BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2005, 05:06 AM   #1
Raven VII
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7230
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default So... which IM client is the best?

Please Login to Remove!

VeriChat... WebMessenger... IM+...

Which one is the best? I have VeriChat installed on my 7230 right now, it seems very good. I have tried WebMessenger once back in the RIM 850 days, it blew. But it's probably a whole different story today. Have never tried or heard of IM+ until visiting those forums.

I only use AIM, so support for MSN/Y!/ICQ/Etc isn't important.

I also need a vibrate function to notify me of new IMs. VeriChat does this, but I don't know if WebMessenger or IM+ does.
Old 03-06-2005, 11:25 AM   #2
sharpycl
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: Lu920
PIN: is where your heart is
Carrier: AT&T

In my opinion, currently verichat is the best because it acts like an instant messenger should. Until the new release of IM+, IMs' were received like SMS messages (in a different window every time). Now the new software has a message history screen that you can type new messages from, just like verichat.

It also has finally given you the ability to use sounds and vibrating to alert you to new messages, and finally exiting the application doesn't mean leaving the whole app to do other things while in the middle of a conversation.

IM+ is finally doing some good things with its software, what makes it even better is you don't have to pay yearly to use the service. With Veri Chat you do.

They both have their +'s and -'s, but I think Veri Chat is better because it seems way more advanced than IM+ is (currently). Me though, I'm staying with IM+, because its finally starting to shape out to be a good Instant Messenger.
Old 03-06-2005, 11:29 AM   #3
mobilehavoc
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: None
Carrier: Cingular

I recommend Verichat. I had WebMessenger for a year (Dec 2003 - Dec 2004) and while it was good - stability was terrible to the point where I stopped using it because it got frustrating.

I recently purchased Verichat after using it for 2 weeks and I'm liking it. Loads up faster than Webmessenger, more colorful, just overall...a better experience.

YMMV
Old 03-06-2005, 01:25 PM   #4
Raven VII
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7230
Carrier: T-Mobile

Seems WebMessenger hadn't changed all that much since. It was also very unstable on my 850, and caused the whole thing to crash sometimes.

Guess I'll have to try IM+ out and judge for myself. Thanks guys.
Old 03-07-2005, 09:03 PM   #5
dzervit
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T

I installed IM+ on my 7520... doesn't work. Not on its supported list. What gives? Onto Verichat demo... not likely the lame annual subscription though.
Old 03-08-2005, 08:19 AM   #6
applestar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven VII
Seems WebMessenger hadn't changed all that much since. It was also very unstable on my 850, and caused the whole thing to crash sometimes.

Guess I'll have to try IM+ out and judge for myself. Thanks guys.
Dont try IM+. It crashed my BB 7290 15 times in a few hours. And I still didnt get my refund. I dont know whats wrong with that guys ...
Closed Thread