Old 03-10-2011, 02:37 PM   #1
jenlee

Model: 8520
PIN: N/A
Carrier: virgin
Default Help with mass storage mode

Please Login to Remove!

I hope you can help me!

I am having problems connecting my BB to my laptop. It was working fine at first but recently had to have it repaired due to a cracked screen. Since it's been back I am unable to download tunes/photos etc onto it. The computer recognises that it's plugged in. It's connecting to the desktop software and the message box pops up to say it's installed. The problem is that it isn't going into mass storage mode. When I used to plug it in the phone used to prompt me and ask if I wanted it in mass storage mode.

I have checked the settings and mass storage mode is on and is set to prompt so I know when it's working. It isn't showing up on my devices on the computer and I have gone through the phone and can't find any other settings that I can change. I have 2 USB cables and get the same result, it is also charging when plugged in. As I said it's recognised on my desktop software and I'm able to download upgrades.

I'm very non technical so really hoping this is something simple that I have missed. HELP!
Old 03-10-2011, 06:54 PM   #2
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA
Default Re: Help with mass storage mode

I'm not sure I quite followed..... Are you saying the BlackBerry is not prompting you when it is in fact set to prompt?

Have you tried a hard reset? If not, do that and see if afterward the BlackBerry will then prompt when connected to the computer.

To do a hard reset, remove the battery while the BlackBerry is powered on, and wait at least 30 seconds before replacing the battery.
Old 03-11-2011, 07:12 AM   #3
jaszman
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9300
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default Re: Help with mass storage mode

Also re check your settings.
1) Go to settings
2) Scroll to options (the little wrench) and select it
3) Scroll to memory and select it
4) Look at MEDIA CARD SUPPORT on top of list and be sure it says ON, if not select it and change.
5) Scroll to MASS STORAGE MODE SUPPORT, and be sure it says ON, if not, select it and change.
6) Scroll to AUTO ENABLE MASS STORAGE MODE WHEN CONNECTED, and be sure it says YES, if not select it and change

I think these are the default settings, and after servicing it should already be these, but it never hurts to double check.
Closed Thread