Old 02-04-2012, 09:28 AM   #1
alonzop
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9930
PIN: N/A
Carrier: vzw
Default MobilTracker (gps app)

Please Login to Remove!

Blackberry 9930 using MobileTracker from blackberry apps. (4.99)

Anyone here familiar with the `MobileTracker' application from Skylab-mobilesystems?

I wonder if I'm doing something wrong or what... but I never see the GPS fix reported on the main page... Latitude,Longitude and Altitude just say `n/a'.

I know gps is on since other gps apps are reporting my position just fine.

But in MobileTracker I click on the `start tracking' button, but nothing is ever tracked. When I turn tracking off, I'm told `not enough waypoints to export'.

Anyone?
Old 02-04-2012, 09:45 AM   #2
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA
Default Re: MobilTracker (gps app)

I don't know the app, but some obvious questions:

Have you tried a battery pull?

When you installed the app, did you accept the necessary permissions?

Did you look through the app options and drill down? You would think the default settings would not be a problem, but sometimes you never know.

Did you try deleting the app and then reinstalling?

Maybe you already thought of these, but gotta ask because you don't say.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Old 02-04-2012, 09:50 AM   #3
alonzop

Quote:
Originally Posted by aiharkness View Post
I don't know the app, but some obvious questions:

Have you tried a battery pull?

When you installed the app, did you accept the necessary permissions?

Did you look through the app options and drill down? You would think the default settings would not be a problem, but sometimes you never know.

Did you try deleting the app and then reinstalling?

Maybe you already thought of these, but gotta ask because you don't say.
Should all of that be necessary, or would it indicate a problem with the applicaiton?

I did try reinstall and battery pull.

There are very few options that appear able to cause the application not to work.

Far as permissions... I just accepted it as trusted application.

I hope to hear from someone who does not the application.
Old 02-04-2012, 10:04 AM   #4
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Contact the developer is the next step. I don't think being familiar with the app matters here. You've done what you can do ... You accepted the developer's required permissions, you've tried a hard reset, other apps that use the GPS work ok ... The only other thing to try is perhaps a security wipe or full wipe and start over, or try different OS version, but I would see what the developer says first. Chances are you'll get a reply before someone here comes along running the same OS as you on the same model and can say either way whether the app works for them.
Old 02-10-2012, 11:16 AM   #5
alonzop

Quote:
Originally Posted by aiharkness View Post
Contact the developer is the next step. I don't think being familiar with the app matters here. You've done what you can do ... You accepted the developer's required permissions, you've tried a hard reset, other apps that use the GPS work ok ... The only other thing to try is perhaps a security wipe or full wipe and start over, or try different OS version, but I would see what the developer says first. Chances are you'll get a reply before someone here comes along running the same OS as you on the same model and can say either way whether the app works for them.
Of course being familiar with the app matters... I'd like to know if anyone has gotten mobileTracker working... In order to know that, I will need to hear from someone familiar with it.

I did contact Skylabs. So far I've been told to `refresh gps'.

My manual gives directions to do so.... when I follow them I never see the alleged `refresh location' menu item.

I then called blackberry tech number. I was told the newer blackberrys (9900, 9930) have that procedure blocked. Supposed to be so that blackberry can insure user has the best possible gps pickup... In other words so that user cannot interfere with it and cause problems.

At any rate I was told it is not possible on my handset, even though the manual clearly states that it is.

I've conveyed that information to skylabs and waiting now to hear from them again.

For what it is worth, it would seem that if I can get gps cooridnates from several other applications, that should indicate GPS is available..

Has anyone here ever gotten mobileTracker, or `GPS Waypoint Manager' to work on a blackberry?... both are skylabs products.
Old 02-10-2012, 02:43 PM   #6
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

So, you have your opinion and I have mine. And you did contact the developer, and you got a response from the developer, and yet no response from another user here...which is what I predicted would happen. But I'm sorry to hear the developer didn't solve the problem for you.
Closed Thread