Old 06-18-2007, 02:26 PM   #41
ptukhar
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
PIN: 24a055a4
Carrier: at&t
Thumbs up

Please Login to Remove!

I'm keeping it. The best phone I've had to date.
Everything pretty much works and the standby time on this puppy is amazing.
My previous phones were WM. Bluetooth and stereo bluetooth AD2P work without issues. Email push/pull also. Great keyboard and very compact.
The main thing for me is it has never hung up on me.
Old 06-18-2007, 02:31 PM   #42
davistld01
CrackBerry Addict

Model: None
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptukhar View Post
The main thing for me is it has never hung up on me.
Ya know...until I read this, I never realized the same thing. I have never dropped a call on my Curve...not even one. That's pretty amazing in itself.
Old 06-18-2007, 02:35 PM   #43
badshot1uk

Model: 8300
PIN: N/A
Carrier: vodafone

Yep Its my first BB and I'm Very impressed, after a little hicup with the email setup its all sorted and I love it!
Old 06-18-2007, 02:46 PM   #44
quillhill
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: Torch

Oh, I am so keeping mine. It's solid as far as build quality goes. I've had a few little glitches -- three random re-sets in the first week but I did a fix suggested by my personal BB guru, archer6, it's running like a champ.
But, it's everything I wanted in a BB and more, so I can't think of a single reason I'd take it back. If the bugger completely craps out on me due to something other than me, I'll just warranty exchange it.
In fact, I like it so much, I'd like to get a spare just in case anything happens to my original though I baby the hell out of it (InvisibleShield, OEM skin, never goes anywhere near water, rarely leaves my hands, etc...).
I think it's safe to say it's my favorite device ever.
Old 06-18-2007, 02:48 PM   #45
sean76
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9700
Carrier: AT&T, VZW

Well ladies and gentleman, I luv all your feedback on this topic! Just about all of you have only good things to say about the Curve, and for the most part I agree. Every device has it's quirks in the beginning, and it takes time to have eveything on point. But as I've said over and over again, the Form Factor absolutly rules on this device! So in light of all the positive feedback, I've decided to keep the Curve as well. I visited my at&t guy and picked up a unit from his shipment that got delivered earlier today (my 7th and last). The device was made in Mexico and feels as tight as a drum, no moving parts at all, rubber sides are tight and solid, small mic piece is tight, keyboard is tight, screen is bright white and not washed out, everything as far as build quality is perfect! Everything under the hood seems to be in perfect working order as well (got it at about 1pm). Emails are coming through quick, there seems to be no lag at all, trackball is responsive and working correctly, no static while on a phone call, and people sound loud and clear. Another words perfect so far. I hope all stays well with this unit, because I really luv the size and the way it feels in my hand. As I said before this will be my last one, hopefully it stays as perfect as it's been out of the box! Seven has always been a lucky number for me anyway (lol)
Old 06-18-2007, 04:26 PM   #46
Donbp

Carrier: AT&T

I love the device and I have absolutely no issue with it at all as some have. That said I will probably return it because I have decided I hate ATT and will go back to Verizon and hope they have something similiar soon. I guess my biggest complaint is not being able to buy insurance. That and their early upgrade policies seem to be non-existant. I bought it because I travel internationally a lot and CDMA just doesn't hack it in most places. I tried the 8830 but didn't really like the backlighting or keyboard. Rumors are that VZ may have a 8330 sometime soon so I guess I'll wait for that.

Last edited by Donbp; 06-18-2007 at 04:29 PM..
Old 06-18-2007, 04:36 PM   #47
GarrisonSmith
Knows Where the Search Button Is

You will have to pry it from cold dead hands.
Old 06-18-2007, 04:47 PM   #48
davistld01
CrackBerry Addict

Model: None
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donbp View Post
I love the device and I have absolutely no issue with it at all as some have. That said I will probably return it because I have decided I hate ATT and will go back to Verizon and hope they have something similiar soon. I guess my biggest complaint is not being able to buy insurance. That and their early upgrade policies seem to be non-existant. I bought it because I travel internationally a lot and CDMA just doesn't hack it in most places. I tried the 8830 but didn't really like the backlighting or keyboard. Rumors are that VZ may have a 8330 sometime soon so I guess I'll wait for that.
Actually, I have found that you can get way more comprehensive data-phone insurance through your private insurance provider than you can through LockLine or any other mobile phone policy service.

And, I have never ever had a problem witn Cingular/AT&T asking and recieving an early upgrade when new equipment comes out...you just have to find the right CSR. Sometimes it takes more than one call...
Old 06-18-2007, 05:51 PM   #49
greggebhardt
No longer Registered.

