Old 12-17-2009, 06:33 PM   #1
bassmish

Model: 8520
PIN: N/A
Carrier: ?
Default Outlook express e-mail problems

Please Login to Remove!

greetings,

wondering if anybody could help me with setting up my outlook express e-mail on my bb. I've got 2 hotmail accounts working fine, but the outlook express won't work for some reason.

for the first day of setting it up I received a couple of e-mails to my phone from this account, but I cannot send them at all and no longer receive them

I assume I have to do something to set up outlook e-mails but I can't work out what it is! (I really hate outlook express because it makes everything difficult but have to use it for uni)

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Hamish
Old 12-17-2009, 06:57 PM   #2
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Wirelessly posted (8820)

First things first... You do have a blackberry data plan on your account right? And you say you successfully set up the hotmail accounts on the blackberry?

Whan you added the other account (the one you access via OE), did you get confirmation that the accounts were added successfully, and do you have an icon for that account on the blackberry?
Old 12-17-2009, 11:44 PM   #3
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon

Actually, email does not come from Outlook. Outlook or Outlook Express is just an email client on your PC. The mail actually comes from your ISP or your Exchange servers and is ushed to your device by RIM.

Are you saying that you are trying to add your hotmail to Outlook Express? Or you have an email account that is sent to OE and you also want to receive that on your BB?

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Old 12-18-2009, 09:41 AM   #4
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Wirelessly posted (8820)

Hamish, update? Did you figure it out?
Old 01-09-2010, 08:46 PM   #5
bassmish

Model: 8520
PIN: N/A
Carrier: ?

hello, thanks for the replies, sorry I've had computer problems and haven't been able to get back to them.

unfortunately still haven't worked out my problem but to clarify the situation:

I'm trying to receive the e-mails from my outlook express account to my blackberry 8520.

It works fine for my two existing hotmail accounts but not for outlook express.

For the first couple of days of setting my e-mails up when I got the phone the outlook express folder (the icon as you called it aiharkness) on my bb received e-mails but I never managed to send any. After about 2 days it stopped both receiving and sending them for this account but the icon remains. a bit annoying.

hope that makes things clearer, seems I was a bit ambiguous with my original post.

The only thing I can think that might be wrong is that I may have entered the incorrect url for the e-mail when setting the account up. but since it worked for the first day or two I guess this is not the case. I have asked around at uni for people who've successfully done this and although I haven't found anyone who can tell me how to do it I have heard that there is a specific process to go through which is rather long winded due to the general useless-ness of outlook express. google search doesn't bring up any answers.

if you have any ideas that would be brilliant.

P.S. @ Dubdub: nice name!

oh one more question: anyone know if there's an application for fruity loops on bb? The chap at the phone shop told me there was but I can't find anything, rather disappointing. thinking about going and asking for some money back! I was so excited about being able to make tunes on the train!..

cheers
Old 01-09-2010, 10:06 PM   #6
jwillisbarrie

Model: 9700
Carrier: Bell Mobility

It might be obvious but does your email require your to authenticate to SEND. Bell Sympatico just changed their email at the beginning of January to new servers that require authentication (on the advanced options screen on outlook express setup).

Jim

Last edited by jwillisbarrie; 01-09-2010 at 10:14 PM.. Reason: spelling error fix
Old 01-11-2010, 10:41 AM   #7
takeshi
BlackBerry Mensa

Model: 8310
Carrier: at&t

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassmish View Post
I assume I have to do something to set up outlook e-mails but I can't work out what it is! (I really hate outlook express because it makes everything difficult but have to use it for uni)
The mail client on your PC is irrelevant. You keep mentioning Outlook Express but what type of accounts are these? What type of mail server do the accounts run on? That's what BIS connects to.

If you're not sure then what type of information did you supply to set up the accounts with BIS? You mention a URL?

Last edited by takeshi; 01-11-2010 at 10:42 AM..
Closed Thread