BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2007, 11:30 AM   #21
Cabronsote

Model: 7130e
Carrier: Sprint

Please Login to Remove!

I simply delegated down the Send As and Recieve As AD permissions to all user objects for my BES account.

In AD right click your domain and select Delegate Control> select your BES mailbox account> apply the setting to user objects> Then grant send as and recieve as for the permissions.

Hope this simplifies things for anyone coming across this issue after an upgrade/migration

MS article 912918 explains it all...
Old 01-30-2007, 01:39 PM   #22
jrbes
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700
Carrier: Cingular

Ditto for what Cabronsote stated - easier approach, sorry I didn't see this thread earlier.
Old 01-30-2007, 01:44 PM   #23
BBAdmin
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: .
Carrier: .

Quote:
adminSDHolder object
Which was on the KB I posted for you days ago!!!!!

Old 02-03-2007, 07:16 PM   #24
RickArnold

Model: 7100i

I have got the same exact problem. It sounds like you are using two account, but I'm not exactly sure how you are doing this. Could you exaplin a little more.
Old 02-21-2007, 08:55 AM   #25
samohile

Carrier: Rogers
Default Send as permissions revoked

I have installed BES Express on Small Business Server 2003. Everything except send emails works. Send email also works, for a while and then stops. I have figured out why this happens, by going through the posts here, and by reading the MS KB article posted by BBAdmin. However, I could not figure out how to prevent the background services from revoking the send as permissions from the BESAdmin account. Since this is a domain controller, I must make the BESAdmin service account member of Administrator group (I think). And since this being a protected account, the send as permissions are revoked after a while. I tried to follow the steps in MS KB 912918 to assign another mailbox to the BESAdmin account but it doesn't seem to work. The BESAdmin account permissions disappear from the BB user's security properties after a few minutes. Please help.
Old 02-25-2007, 07:50 PM   #26
samohile

Carrier: Rogers

I figured it out finally. The problem was that the blackberry user a power user, and power user falls under protected account. Therefore the background services were removing the send as permissions from this account. Once I made this user a mobile user, everything went smoothly.
Old 03-03-2007, 03:27 PM   #27
audit
Whoever

Model: xxxx
Carrier: AT&T

I'm having this EXACT same problem with my BES Express server. I did the patching on the Exchange server last night and my Send As permissions for my account keep getting removed every hour. Store version is 6.5.7651.61 and We're running on Exchange SP2. I'm a domain admin. I thought we had it fixed this morning before I left when I stopped the Router Service for 20 minutes and then restarted it. Then I woke up and tried to send an e-mail to my boss about the progress of last night's patching and I get the message "Desktop Email program unable to submit message." error.

I logged into my AD server and see that my Send As permissions have been removed from my account again. All the permissions are correct on the Information Store and nothings changed on the BES server other then updating the CDO.dll file and registering that last night.

I'm lost right now and need to get this fixed today. My CEO picked up a Blackberry this morning and said that he wants me to put it on the BES server tomorrow before he leaves out of town.

Users cannot send e-mail messages from a mobile device or from a shared mailbox in Exchange 2000 Server and in Exchange Server 2003 just confused the heck out of me and now I'm not sure which way to go. PLEASE HELP!!!

Win or Lose... Everyone Has Their Fight
Old 03-03-2007, 07:13 PM   #28
T-Roy
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8800
Carrier: Darth Vader

Do this: https://www.blackberry.com/blackberr...eo/sendAs.html
Restart the System Attendant on your Exchange Server to clear the Information Store Cache, or stop the BlackBerry Router Service for 20 minutes to wait for that cache to clear automatically.

audit: your account is likely a member of a protected group, such as Domain Admins. The adminSDHolder object automatically removes this. Review the section of the MS Kb: Special rules for adminSDHolder Protected Accounts

Last edited by T-Roy; 03-03-2007 at 07:18 PM..
Closed Thread