sujendra

Model: 7100g
PIN: N/A
Carrier: airtel
Smile Some basic questions.....

Please Login to Remove!

Hi all,
i installed BES(4.1 single user) and was trying to add a user to it,
i have read the user guide and a couple of more support docs on BES but certain issues still exist. I may appear a bit stupid being a newbie but still need assistance in resolving the following issues......

1. I was unable to add a user, or send PIN message or mail, i attached a device to the server machine and was able to send messages and PIN messages to it.
But the Blackberry didn't receive the messages when it was not connected to the BES machine through the USB cable, why so??

2. One user BES means, One admin and one user right?

3. My default email id was deleted from the blackberry after it was sent messages after 100% enterprise activation was displayed on the homescreen of the device and the device was connected to the BES. The other mail ids remained unaffected. Why so??

4. How can i do the OTA transfer of an application to the device user through the BES??

Thanks,
Suz
Old 06-18-2008, 09:00 AM   #2
gibson_hg
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: NA
PIN: 80081ES
Carrier: NA

If your BB cannot send/receive PIN messages then it does not have a data plan. This is needed for and wireless activity like email to work.

I read your other post as well. The 2 items you mentioned are recommendations, RIM prefers the BES to be installed on a member server by itself.

One user means one user. The BES needs the BESAdmin acccount but only one BESAdmin account. You can have 500 users but you only have one account to manage/maintiain the BES.

You will not be able to pusd an apps wirelessly until you get a data plan. Once that is corrected check the BES Admin guide and the BES TKC, BlackBerry Technical Solution Center. Lots of good info there.
Old 06-18-2008, 09:02 AM   #3
hdawg
BlackBerry Genius

Model: hdawg
PIN: port3101.org
Carrier: hdawg

Quote:
1. I was unable to add a user, or send PIN message or mail, i attached a device to the server machine and was able to send messages and PIN messages to it.
But the Blackberry didn't receive the messages when it was not connected to the BES machine through the USB cable, why so??
Do you have a proper BES data plan provisioned for the device?

Quote:
2. One user BES means, One admin and one user right?
Admin is not User. User is user listed under the all users tab.

Quote:
3. My default email id was deleted from the blackberry after it was sent messages after 100% enterprise activation was displayed on the homescreen of the device and the device was connected to the BES. The other mail ids remained unaffected. Why so??
How was this device setup before? Desktop Redirector?

Quote:
4. How can i do the OTA transfer of an application to the device user through the BES??
Create a Software Configuration and attempt to deploy it. Read through the install / admin guide a bit more and search with the links provided in my signature.
Closed Thread