BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2007, 11:09 AM   #1
pauldumais
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
Carrier: Rogers
Default Idokorro Mobile Citrix Client Released!

Please Login to Remove!

Access and use any Citrix-published application from your BlackBerry!

Mobile Citrix Client is an ICA client for BlackBerry smartphones that allows you to access and use applications published on your Citrix Presentation Server™ from anywhere!

With Mobile Citrix Client you can run ANY Windows-based application like the Microsoft Office Suite, SAP, PeopleSoft, Crystal Reports, Cognos management tools and the Desktop, even view the graphical windows and control the mouse and keyboard, right from a BlackBerry smartphone.
By delivering a secure and reliable way for you to access your important corporate resources, Mobile Citrix Client significantly extends the value of shared applications, and makes it easier for you to get your job done.

Minumum system requirements
  • Any color BlackBerry smartphone
  • Wireless Internet Data Plan
  • 64 MB (or more) of memory
  • v4.0 or higher of the BlackBerry system software
We recommend that you use Mobile Citrix Client over high-speed networks like EDGE and EVDO.
Download your free trial now, or read more...

Buy now!

Get it now from our secure online store, or check out other ways to buy.
Mobile Citrix Client is priced and licensed per BlackBerry smartphone.

Devices Price per device
1-99 $35
100-199 $30 (more than 10% off)
200-499 $25 (more than 20% off)
500-999 $20 (more than 30% off)
1000+ contact sales

More information about pricing

Download a fully-functional, 30-day free trial

Try Mobile Citrix Client for free! Just use the Internet browser on your BlackBerry smartphone to go to: http://mobile.idokorro.com and follow the instructions; or download the trial software to your desktop and install it to your smartphone from there.

"As a global company, providing services around-the-clock is imperative. One way to accomplish this is to provide our employees with access to a wide range of applications from BlackBerry smartphones. By delivering these capabilities in a secure, intuitive, and easy-to-deploy solution, Idokorro's new Mobile Citrix Client will quite simply change the landscape of productivity."

- Bill Townsend, System Analyst from CH2M HILL

Technical support
If you have any questions or require any assistance, please check out our Support FAQ for Mobile Citrix Client, or feel free to contact our support team:

Email: support@idokorro.com
Toll-Free: 1-888-IT-ADMIN, press 2 (1-888-482-3646, press 2)
International: +1 613-789-1818, press 2

Check out Idokorro's other cool applications for wireless handhelds

For more information about our company or products, or to download a free 30-day trial of any Idokorro application, please visit www.idokorro.com.
Old 03-26-2007, 11:46 AM   #2
rivviepop
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8320
PIN: n/a
Carrier: t-mobile

That is a truly beautifully formatted forum post! I've never even used Citrix whatever stuff, but it made me click on the 'read more' just because I was curious. kudos!
Old 03-26-2007, 05:20 PM   #3
mendelec

Model: 8700g

I'm in the process of giving it a workout, but it'll have to wait for this evening. Seems real promising, though I can see how a trackball would be really useful for this. In some ways navigation is easier than I expected and in other ways it's more difficult. There's a whole slew of new shortcuts to learn and perhaps operation will go more smoothly when they become a bit more second nature. I'm thinking this could turn out to be an incredibly useful program.
Old 03-26-2007, 10:49 PM   #4
SchmutzBerry
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8800
Carrier: Evil Mr. Rogers

this looks soooo delicious.
unfortunately, i don't think any bes provider for example will bundle a citrix server hosting solution? you have to be part of an enterprise that already has this.
i stand to be corrected (i hope.)
Old 03-29-2007, 10:25 AM   #5
dheida
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9650
Carrier: VZW

My 7250 won't handle it...I'll get my boss hooked on his 7130 though.
Old 03-29-2007, 11:08 AM   #6
takeshi
BlackBerry Mensa

Model: 8310
Carrier: at&t

It looks like you do need to be on a BES with a Citrix server (and associated apps) on the same network. It's a bit sluggish on EDGE but it definitely works. We have Remote Desktop published on Citrix and it's a bit awkward on an 8700. I'd like to try this with an 8800 but mine is a personal device and I don't want to put it through Enterprise Activation on our BES.
Old 03-29-2007, 01:22 PM   #7
rjw3000
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Charm
Carrier: T-Mobile

This thing looks pretty interesting and I could maybe use this in certain situations. I was looking at the settings and it gives you 3 options, direct TCP, MDS and BIS (not sure what the BIS one is). I would try it, but I am not in IT anymore, so I'd have to ask someone to get me the server IP, etc....no thanks, too much hassle. I think the published apps we have would bring it to a crawl is my guess.
Old 03-29-2007, 02:08 PM   #8
pauldumais
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjw3000
This thing looks pretty interesting and I could maybe use this in certain situations. I was looking at the settings and it gives you 3 options, direct TCP, MDS and BIS (not sure what the BIS one is). I would try it, but I am not in IT anymore, so I'd have to ask someone to get me the server IP, etc....no thanks, too much hassle. I think the published apps we have would bring it to a crawl is my guess.
If your BlackBerry device is using a BlackBerry Enterprise Server (your corportate email is sent automatically to your device) then just select MDS. The BIS option is for people who do not have a BES server and want to connect over the internet.

