Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2008, 06:15 PM   #1
Michel93

Model: 8120
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Tmobile
Exclamation Help! Blackberry 8120 won't connect to Wifi network

Please Login to Remove!

I just received the Blackberry 8120 from TMobile and while it's detecting my home network it's not able to connect. For the record, I made sure I input my hexidecimal code correctly, but I do have the network secured by with a password as well. However, the 8120 never asks me for the password, it just says it can't connect to the network.

My router is a Linksys WRT54G, and I am NOT running Hotspot@Home. I get my Internet through Time Warner Cable in NYC.

Any assistance appreciated,
Cheers!
Michel
Old 11-21-2008, 09:27 PM   #2
jessessayss
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8330
Carrier: verizon

Has any other BB devices been able to connect to your home network? Can you connect to other networks on your device?
Old 11-21-2008, 11:09 PM   #3
Michel93

My laptop hooks up happily via Wifi, and I have a desktop linked via cable to the router without any problems. It's a secure network, but I entered the hexadecimal code correctly (I checked). There are no other BB devices around.
Old 11-22-2008, 11:26 AM   #4
terra-ble

Carrier: c&w

i live in the caribbean and my service provider is Cable and Wireless, i to have just gotten a 8120 and i can find my wireless router but i cannot browse the internet i keep getting an unable to find server messege, please help. keep in mind i'm totaly clueless about this stuff. thanx in advance
Old 11-22-2008, 12:04 PM   #5
Trimix
BlackBerry Master

Model: 8320
PIN: infarina
Carrier: of alotta bacteria

Wirelessly posted

I had a lot of trouble connecting my Curve to a home wifi network (San Diego, Cox Cable). The phone could detect the wifi network but everytime I tried to connect to it, it would fail.

I ended up trying for about two weeks before it finally worked. I would also suggest disabling you password or firewall temporarily and see if you able to connect that way.I've found that sometimes BB work in mysterious ways -- all of a sudden things just work!
Old 11-24-2008, 10:51 AM   #6
Michel93

Trimix,

I tried disabling the password temporarily but that opens my network to outsiders, something I am not keen on doing. I use this network for secure transactions and want to keep it secure. I just can't believe that the BB 8120 isn't programmed to handle passwords or security issues.
Thanks!
Old 11-24-2008, 11:03 AM   #7
Trimix
BlackBerry Master

Model: 8320
PIN: infarina
Carrier: of alotta bacteria

Wirelessly posted

The BB is able to handle passwords but sometimes disabling it makes the process less complicated.

Hmm what sort of password protection do you have set on the router (WEP, WPA, etc.)?
Old 11-25-2008, 01:05 PM   #8
Michel93

Trimix,

I am travelling for Thanksgiving but will check it out when I get back, thanks for all your assistance.
Cheers!
Old 12-04-2008, 07:43 AM   #9
jsena702

Carrier: T-Mobile

I have just purchased a blackberry 8120 and it connected to my house network ONCE on the day I purchased it, but I don't know what to do because ever since I TRIED to reconnect it asked AGAIN for the pass code on the connection , which I put in CORRECTLY and it just says, "security key incorrect" which is bogus :(

I am never sure when it is connected with WIFI or when my call is being transmitted by WIFI connection (for free) or on the actual phone itself against my minutes and my account allotment :(

can someone help me out?
Closed Thread