Old 05-04-2009, 08:00 AM   #1
CoDudette
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: iOS
PIN: OT Noir.
Carrier: Vodafone IN
Default Vodafone IN

Please Login to Remove!

has anyone, who uses vodafone in india, noticed that there is only one really ridiculous BB plan? the Rs.1099 per month, unlimited data, unlimited downloads etc, but its in addition to what you have to already pay for your phone plan. (SMS, calls etc). i don't fancy this plan much.

also, lately there have been a LOT of outages on vodafone. and they have no answer to their frequent occurances.

last grouse, WHEN THE HELL IS VODAFONE GOING TO GET 3G? everytime i call up, i get the same answer, 'we have not been given the information yet'. oh bother. :(
Old 05-04-2009, 08:21 AM   #2
dc/dc
Spam Reporter

Model: 6230
Carrier: Voicestream

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoDudette View Post
has anyone, who uses vodafone in india, noticed that there is only one really ridiculous BB plan? the Rs.1099 per month, unlimited data, unlimited downloads etc, but its in addition to what you have to already pay for your phone plan. (SMS, calls etc). i don't fancy this plan much.

also, lately there have been a LOT of outages on vodafone. and they have no answer to their frequent occurances.

last grouse, WHEN THE HELL IS VODAFONE GOING TO GET 3G? everytime i call up, i get the same answer, 'we have not been given the information yet'. oh bother. :(
Honestly, Rs. 1099 is pretty cheap comparatively. Some BES plans in the US cost double that.

I'm honestly very surprised that Vodafone does not have 3G in India yet. I checked GSMworld.com, and I don't even see a 3G network planned, only the addition of GSM 1800.
Old 05-05-2009, 03:38 AM   #3
CoDudette

i know it's really frustrating. i'm so irate that we have the Bold, which is 3G compatible, and we can't even utilise it! :(
Old 05-05-2009, 04:12 AM   #4
ghpk
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8330
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Reliance India

hi, Vodafone has problems keeping customer happy these days, atleast in my case.
iam their postpaid user since 2002, even when it was "essar cellphone" then taken over by hutch and now vodafone.

When i planned to buy a blackberry in OCT-2008, i went to their office and was carrying cash+credit card to purchase it right away, these guys had no enthusiasm to sell one.
The model i asked was said " is discontinued" while other cities were offering the same.
when i decided to buy the curve, they said, no cash or card please, Get a Demand Draft, and we'll get it for you in a week's time, HELL NO, this is Bullshit in such a technological enhanced network.

I went to Reliance web world and was able to decide the 8330 curve in a few minutes, even it was 8 PM already by then, they gave me a SEALED handset, filled out all details and within next 24 hours i was activated with all services.
Although it cost me a lot of money but quick sales was nice to see.

I get not less than 500 business mails a day, and there have been only 1 or 2 outages, and one was very well attended by their blackberry support, and i was back to business in a few minutes.

Although its a strategic game with plan pricing in India, all operators would need you to be on their Rs.1000+ BB plan, cause other plans would drain a lot of money out of your pocket.

Lastly only problem with reliance is even after I have 3 postpaid connections with them (never been defaulter or late payer), i was given only Rs.500 as credit limit, and on the end of first month my service was suspended as generated bill was 1500+, and credit limit was 500, so i started paying them 1 month in advance and no more worry to get service interruptions.
Old 05-05-2009, 05:27 AM   #5
CoDudette

I've been a vodafone/hutch/orange/max touch customer since 1995.

vodafone wasn't the first carrier of BlackBerry, airtel came out with the first 8700's way before! however, one of my friends who's been on bb's since they came here into india has been fiercely devoted to airtel and has hardly had any problems with network outages!

when i first got the bold (on the very first day of it's release in Mumbai), the software they were running was .126. as a result, it was incompatible with the vodafone networks. the people at vodafone had absolutely no idea what the problem was. every time you'd ring up, they'd tell you that they were waiting for RIM to give them an answer! they said that it was a glitchy handset, so i asked for a replacement, but they asked me to wait!

it's just sad that they are so poor on customer service!
Old 05-08-2009, 09:22 AM   #6
ghpk
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8330
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Reliance India

yeah Airtel is more preferred by corporates too, only because of least outages.
Old 05-15-2009, 02:19 PM   #7
minty_male
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: BOLD
PIN: mypin = I can PIN = mypin
Carrier: Airtel-India

Quote:

MTNL Mumbai has just started a new plan with 3G for Rs.2500 wit un-ltd usage.
To be honest all the private service providers have to wait to start 3G, coz its not affordable for most of the users.

BTW I'm frm Cenrtral India & using Bold with Airtel
Old 05-15-2009, 02:37 PM   #8
minty_male

And yes, I pay 899 to Airtel for un-ltd data plan including modem usage. Some of my friends are using Voda @ same price, No wonder they paid same as you untill I told them a way to get Rs. 200 discount from next bill for BB services. I had almost suggested 50 people & now they are being charged 899 including modem usage.
Old 05-16-2009, 03:03 AM   #9
CoDudette

vodafone had severe outages over the last 3 days. ridiculous.
Old 05-16-2009, 03:18 AM   #10
minty_male

Quote:
vodafone had severe outages over the last 3 days. ridiculous.
Even AirTel had outage yesterday NooN
But got okay till eve.
Old 05-16-2009, 03:58 AM   #11
CoDudette

maybe it was an all out cellphone outage hee hee. seems alright for the moment.
Old 05-16-2009, 01:35 PM   #12
minty_male

yeap ! it's been better now..........................
Old 05-31-2009, 04:57 AM   #13
btushar
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9900
PIN: 27E9A046
Carrier: Vodafone

Quote:

Hi,
I am using the Vodafone from last one year in Mumbai but hardly found outages... anyways 3G spectrum is not yet allotted to private players in India so you have to wait for another 3 to 6 months.
Vodafone also have one 299 Prosumer plan which will allow you to access unlimited e-mails and messenger but no internet access at all.
Closed Thread