For the hostname/ip, simply enter the hostname that you would enter in the web browser to access your citrix web interface from your desktop PC at work.

If you need help, just call our awesome support team and they can help you, 1-888-IT-ADMIN .
Old 04-02-2007, 12:05 AM   #9
brufi
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: Curve
Carrier: T-Online Germany
Default BES but non BES Citrix

I work as a consult to one co and with my 8700 I am part of their BES.

I have my own little co where we work on a server with Citrix Access Essentials 1.5

How would I access the Citrix environment?

What footprint dataload per screen or screen-refresh does the client generate (as I am traveling a lot internationally and dataplans internationally is very limited)

Thanks
Old 04-04-2007, 10:38 AM   #10
mendelec

Model: 8700g

So far, I've been very pleased with the responsiveness of Idokorro to my questions. Sure, it's sluggish and there are a couple of features missing that I could (and have) wished for, but this morning I was able to review a redlined version of a doc on our system during my commute in on the train. -something that I'd ordinarily need my laptop (with the BB as a modem) and an extra keyfob with a security code to do.

Kudos to Idokorro!

E
Old 04-04-2007, 06:00 PM   #11
jcalchi

Model: 8100
Carrier: AT&T

Are there any special settings or provisions required on the Citrix side to allow access?

Our Citrix server is on the same domain as our BES. However, I get an error message saying the server is not available. I have entered the address both as the IP and by the server name. The server's URL is https://access.domain.com. I am entering access.domain.com on the BlackBerry.

Looks to be a very promising package!
Old 04-04-2007, 06:29 PM   #12
pauldumais
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcalchi
Are there any special settings or provisions required on the Citrix side to allow access?

Our Citrix server is on the same domain as our BES. However, I get an error message saying the server is not available. I have entered the address both as the IP and by the server name. The server's URL is https://access.domain.com. I am entering access.domain.com on the BlackBerry.

Looks to be a very promising package!
The citrix client connects to the citrix server using the BES servers MDS component. So you need to enter the ip or hostname that is resolvable from the BES server. So essentially you should be able to make a connection from the BES to the citrix server on port 1494, and make sure the BES server can ping that address.

Contact our support team at [email address] and they can help you with more detailed information!
Old 04-09-2007, 05:41 PM   #13
Dan-BB

Model: 8100
Thumbs up

Citrix client works very well. Most of our apps are run this way so this is a huge help to the IT Staff. Great job!
Old 04-11-2007, 02:18 PM   #14
pauldumais
Thumbs Must Hurt

An updated version of the Mobile Citrix Client for BlackBerry is now available.

Some users have seen the error message: "To log on to this remote computer, you must have Terminal Server User Access permissions on this computer..." This error used to occur when users tried to access applications hosted on a secondary Citrix Presentation Server running Windows 2003. This issue has been resolved.

This version also resolves several bug reports, including an issue related to sending keystrokes (such as PageUp and PageDown) from the "Show Extras" screen.

You can download the new version over the air using your BlackBerry web Browser from: mobile.idokorro.com

Please note that this new version requires that you have the Citrix XML Service running on your server, you do not need the Web Interface installed. If your XML Service is running on a custom port you must enter it when you launch the Mobile Citrix Client using the format "Citrix Server: myserver:port".
Old 04-11-2007, 05:50 PM   #15
mattk0
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon

Anyone know if the BES has to be on the same domain as my citrix servers? I continue to get errors saying: "Invalid username, password or domain, please make sure you have entered valid information"

Additionally, if it can work with them on the same domain, which domain is it looking for me to identify on the login screen? Thanks!
Old 04-11-2007, 05:57 PM   #16
pauldumais
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattk0
Anyone know if the BES has to be on the same domain as my citrix servers? I continue to get errors saying: "Invalid username, password or domain, please make sure you have entered valid information"

Additionally, if it can work with them on the same domain, which domain is it looking for me to identify on the login screen? Thanks!
No the BES does not need to be on the same domain as your Citrix servers. It sounds like the connectivity between your BES and your Citrix servers is fine, otherwise you would not see the login screen.

Try entering the same username/password/domain that you do when you login to the Citrix Web Interface. Be careful to enter your password properly, we have seen with our other products quite a few people have difficulty typing passwords on BlackBerry devices if your password contains odd characters. If you still have problems please contact our support team and we can help debug further, [email address] .
Closed Thread