BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2011, 01:35 PM   #1
MarkPOLAND

Model: 9800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Orange
Default BB 9800 does not see the SIM card - broken pin?

Please Login to Remove!

Hello
I have such a problem as in the topic began with the exchange (I had trouble with the exchange, not pulled her by force, but somehow did not want to go lightly). I suspect that one thing is this should, please see the attached photos. it seems to me that somehow broke off contact.

I am offering links to the pictures:
img708.imageshack.us/img708/474/img6890w.jpg
img412.imageshack.us/img412/7105/img6892ed.jpg

Please check the BB 9800 users do you have at home all 6 contacts but from what is versed on ebay: ebay.co.uk/itm/Sim-Card-H...item415e35bd9c
This slot for this phone has 6 pins, which is what is missing in me.

please tell me whether this change is difficult, and requires some advanced equipment?

Somewhere I can find a replacement manual?

I'm sorry that I write on your forum but in POLAND is not too much hardware BlackBerry fanatics and our knowledge on this subject is not too big

I greet
Old 11-19-2011, 12:04 PM   #2
MarkPOLAND

Default Re: BB 9800 does not see the SIM card - broken pin?

Hello
Please help because I do not know what to do, nowhere I can not find the answer
Old 11-19-2011, 01:54 PM   #3
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon

Maybe take it to a repair shop to see what they say. Not able to see your pictures.

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Old 11-19-2011, 02:39 PM   #4
MarkPOLAND

<hahaha>

Thanks for the advise, very good advice! , I would at this I would not hit.

I am looking for someone who knows about these phones, or had such probelm.

I greet
Old 04-29-2012, 02:25 AM   #5
Safefoot

Carrier: Fido
Smile Re: BB 9800 does not see the SIM card - broken pin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkPOLAND View Post
Hello
I have such a problem as in the topic began with the exchange (I had trouble with the exchange, not pulled her by force, but somehow did not want to go lightly). I suspect that one thing is this should, please see the attached photos. it seems to me that somehow broke off contact.

I am offering links to the pictures:
img708.imageshack.us/img708/474/img6890w.jpg
img412.imageshack.us/img412/7105/img6892ed.jpg

Please check the BB 9800 users do you have at home all 6 contacts but from what is versed on ebay: ebay.co.uk/itm/Sim-Card-H...item415e35bd9c
This slot for this phone has 6 pins, which is what is missing in me.

please tell me whether this change is difficult, and requires some advanced equipment?

Somewhere I can find a replacement manual?

I'm sorry that I write on your forum but in POLAND is not too much hardware BlackBerry fanatics and our knowledge on this subject is not too big

I greet
Hahaha Okay so underneathe my flap I have EXACTLY the same problem except yours is in better condition than mine. LOL okay so you have your top pin still I am missing 2 out of 6 you have only 1 out of 6 missing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkPOLAND View Post
<hahaha>

Thanks for the advise, very good advice! , I would at this I would not hit.

I am looking for someone who knows about these phones, or had such probelm.

I greet
Honestly its the sim tray connectors we would need to get someone too solder new pin connectors are but I don't even know how mine dislodged too begin with. This is where the micro sd card would hide this anyway.

I do not own a hexkey or have the soldering tools too perform this fixing but I believe this can be repaired for under 30 dollars it is not a hard job I just do not know where too buy new pins to give a soldering guy.

Because once you have the pins its a 45 sec soldering job it just needs to be aligned so it fits through the sim tray.

I am without a phone atm so I am in a rush to get this fixed this week.

I will troll craigslist for a cheap fix. I will search now. I will also send you a pm.

I can post a picture but I don't know if that will help it just shows I am missing 1 more pin than you.

Old 04-29-2012, 08:14 AM   #6
dc/dc
Spam Reporter

Model: 6230
Carrier: Voicestream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safefoot View Post
Hahaha Okay so underneathe my flap I have EXACTLY the same problem except yours is in better condition than mine. LOL okay so you have your top pin still I am missing 2 out of 6 you have only 1 out of 6 missing.

Honestly its the sim tray connectors we would need to get someone too solder new pin connectors are but I don't even know how mine dislodged too begin with. This is where the micro sd card would hide this anyway.

I do not own a hexkey or have the soldering tools too perform this fixing but I believe this can be repaired for under 30 dollars it is not a hard job I just do not know where too buy new pins to give a soldering guy.

Because once you have the pins its a 45 sec soldering job it just needs to be aligned so it fits through the sim tray.

I am without a phone atm so I am in a rush to get this fixed this week.

I will troll craigslist for a cheap fix. I will search now. I will also send you a pm.

I can post a picture but I don't know if that will help it just shows I am missing 1 more pin than you.

You do realise this is a 6 month old thread right?