Old 12-25-2011, 10:39 PM   #1
nathan62969
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: ATT
Default Bluetooth Help, Please

Please Login to Remove!

I'm not sure if this is really a Blackberry issue or bluetooth issue, but seems resolvable hopefully via Blackberry -- not sure if its an all Blackberry's issue or not, ...but thought I would try here in the 9800 forum, as that is my model...

I received a replacement Motorola HX550 Bluetooth. Not because of a problem with my previous Motorola HX550 (which I only had for one month), only to get a replacement ear hook....

Anyways, with the new HX550, for some reason, via using the media player, a different volume popup shows than the one I had with the older HX550.

The older popup, which I MUCH prefer, has the increasing, left-to-right meter -- i.e. as you increase the volume, the white band moves from left to right:

The newer popup, i.e. the one I now find with the newer HX550, is instead one with a negative (i.e. "-") on the left, and a positive (i.e. "+") on the right. Additional difference: Unlike the older version, one cannot turn the volume all the way off -- whether using the handheld volume buttons or the bluetooth volume buttons (this sucks). Instead, in order to turn the volume all the way off, you have to mute. I also think that the -- when I turn the volume down to the bottom (even though its not all the way off), I hear a chirping sound (saying I reached bottom) -- may be new too, but am not sure?

Also, as another side-negative-effect, using TuneIn Radio and using the new bluetooth, I can no longer turn the volume up/down using the handheld's up/down buttons?! I.e. can only turn the volume up/down using the bluetooth.

NOW, the real, unforgiveable problem is that, for some very bizarre reason (at least I think its bizarre), in then going back to and turning on the old HX550, I do not have the old volume popup or regular volume features either with the media player or with TuneIn Radio?!!! Its as if the new HX550 uploaded some kind of software replacement -- i.e. I'm stuck with the sucky features I only found once I turned on my new HX550.

Deleted both bluetooth profiles from the handheld. Pulled battery. Whether I turn on and pair with one or the other HX550, no difference -- same sucky volume features.

So, I'm really hoping that this is resolvable, -- like maybe, there is some kind of bluetooth profile file(s) inside my blackberry that I can (but as of yet have cannot) find and delete or other in order to, basically, turn on my older HX550 and find my old volume/volume popup features to use.

Has anyone experienced this before and/or any idea as to resolution to my desired end, please?
Closed Thread