Model: 9000!
PIN: NOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fkjr2 View Post
6 units? wow - your never gonna get the perfect device

I will exchange mine before my 30 days is over - for a newer one because I love it.
With any luck you will get one of the refurbed Sean76 units! <vbg>
Old 06-18-2007, 05:52 PM   #50
quillhill

Model: Torch

Cingular has an upgrade program. It's just not like Verizon's New Every Two. It doesn't have a pretty name or the extra incentives, at least not for regular customers, that Verizon's does.

I got my Pearl for the 2-year upgrade price of $199 online with the $100 off coming off instantly.

So, you get new customer pricing on a 2-year plus any MIR's that are available for the phone. If you're a business customer with a FAN discount, from what I can tell, the upgrade polices are different.

I've been told the upgrade polices are being tweaked and will be in effect sometime during the summer. I can't recall all the details, but, a BlackBerry user shouldn't have any trouble upgrading more frequently than every two years according to what I've been told.

I'm hoping that the when the next BB with hardware upgrades (such as 3G and/or WiFi) arrives six to nine months from now that with another renewal they'll hook me up. I don't see why not. Last summer when I went to buy the LG CU500 launch weekend they offered me an exception upgrade. I was five months away from being eligible for an upgrade and I was on a 1-year contract.

In any case, have I mentioned recently how much I love the Curve?

sean76, you'll be happy, I know it ...
Old 06-18-2007, 06:23 PM   #51
sean76
CrackBerry Addict

Carrier: AT&T, VZW

Quote:
Originally Posted by greggebhardt View Post
With any luck you will get one of the refurbed Sean76 units! <vbg>

Hey, Greg your a
Real Funny guy!!! Anyway you said I'd never find the perfect Curve, shame on you to doubt the 76er! Because I have it my hands baby, and it's absolutly perfect! Just took a little while, but I found it!
Old 06-18-2007, 06:31 PM   #52
sasha5905

Model: 8700c
Default Newbie Question?

I just bought an 8300. Love it. The Standby button on top is essentially a "lock key?" Is this the only function?
Old 06-18-2007, 06:35 PM   #53
Nextel User
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8220

no, it also mutes when ringing, and it is the play pause button even when not in the media player screen..

i am keeping my curve......i finally found all the resource files for hebrew and loaded them on. and i can type in hebrew.....so its a yes for me...

Old 06-18-2007, 06:51 PM   #54
JohnCourage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanHarig View Post
Im keeping the curve until the day a curve with GPS is available.
+1

I am keeping it as well. This phone has everything I wanted except the one toy I would have liked, built in GPS.
Old 06-18-2007, 06:52 PM   #55
puma
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: Att

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean76 View Post
So now that we're about a full 2 weeks into the 8300 Curve release, I figured I'd start a thread on who's going to keep it? As a lot of you know I'm into my 6th unit, and although I luv the form factor I'm on the fence about having it for keeps at this point. I feel RIM will definitely fix any issues the device has as far as build quality goes, but it's going to take a little while. Anyway I'm curious to know how many of you are willing to overlook any issues your device may have (if any at all) and just call it a day and keep it!

I'm new user also and couldn't ask for more in a phone. Email, web, google maps and music player and camera. I wish it had video just to completment the camera part.

Puma from Miami
Old 06-18-2007, 06:55 PM   #56
PingGuy

Best BB ever, a keeper for sure.

Previous: Nextel BB7520 w/ Plantronics Discovery 640
Old 06-18-2007, 07:42 PM   #57
sh0n
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8310

keeping mine as well...i think. I'm totally a freak when it comes to paying attention to detail, and something that bothers me and has begun to stick out is it lags slightly. youll notice it in brickbreaker, and as you pay attention to how fast your cursor moves over icons, theres a lag there too. The pearl was so much more responsive. i just loaded the rodgers software and waiting for the hourglass to vanish so that i may check it out. any1 else have this issue?
Old 06-18-2007, 10:31 PM   #58
sh0n
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8310

added the rodgers os, took off the ptt works awsome..no lag love the el crackberry.
Old 06-19-2007, 12:34 AM   #59
splitsick

Are you kidding! Of course I am keeping best blackberry to date!
Old 06-19-2007, 01:05 AM   #60
Stonebriar

Model: 8110
Default Thank You

Sean -

For one, I believe your posts, since the release of the Curve, have been highly informative. Your initial choice for a new thread was just what we needed. Now, your follow-up thread, after two weeks, challenges us all to comment again. Although, I have yet to purchase the Curve, it appears I will soon, even though you may ultimately choose another device. Nonetheless, it is your thread that has given me the information I sought.

Thank you for your wisdom and I am appreciative of your pursuit for the best device out there. To be certain, even the simplest of today's wireless communication tools should cause us to marvel, so even more so -- the very best...

Again, thank you!
Steve
Closed Thread