Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2012, 04:41 PM   #1
pshute
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9800
Carrier: Optus
Default Patternlock interferes loses reminders and disables auto off

Please Login to Remove!

Patternlock seems to be the most recommended screen lock to get around this design problem, but I have a couple of problems with it (I'm using the Lite version).

- Auto off won't work, so the phone stays on all night. I have to turn it off manually, and it seems like auto on works ok.
- If a couple of calendar reminders pop up while the phone is locked, I only see the first one. If I swipe to unlock it, the second (and others) just disappear.

I can live with the first problem, but it looks like one might as well stop using reminders if one uses this product.
Old 02-19-2012, 05:11 PM   #2
pshute

Default Re: Patternlock interferes loses reminders and disables auto off

I took a chance and paid $3 for the full version, and found that now the reminders don't pop up AT ALL when it's locked! In the options I found the option to "allow programs to allow applications to pop up over lock screen", and now it seems to work beautifully.

Now I can work through all the reminders, opening, dismissing, snoozing, and those I've opened are still there once I've unlocked it.

It also allows auto off to work, which I didn't expect.

Among the dozens of useless cosmetic customisations available, there's one to allow the owner information to be displayed when locked. Nice feature, now if someone finds my phone, they can see the information instead of it being obscured by the standard Blackberry warning that the phone is locked.

I emailed the authors of this software about the problems with the Lite version, but never got a response. Good software, but it's always a risk if the authors won't communicate.
Old 02-19-2012, 05:16 PM   #3
tsac
BlackBerry God

Model: Z10
PIN: No Pin just a Tack
Carrier: at&t

A search on the internet indicates there are many problems with this app including one on a droid that allows someone to bypass the lock security. It may be the app is not very good for all it supposed to be.

Maybe an email to the developer would help.
Old 02-19-2012, 08:54 PM   #4
pshute

Default PatternLock loses reminders and disables auto off

That subject line should read "PatternLock loses reminders and disables auto off".
Old 02-20-2012, 05:00 PM   #5
pshute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsac View Post
A search on the internet indicates there are many problems with this app including one on a droid that allows someone to bypass the lock security. It may be the app is not very good for all it supposed to be.

Maybe an email to the developer would help.
I'm not fussed about anyone cracking the app's security, I just want to stop the touch screen causing problems when accidentally touched, e.g. when getting it in and out of my pocket or holster.

This app seems to have by far the most recommendations, so I'm not going to try any others. No point emailing them, as I've already done that and got no response.
Closed Thread