BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2005, 12:38 PM   #1
jakiz

Default Minimizing IM+?

Please Login to Remove!

Is there any way to minimize or cause IM+ to run in the background. It's a great program and I love being able to keep in contact with people via IM. But it's confusing for them because if I want to check something I have to logout and then back in. Meanwhile on their end it says I'm still logged in just 'idle' but their messages get bounced. Anyway to access other programs while this is still open. I tried searching and checking user manuals. The only 'tip' it gave me was hitting to send....
Old 04-06-2005, 01:24 PM   #2
briandor
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7100t

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakiz
Is there any way to minimize or cause IM+ to run in the background. It's a great program and I love being able to keep in contact with people via IM. But it's confusing for them because if I want to check something I have to logout and then back in. Meanwhile on their end it says I'm still logged in just 'idle' but their messages get bounced. Anyway to access other programs while this is still open. I tried searching and checking user manuals. The only 'tip' it gave me was hitting to send....
I've got the 7100t and what I do is hit the phone disconnect key which sends me to the home screen. From there I can do what I want and IM+ is still on in the background. When I want to go back into IM+ I just "launch" it again except it is already running and pops right up. I think I've heard the phone disconnect key also referred to as the ESC key.
Old 04-06-2005, 01:39 PM   #3
Mark Rejhon
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: Bold
Carrier: Rogers

You can use the standard BlackBerry multitasking hotkey: +Esc

Hold and then press the Esc button on the side. This allows you to multitask on your BlackBerry.

I prefer VeriChat and WebMessenger's much more user-friendly method -- you just hit Esc to force the software to run in the background.

Perhaps the IM+ people can add the feature of being forced to background when hitting the Esc button?
www.xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0301.html - specification
www.realjabber.org - open source
Old 04-06-2005, 02:17 PM   #4
jakiz

Excellent. Thank you so much. Though these things are intuitive, some stuff escapes me, especially since no user manual was included. These forums are extremely helpful.
Old 04-06-2005, 03:03 PM   #5
IBGregR
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Default Buddy List

On another note...is there any way to add buddies from within IM+? I can't seem to uncover it if there is.
Closed Thread