Old 04-23-2005, 07:49 PM   #21
vinniet
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8320
Carrier: TMO

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Rejhon
If you are somebody who wants to reinstall BlackBerryTools onto SourceForge, please contact me by PM.

According to the GNU General Public License, the BlackBerryTools source code belongs to the public.
All,

I am trying to create a sourceforge project. I used the same name as before, BBtools. I am have been going back and forth with SourceForge admin trying to give the information that they want. If all goes well I will have the project setup and can install the code there by next week.

I am looking for people who would like to take the project forward and imporve on what Chris Miles has created. Please PM me if you are interested in working on the project.

I think we all should thank Mark for working so hard tracking down the source code. Also for Chris Miles for creating some of the best programs made for the BlackBerry.

Vinnie
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 03:23 AM   #22
greenhut
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8300
Carrier: tmo

Hi PDHLA,

We've been offering nearly a 30% discount since release. The details are:

SPECIAL OFFER for blackberryforums members:

Use coupon code bbforumsapril when checking out for $10 off the $35 fee to remove advertising.

It's not in a sticky, so falls out of view:

http://www.blackberryforums.com/show...4999#post44999

jeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDHLA
Sure would be nice if the developers of bbSpell would offer a discount for Blackberry Forum members. Pocket Express has been offering a 20% discount for forum members and I'm giving some serious consideration to purchasing it with the discount.
Old 04-24-2005, 12:45 PM   #23
NXTL*BRIAN
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7520
Default Bbtoday

How Would I Go About Getting The Location Id For My City. Barbourville Ky?
Old 04-24-2005, 01:12 PM   #24
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Model: 8330
PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS

zip code
Old 04-25-2005, 05:30 PM   #25
PDHLA

Model: 7100T

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhut
Hi PDHLA,

We've been offering nearly a 30% discount since release. The details are:

SPECIAL OFFER for blackberryforums members:

Use coupon code bbforumsapril when checking out for $10 off the $35 fee to remove advertising.

It's not in a sticky, so falls out of view:

http://www.blackberryforums.com/show...4999#post44999

jeff
Well, I'm heading over to the web site to purchase. $25 seems reasonable to me and I appreciate your re-posting the offer here.

Cheers.
Old 04-26-2005, 02:11 AM   #26
Mark Rejhon
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: Bold
Carrier: Rogers

I should mention that SomeDevelopers.com is now a sponsor of BlackBerryForums.com so this offer is welcomed!
www.xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0301.html - specification
www.realjabber.org - open source
Old 04-26-2005, 05:44 AM   #27
occitan

Model: 7100v
Default DNS woes

Many thanks for providing these utilities, I've installed BBToday on my new Blackberry 7100v and I find it very useful indeed.

However, I have not managed to get the Weather module to work. I do not use a BES, but connect directly - is that called WAP Transport ? My assumption is that this means I should select Disable MDS Proxy, as if I understand correctly, MDS is a feature of BES.

My GPRS ADN is correctly set to wapsfr, as per my Services entry, however although my browser works fine, the weather module fails with Bad DNS Address, and Malformed Address. Returning Null.

I see in a number of places info about configuring WAP transport for java apps :-

http://www.reqwireless.com/support_bb_wap.html
http://www.simprit.com/miniexcel/support_faq_bb.html

However, I don;t see a way of configuring that in BBweather. Is there a way to get BBweather to work with WAP transport users ?

Cheers
Old 04-26-2005, 08:52 AM   #28
Mark Rejhon
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: Bold
Carrier: Rogers

Check the Configuring Internet FAQ inside my BlackBerry FAQ below. You may wish to test out other third party Internet software (non-web-browser based) and see what happens.
www.xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0301.html - specification
www.realjabber.org - open source
Old 04-26-2005, 10:02 AM   #29
superrubber

Question Problem with BBWeather Connecting

I have just installed BBWeather for the first time. When I try to load it, it says "Error: Could not find a service book entry for IPPP". When I look in options under service books, it shows a service book for IPPP. I tried clicking the Disable MDS Proxy option, and then it says "Error: could not open tunnel - failed." Any ideas on what may be causing this issue? I'm on T-Mobile with a 7100t. All other web based things are working fine (browser, IM).

Thanks in advance.
Old 04-26-2005, 10:24 AM   #30
vinniet

All,

I have brought back the BBTools SourceForge site and will include the programs BBCorrector, BBLight, BBWeather, BBToday, & BBReply. The URL is the same as before:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/blackberrytools/

I am working on getting the source code and binaries put into the CVS. I have to say this is my first time using SourceForge form the admin side so I am learning.

AGAIN I am looking for anyone who would like to work on the project to extend the functionality of the programs. PM me if you are interested.

Vinnie
Old 04-27-2005, 08:27 AM   #31
Jason_AB
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: BOLD
Carrier: at&t
Question

I have BBToday installed on my 7520 and LOVE IT, almost could say I couldn’t live without it. Can someone tell me the difference between BBWeather & BBToday’s weather area.
Old 04-27-2005, 12:07 PM   #32
tvaldez

Carrier: ...

