Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2010, 12:45 PM   #1
ragincajun

Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Default NewBBie on forums

Please Login to Remove!

Hey there. Just found these forums on a search. Got a BB yesterday. My dad upgraded and my old phone (Samsung Jack) wouldn't do what I needed for work. So I got the Crackberry, first time having a BB, and a few items that I can't figure out:

1. Adding my e-mail account:
Read the manual and when I go through the setup wizard I only get two options where the manual shows three options. Naturally, the missing option is the one to add another e-mail (up to 10). Not sure where to go here. A search mentioned doing a wipe and then said "Not recommended"...lol.

2. Flashing green power light...any way to turn that thing off? I use the phone for my alarm as well and that light is bright at night.

3. Web Browser: In the apps, I selected Show All so even hidden apps are shown. In the manual is says there is Media Net and Browser but Browser is not showing up on the app page. When I go to Media Net I can search for Yahoo and other sites, but get an error on many sites I attempt to go to saying the pages are not supported. Now, from the main app page on the phone, I can Menu/Switch Application and I get a pop up with PTT, Home, Messages and Browser however when I select that Browser it opens up as Media Net Home page...so it's not the web browser for web pages that the manual refers to.

4. Any easy way to delete all my dads contacts in the address book without going through each one individually? The Setup Wizard imported mine from my sim card but he has hundreds that were stored in the phone I guess.

5. Is there an app or program for AIM?
Old 10-10-2010, 01:49 PM   #2
MidnightDraven
BlackBerry Mensa

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Tesco Mobile

1. You need a blackberry data plan on your account.

2. Yes, Green Call button - menu button - options - [in one of the sub menus theres the "network indicator" set to off.

3. See answer to 1.

4. there was, but to do that you'd also lose your contacts. [clearing the address database in advanced part of backup/restore]

5. yes, but you need a blackberry data plan first.

"That's it then. Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings... and call off Christmas."
Closed Thread