Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2011, 05:20 PM   #1
mhv

Model: 8520
PIN: N/A
Carrier: orange
Default 3rd BB same problem!!!!

Please Login to Remove!

I had a BB 8520 for about 8 months working fine. Then, one day it would not recharge. The mobile was completely dead. Brought to the service, and as it was under warranty, they took it and sent me a replacement. It was annoying loosing my settings, apps, etc., but it was fine. After I got used to the new one, and had all my settings again, new apps, emails, the same problem happened. Again, same script. Got to the shop, they took it and provided me a replacement. It seemed fine, until TODAY. I could not believe when today the battery was flat, because I had left it recharging all night. I then plugged it to the power and nothing happened. Totally dead again!!! I cannot believe I have to loose data in the device memory again, and start all over again with another device because they do not fix it, they replace it without saving any data.

Is there anyone who could advise me what to do??? I am considering buying a new battery, buut not sure if I am prepared to waste money and time. I have tried connecting it via USB on my laptop, but nothing happened. Tried to use a diffrente charger, and nothing. It seems to be the phone itself!!

Any help? Any advice? I am so sad I have no phone for the whole weekend and for who knows for how long. Is it ponly me, or is this a common problem with BB?

Old 10-15-2011, 05:57 PM   #2
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon
Default Re: 3rd BB same problem!!!!

Are you letting the battery run down past 20% on a regular basis? Allowing that to happen can damage the battery (and possibly the device itself) as Lithium batteries do not like to be run down. In fact, I have found that keeping the device topped off when near a power outlet actually helps.

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Old 10-15-2011, 06:03 PM   #3
mhv

Model: 8520
PIN: N/A
Carrier: orange
Default Re: 3rd BB same problem!!!!

I didn't know that! They could have told me when I had the problem the first time. Now maybe too late to this third device?! Getting a new battery to see if it's just it...if it's the device, then grrrrr another replacement!!!!! Thanks for the information
Closed Thread