Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 02:34 PM   #1
Astaroth_PoD

Model: 8820
PIN: N/A
Carrier: TDC Song
Default Upgraded firmware, no Internet Mail available

Please Login to Remove!

I just upgraded my 8820 firmware to the latest firmware (in the stickies).

During the upgrade, it asked if I wanted Enterprise mail support (checkbox) and Internet Mail support (checkbox).
I happily ticked both, but then read the NOTE: at the bottom. It went something like - "If you want both Enterprise mail and Internet mail support, please check the Enterprise mail option". I took this as if I wanted both, it would suffice to check the Enterprise mail one. I didn't want to mess up the Enterprise mail.

However, now I am completely unable to configure an internet mail connection in any way or form, and more frustratingly, I have not found any way to get that checkbox choice back so I can tick both.

Anyone have a tip for how I can enable Internet mail (IMAP, gmail, BIS, anything) on it? Or how I can get my precious upgrade checkboxes back...?
Old 05-22-2008, 02:53 PM   #2
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

Welcome to the Forums.

It should have also completely backed up your device and restored everything (including your existing) to your device.

And actually, your mail settings on your BIS site are not touched on loading a new OS...the mail servers never even know, or car.
Old 05-23-2008, 02:47 AM   #3
Astaroth_PoD

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSanders View Post
Welcome to the Forums.

It should have also completely backed up your device and restored everything (including your existing) to your device.

And actually, your mail settings on your BIS site are not touched on loading a new OS...the mail servers never even know, or car.
Thanks

I only got the BB, and never added an internet account to it. Now after the upgrade, I can find no way to add one. All the instructions I can find online tell me to go to "Email Setup" or add a new account through the wizard, but there are no such options...

I'm thinking it might be an IT policy limitation, but how do I find out?

Last edited by Astaroth_PoD; 05-23-2008 at 03:00 AM..
Old 05-23-2008, 06:33 AM   #4
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

I"m thinking you might not have a BlackBerry Data Plan?
Old 05-27-2008, 03:15 AM   #5
Astaroth_PoD

Hm, I am at least able to connect with BES and browser... But the gmail application does not work (which I see is a common problem) and my bluetooth dialup modem only works a couple of times after a firmware upgrade/downgrade and then dies at PPP protocol negotiation without fail.
I'm really stumped at the weird problems I get with this device, it doesn't make much sense. Seems the provider (TDC/Vodafone) have some nasty configuration errors.
Closed Thread