Old 08-07-2009, 02:48 AM   #101
ArgonNJ
No longer Registered.

Model: WP7
Carrier: AT&T

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasFlier View Post
but calling him a "fanboi" when you yourself are probably the #1 iPhone "fanboi" on BB forums is as much out of order as him callling your beloved iPhone a toy.
Not really a fanboi. I actually want to try Android phone and if ATT releases one, I may do it. I'm not married to any device or company.
Old 09-17-2009, 12:28 AM   #102
mathewhayden

Model: other
PIN: N/A
Carrier: student

Hello..
According to me Blackberry is the best phone. It is very excellent in internet connectivity and also has good features. Though Iphone 3g has better screen, Blackberry has good keyboard to use. So I only prefer Blackberry.
Old 09-17-2009, 12:32 AM   #103
ArgonNJ
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathewhayden View Post
Hello..
According to me Blackberry is the best phone.
Well then I guess the argument is over!
Old 09-21-2009, 05:33 PM   #104
charles.mike

Model: 7100T
Carrier: Tmobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by test54 View Post
iphone:
Cannot show messages in single folder -- they are seperated into accounts and number of new email is highlighted.
Can Alert you on the screen to appointment.
Can set appointment on the device without syncing.
Cannot as far as I know turn off then awaken for alarm.
IM in the background will be running a little differently but by Sept. Apple has promised to have this function working. So no for now but coming.
Apple has 3rd party apps for IM as of now and MSN is included as well as all the others on those apps.
By every update, the OS of iPhone is getting better and better.
Old 09-26-2009, 02:30 AM   #105
CoDudette
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: iOS
PIN: OT Noir.
Carrier: Vodafone IN

the iPhone is a sleek device. It's fun, has a ton of apps, and great for multimedia in general. If someone wants that as their priority in a phone, then great. buy an iPhone.

The BlackBerry is a great phone. Push Email is fantastic. BBM is off the charts, and it's a great 'work' phone (i couldn't find a better word. pardon me.). If that's your priority, buy a BlackBerry.

Each person has a specific idea of what they want in a phone. some might not even want either of the two, and may go for a Windows Mobile phone.

Someone may want a Palm Pre. Great. Buy it. I'm sure it's got what that person needs in a phone.

Someone doesn't want to use GPRS and is happy simply texting and making phone calls. And probably likes a simple Nokia or Sony Ericsson. Then great. Buy it.

It's all about what a person really wants as their priority in a phone. Some might want a BB cause it's 'cool' or 'in fashion' or 'cause everyone has it'. same with the iPhone. this debate can go on, but hey.. each to their own right?
Old 10-11-2009, 10:41 AM   #106
SmoothOperator
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoDudette View Post
the iPhone is a sleek device. It's fun, has a ton of apps....
I own the 3GS 32GB and after downloading three pages worth of free apps, I get the sense that many of them are impractical, that they are merely shortcuts for what your browser can do. Really, is there an absolute need for Epic Fail? The apps I use the most are Wikipedia, Bank of America, iStockManager, eBay and PayPal, and Google Maps if I get lost. The rest are nice to have, but I can't see how useful they are. Google Earth is fascinating, and I would love to see Google Earth take me to Victoria Falls or the Eiffel Tower. However, to me it's just an Ooh and Ahh sensation. I get far more satisfaction receiving and responding immediately to emails from my business or personal contacts. It's cool when you send an email to a Blackberry user and get a response back in five minutes.
Old 10-31-2009, 10:46 PM   #107
thunderbucks

Model: 8330
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmoothOperator View Post
I own the 3GS 32GB and after downloading three pages worth of free apps, I get the sense that many of them are impractical, that they are merely shortcuts for what your browser can do. Really, is there an absolute need for Epic Fail? The apps I use the most are Wikipedia, Bank of America, iStockManager, eBay and PayPal, and Google Maps if I get lost. The rest are nice to have, but I can't see how useful they are. Google Earth is fascinating, and I would love to see Google Earth take me to Victoria Falls or the Eiffel Tower. However, to me it's just an Ooh and Ahh sensation. I get far more satisfaction receiving and responding immediately to emails from my business or personal contacts. It's cool when you send an email to a Blackberry user and get a response back in five minutes.
I get that feeling about a lot of iPhone apps. While I admit some are cool and amusing to mess around with, the "80,000 + apps" doesn't give me incentive to get an iPhone. When the highlight apps of my roommate's iPhone are a Zippo lighter app and a pistol app to merely play with these objects as though they were real, I'm all set.

