some of the "tampering"created by the carriers provisioning, I was able to use the devices to their fullest.(A lot of typing HKLM)... The fact here is that ALL CARRIERS, tamper with their devices. Its just a proven case that VZW does the most. I believe that this device will do well on their end of the street. But I dont think its going to go as far as the Curve, or the Pearl will do on their network. Most people that are interested in an advanced device, usually want it to work the way they were intended. And not at the whim of a carriers board of directors.

So, to quell the sentiment felt by some, I'll admit that I never had a dropped call when I was a VZW customer, and that was the main reason I stayed as long as I did. But when you purchase as many as I did from them, and they all develop some sort of issue, that VZW won't admit to, I figured it was time to go..

I LOVE the device, if the one shown will be the one sold then I hope to see it in action someday.. But at this point, it wont make me want to come back...

To those of you considering it, please let us know how it works, when it comes out... Cause I know some of you are champing at the bit over a new and cool device. And for once VZW has something that NO OTHER carrier will have for a while.
Old 05-13-2008, 11:46 PM   #31
katebang

Model: 8707
Carrier: Celcom

the things that keeps bonding me to blackberry is the qwerty keypad.. i've used htc touch before.. man, you really need to concentrate by using it.. qwerty keypad offers 1 hand operates... just sharing my experience..
Old 05-22-2008, 03:41 PM   #32
starbai
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530

anyone know if this thing as a shot of having wifi capability?
Old 05-22-2008, 03:46 PM   #33
starbai
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbswany View Post
Verizon?!?!?!? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
HAHAHAHHA

finally we get a piece of the cool phone pie!
i'm soooo tired of having half capability LG's while everyone else gets the real deal

I' haven't had much experience with touch screen phones, but they're coool to look at lol.

If anyone has the ability to make an iPhone actually with a touchscreen keyboard actually useable its gotta be RIM.

I'm excited to check it out and plan to be one of the first ones with it
Old 05-22-2008, 03:49 PM   #34
starbai
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg View Post
There is nothing crippled on the BB you can still use everything on the device. Yes you have to pay for GPS but nothing else.
I'm not too up on bberry news so i could definitly be wrong.

One of the things I was looking at with the Curve was wifi capability. Verizon Curves dont have it. Other curves do... is this true? ?

if so thats one thing that verizon screwed us out of.
Old 05-22-2008, 04:48 PM   #35
michael12005

Model: Tour

Verizon is the best overall carrier IMHO and my BB 8830 is terrific, no complaints and it works in every country I ever seem to visit. The i phone is a piece of junk, an overpriced, overhyped TOY. As a business device it is USELESS. I do have the I Touch which I use just for music and it is excellent and I do love the touch screen keyboard so if the new BB with Verizon is a world-wide BB I would buy it!
Old 05-22-2008, 05:21 PM   #36
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Model: 8330
PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by starbai View Post
I'm not too up on bberry news so i could definitly be wrong.

One of the things I was looking at with the Curve was wifi capability. Verizon Curves dont have it. Other curves do... is this true? ?

if so thats one thing that verizon screwed us out of.
Verizon hasnt screwed you out of anything. And if you want wifi talk to RIM Verizon has nothing to do with this.
Old 05-22-2008, 06:05 PM   #37
pdone

My memory might be fuzzy on this (wouldn't be a 1st) but I'm not aware of a BB that has both wifi and gps. vzw's BBs all come with the gps option, they choose not to carry ones with wifi. No additional revenue for them.
Old 05-22-2008, 09:16 PM   #38
PPCMD

The BB 8820 has GPS & WiFi A & B/G plus quad GSM, GPRS/Edge
Old 05-23-2008, 10:19 AM   #39
jor17

Model: 8703e

Anyone more interested in the Bold for Verizon than the Thunder?
Old 05-24-2008, 02:08 PM   #40
BR14

Carrier: Various

UMA will allow wi-fi VOIP calling etc and has the added advantage (for the Carrier) that they can make you pay. Apparently UMA is some form of tunneling over the wi-fi connection.

Orange in the UK has the technology as does Fido in Canada. I guess Rogers will have it when they release the Bold (don't they own Fido?).

Check out umatoday.com for more info.
Closed Thread