BBweather won't work for me. What am I doing wrong? I'm a newbie, so please have mercy on me! 7520 running OS 4.0, BBlight works great. When I try to get a weather update I always get a popup error: Could not find a service book entry for IPPP. What does that mean, and how can I get past it? TIA!
Old 04-27-2005, 12:21 PM   #33
tvaldez

Carrier: ...

Never mind! I got it to work. After doing more searching on this board, I found out that I had to disable the built-in firewall and ALSO disable the MDS proxy in the program. Then it worked perfectly! Would be nice to have a tiny little help file that goes with the zip to explain things like this...

Wish I could get BBtoday weather to work at all. Every time I try to change the location ID it always goes back to some place in Texas! Not that TX is a bad state, it just isn't where I am right now...
Old 04-27-2005, 04:54 PM   #34
occitan

Model: 7100v

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Rejhon
Check the Configuring Internet FAQ inside my BlackBerry FAQ below. You may wish to test out other third party Internet software (non-web-browser based) and see what happens.
Hi Mark, many thanks for the FAQ, which I had followed religiously.

o I have a 7100v, with OS 3.8.0.128
o The APN is set to wapsfr, as per the details in the service book entry
o i've disabled the firewall
o TLS is set to Handheld, (whatever that means).

My BB browser works perfectly, and I can surf the web and wap sites without a problem, and retreive e-mail (NB I don't connect to a BES).

In the weather module of BBtoday all I get is Bad DNS address, or Malformed URL.

In the IPPP service book entry it had an APN of blackberry.net. I tried that, but it didn't help either.

Looking at the BBtoday code, I see that it uses the directive deviceside=true in the URL for non-BES use. However looking at configuration info in the BB developer documentation, and for various third party tools, it mentions one should specify WapGatewayIP and
WapGatewayAPN in the URL.

As far as I can understand, deviceside=true only works for certain networks.

http://www.jasonlam604.com/tipshints...blackberry.php

Unless someone has a workaround, I guess I'll have to wait till the code is changed to allow the gateway and apn info to be added to the BBtoday preferences.

Cheers
Guy
Old 04-27-2005, 05:12 PM   #35
jchamlee

Model: 7250

I am a newbie and just purchased a 7250 this week. I am trying to download BB Tools (Today, Weather, etc) and I need some help. I downloaded the files to My Computer, and they are showing up in zip format...all files, inlcuding the alx applications. I opened Desktop Mgr and Application Loader. When I open App Loader, it shows Attachement Support, Languages, etc. I then selected Add and browsed to find the location of the files. When I select BBToday.alx I get a pop up stating "No additional applications for your handheld were found." HELP!
Old 04-27-2005, 05:12 PM   #36
nextelnutt
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7100
Carrier: Nextel

This is great. I cant wait to get home and load it up.

Nextelnutt
Old 04-27-2005, 07:52 PM   #37
biellos
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: tmobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchamlee
I am a newbie and just purchased a 7250 this week. I am trying to download BB Tools (Today, Weather, etc) and I need some help. I downloaded the files to My Computer, and they are showing up in zip format...all files, inlcuding the alx applications. I opened Desktop Mgr and Application Loader. When I open App Loader, it shows Attachement Support, Languages, etc. I then selected Add and browsed to find the location of the files. When I select BBToday.alx I get a pop up stating "No additional applications for your handheld were found." HELP!
Jchamlee... same thing happened to me. When I unzipped the folder, I moved the .alx icon into the my docs folder and I got the message you are getting. I went back and moved both the .alx and the .cod files into the my docs and was able to load them into the Desktop Manager and on the BB. Hope that helps...
Old 04-28-2005, 09:31 AM   #38
vinniet

Hello all ... I have completed the recreation of the SourceForge site for BlackBerryTools (BBCorrector, BBLight, BBWeather, BBToday, & BBReply). The URL is the same as before:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/blackberrytools/

The download can be accessed from there and also the sourcecode is in the CVS repository.

PM me if you have any questions.
Old 04-28-2005, 11:55 AM   #39
jchamlee

Model: 7250

Works now. Thanks!
Old 04-29-2005, 01:21 AM   #40
woyteg
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700g
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvaldez
Never mind! I got it to work. After doing more searching on this board, I found out that I had to disable the built-in firewall and ALSO disable the MDS proxy in the program. Then it worked perfectly! Would be nice to have a tiny little help file that goes with the zip to explain things like this...

Wish I could get BBtoday weather to work at all. Every time I try to change the location ID it always goes back to some place in Texas! Not that TX is a bad state, it just isn't where I am right now...
I punched my zip code in BBToday and it works ok. But I cannot get to work BB Weather.

Last edited by woyteg; 04-29-2005 at 12:26 PM..