The best way I can think to put it, without necessarily being as narrow-minded as it may sound, is the iPhone is typically for those who are multimedia geared, and want to just pick it up and have fun with it, without necessarily thinking about the functionality of the device.

Blackberry users on the other hand, tend to be less multimedia oriented, but more functionality-driven. It's great for e-mail (typically busines), batteries are easily interchangable, it's not difficult to take apart a BB if need be, etc. While I would like certain apps such as iTunes and Wikipedia (maybe I haven't looked hard enough? ), I'm just fine using Pandora and my browser!
Old 11-02-2009, 01:00 AM   #108
Drillbit
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9630
Carrier: IT&E

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgetfanatic View Post
.......to each his/her own. Right now I am enjoying the iphone. For 3 years prior to getting an iphone I was a complete Blackberry fanatic. In a year or 2 maybe I'll be enjoying something else. Variety is the spice of life and if you close your mind to new and different things the world will pass you by and you won't even know it. Live a little BB peeps.
Doing it by having an iPod Touch. No need contract, no need AT&T connection issues.

Right now, simultaneously enjoying both a Blackberry and two Nokia Symbian devices. The Blackberry has replaced my Windows Mobile. Later I hope to get Android, WebOS and Maemo devices, all unlocked on the GSM line. That way I can have a "smartphone" of the week everytime I get bored by switching the SIM from one phone to another.

I really like my iPod Touch, by extension the iPhone. But it feels way too much of a mobile computer, whereas the Blackberry feels more like a mobile data terminal. Whereas the iPod Touch circa iPhone works very well as a handheld computer, my Blackberry Tour feels like the very epitome of Nokia's famed quote: "Connecting People". Yeah, a people connector.

If you want lots of apps to play with, get the iPhone.

If you got lots of friends, family members and contacts, get the Blackberry.
Old 11-03-2009, 11:13 PM   #109
da32212
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9000

I have an 8310, and i might move up to the Bold or Storm soon, But for now i'm happy!!!

The one thing I like about the Iphone is being able to jail break it and finding the kool stuff on Cydia!! But after Jail breaking so many of my Co workers Iphones.. I notice most of them dont really no anything bout the phone or what it can do! They just like having the thought of being able to show they got an IPhone!!

They look at my out dated 8310 and see some of the kewl themes I have and want them!! or how fast pages from the internet open on my BB than their Iphone!! Plus i can send emails,text and MMs faster than them...

So to me the BB is better in most ways.. But some Iphone

9000 Bold 5.0.0.464
8310 Curve
8100 Pearl
Old 11-11-2009, 03:02 PM   #110
RJeffDay
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8330
Carrier: Verizon - United States

[*]This may be a moot point, but when I had my Windows Mobile phone, a touch screen was so unwieldy that I told myself, "Touch screen... never again."[/list]
I now own my first touch screen phone. I will never own another one. I may get a hybrid, but I will never again rely on a touch screen keyboard.
Old 11-11-2009, 03:47 PM   #111
ArgonNJ
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJeffDay View Post
[*]This may be a moot point, but when I had my Windows Mobile phone, a touch screen was so unwieldy that I told myself, "Touch screen... never again."[/list]
I now own my first touch screen phone. I will never own another one. I may get a hybrid, but I will never again rely on a touch screen keyboard.
Windows Mobile devices use resistive touch screens. The iphone, Storm and Android phones use capacitance touch screens which are far more finger friendly. WM is garbage, don't dismiss touch screens because M$ can't seem to get it right.
Old 11-20-2009, 03:08 AM   #112
tomjones2525

Model: 8320
PIN: 24B25480
Carrier: at&t

The iPhone is a cool gaget with
1. Built in ipod
2. Best native apps(youtube, safari, maps, etc.)
3. The variety of fair priced apps
and most of all its nice slick design but in the end its too much to enjoy at once...
My blackberry is a great device also and I wouldn't traded it for anythng So stuck with my blackberry and got an ipod touch and called it day......
Ohh and the blackberry NEEDS to get hacked, it would bring so much more fun to the device
Old 11-20-2009, 10:48 AM   #113
ArgonNJ
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomjones2525 View Post
The iPhone is a cool gaget
Old 11-20-2009, 11:15 PM   #114
9bberry
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
Carrier: att

any blackberry kills any iphone period
Old 11-21-2009, 06:11 PM   #115
ArgonNJ
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9bberry View Post
Time will tell. BB kills in messaging and security. Everything else about it is a bit dated and in need of an overhaul.
Old 11-23-2009, 10:40 AM   #116
SmoothOperator
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9bberry View Post
Dude, any Blackberry with a Safari browser kills any iPhone.
Old 11-24-2009, 01:58 PM   #117
ArgonNJ
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmoothOperator View Post
Dude, any Blackberry with a Safari browser kills any iPhone.
When that happens, get back to me.
Old 12-17-2009, 12:00 PM   #118
tom0100
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
Carrier: T-mobile
Default I like the IPhone ALOT but it only uses 256 meg of ram

As much as people talk about he IPhone being 8 meg or 16 meg or whatever...

