BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2006, 08:44 PM   #1
efector

Model: 7520
Default Mail Rules Causing issues Domino 6.5.4

Please Login to Remove!

Hello. We are running Domino 6.5.4. I have installed BES 4.1.2 on a Domino server, but not our primary mail server. The server that BES is installed upon does NOT have a copy of our mail files. Is it necessary for BES to be installed on a server which has a copy of the mail files?

Secondly, I am using myself as the test subject for this implementation. I have a BB7520 from Nextel. I only get forwarded messages which are sent directly to my Notes inbox. I have many mail rules on my Notes client, and any mail which is received, which is subject to a mail rule, isnt being forwarded to my bb. Any ideas? I am sure I will not be the only person with mail rules, so I need to find out why this is happening. When I receive responses to this forum posts, I get a copy to my handheld, because its going directly to the inbox.

If I send a mail from my Notes Client, a copy of the sent item is put on my bb. If I make a calendar change, that is also sent to my bb, so my connection must be working somehow, so I need to resolve the mail rule issue.

What is the MSDE used for in relation to the BES? What data is stored here and how can it be 'emptied'. We will be rolling this out to about 250 users and I dont want to end up with storage issues if copies of mail are being held in the MSDE.

Thanks in advance!
Old 12-09-2006, 04:57 AM   #2
noname
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Location: Congested Islet of "Foreign Talents" (> 45% of workforce) - Singapore.
Model: Z10
PIN: NUKE(PAP)
Carrier: Singtel

BES can be AND should be installed on a seperate Domino server and not on an existing Domino mail server.

Your mail rule will be acting as a message filter if you have not set redirection for those subfolders where you are filtering your messages in Lotus Notes.

To enable folder redirection, go to BlackBerry device, go to Messages options, then "Email Settings", finally select "Folder Redirection".

Finally MSDE server is a small scale version of the MS SQL server, there is limited connections which your client app (in your case, BES) can connect to it. Sorry, I cannot recall the number off hand now. BES 4.0 or later requires either MSDE or SQL to store the BlackBerry related data. If your user base is expected to grow, I would suggest you option for MS SQL server.

Good luck, efector!