BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2014, 02:44 AM   #1
Mikeatbb

Model: 9730
PIN: N/A
Carrier: o2
Default Looking for BASIC accounting software. Not for banking.

Please Login to Remove!

Hi all.

I have a BB9730 for work use. I work as a Dog Warden for a council and I regularly return strays etc. For this we charge and the people I return them to often haven't the money to pay the fee in one. So, I want to keep an account of who has paid what.

"Let the finance section do that!" I hear you bay. We did, but new rules mean we can't raise an invoice for any sum under £50 so we now end up going back and chasing up fees or they'll be lost.

What I want is a small app that can create an account, "Mrs Miggins of 1 Acacia Avenue, London", note the amount, "£80 owed" and note the amount and date a payment is received and keep a balance. If it can be shared between 2 BB's so much the better so we won't door knock for a fee recently collected.

This is no place for a discussion on the rights or wrongs of us doing debt collectors jobs or how the council should have systems in place please.

I currently have two outstanding debts, that's all, but it's easy to forget and I don't want to leave pieces of paper or books in the van with that sort of info. I'm sure there's a note taking app in there somewhere but I want the app to do the counting for me.

Thanks for reading.

Mike.
Old 06-04-2014, 05:15 PM   #2
tsac
BlackBerry God

Model: Z10
PIN: No Pin just a Tack
Carrier: at&t
Default Re: Looking for BASIC accounting software. Not for banking.

You can put notes in the word doc's or use Doc's to Go.
They have an XL you can make into a form.

you can also do an internet search for a credit card reader that works on blackberrys.

I found 5 or 6 available free to the user. This all depends on how you want to bill
Old 07-01-2014, 05:02 AM   #3
Monikasodomka
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: Z30
Carrier: O2

[QUOTE=Mikeatbb;1811971]Hi all.

What I want is a small app that can create an account, "Mrs Miggins of 1 Acacia Avenue, London", note the amount, "£80 owed" and note the amount and date a payment is received and keep a balance. If it can be shared between 2 BB's so much the better so we won't door knock for a fee recently collected.

Hey Mikeatbb

Don't know if you've solved your problem yet but I use Sage 50 on my BB and it works really well, especially on the go! Here's where I got mine from: Sage 50 Mobile | Access Sage 50 Accounts data from your Mobile device. I used the free trial, which could be good for you to get an idea if its suitable?
Old 07-14-2014, 04:31 AM   #4
Mikeatbb

Model: 9730
Carrier: o2

Hi and thanks for the suggestion. They won't pay for the software and sage is a bit too much for this kind of stuff anyway. We'll stick with the backs of our diaries for now!
Closed Thread