You have to look this stuff up. It does the same thing as blackberry! It can ONLY use 256 meg of RAM for the OS. The other part is just like an SD card for storing media!

NOW, I do love the 'Jesus phone' but the AT&T strong hold is ridiculous for this many years! Why should anyone have to be stuck with one carrier to get the phone? I know MANY people with the money who are on Verizon who would buy the phone if it WAS NOT on AT&T. THAT is a HUGE negative!

Oh, the blackberry does do PUSH email quite a bit better but that's if you are a corporate email fiend ( i have to be).

But I do love the phone! Wrong about memory though...odd only techies seem to know apple limits the OS memory but for marketing they let the public think they can utilize the entire 8mg, 16 or 32mg...

THE OS can't touch all 8, 16 or 32! But it does everything else pretty slickly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vventimiglia View Post
I am writing this thread as a previous Blackberry Curve, and pearl owner. I noticed there are blackberry die hards all over this site and being a previous owner of one and now the owner of a Iphone 3g I wanted to confront those who love to " hate " on the Iphone. I ask you people this.... What on earth does ANY blackberry do that the iPhone doesnt do already or do 10x better?

Lets go down the list. Iphone goes up to 16gigs of available memory when you cant even expand the memory using a micro sd card on the blackberry to that big. So right there the iphone destroys the blackberry in available space to use for mp3's or photo's ect.

Moving on to size and design. First thing everyone who has a blackberry is going to say is the iphone is fragile. Yes ill be the first to say it is more fragile then a blackberry so if your looking to beat the hell out of your phone and not have a case for it then no its not the phone for you. But i see most blackberry users treat there phones as if there godly so i see no reason why it being a bit more fragile would be a problem. If anyone trys to say the iphone is not better looking then any blackberry even the bold ( who copied some of its design from the iphone ) has to be in pure denial. Blackberry has kept the same crude boxy design and change the colors and curves slightly with each phone but essentially keeping the boring ugly brick format. there latest innovation in years was moving from a track wheel to a track ball.

The internet. This is where the iphone single handedly blows the doors off any blackberry. First off the screen on the blackberry is so tiny and the graphics look like atari compared to the iphone. the webpages are modified and i dont care if its 3g or not ( which still isnt out yet for blackberry ) it will not look nor load the same speed as a iphone which is built for internet use. web pages come up fluidly and fast and identical to a pc rather then the 2 and half minute wait to get a shambled version of a webpage on a blackberry.

Next is all the affordable and extremely usable 3rd party and apple apps. you can download them right from your phone anywhere and for usually a reasonable price. unlike blackberry who requires u to hook up a cable to ur pc to download a 20 dollar alarm clock program

so what is the last hoorah for the blackberry. CORPORATE EMAIL. most people sign themselves up for it in the company to seem important barely using it but lets discuss this as if you really did need it and use it. Iphone now supports corporate email however not all companies are on to it yet so it may not be available. but once it catches on n it will, what happens to blackberries sole purpose? does the corporate email make the blackberry so great when it gets blown out on every single other option and feature? can someone please justify how they hate on the iphone and think the blackberry is so much better?
Old 12-17-2009, 01:42 PM   #119
Noodle22
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8520
Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom0100 View Post
But I do love the phone! Wrong about memory though...odd only techies seem to know apple limits the OS memory but for marketing they let the public think they can utilize the entire 8mg, 16 or 32mg...

THE OS can't touch all 8, 16 or 32! But it does everything else pretty slickly.
Do you mean the memory size for the phone, 8GB, 16 GB and 32GB?

They're gigabytes, not megabytes.
Old 12-18-2009, 08:29 AM   #120
tom0100
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
Carrier: T-mobile
Default lol...sorry, I was thinking gig

I was think gig but typed meg. BUT that doesn't change the fact that the OS of the IPHONE only accesses 256 meg of memory for itself.

Sorry for the typo...Apple has 8, 16 and 32 GIG models. I have a 16 gig SD chip in my blackberry 9700 (and SD memory is removable). I can ALSO, however, like the Iphone, only utilize 256 MEG of memory for the OS on my bb 9700.
Closed Thread