BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2005, 02:24 PM   #1
PureShakti

Default Device Error 507 (model 6280)

Please Login to Remove!

This error message just came up while device was sitting on desk (not attached via USB to computer) I've called my provider who says nothing can be done when this happens except to reload applications and loose all data (which I have not backed up for awhile!: (

blackberry site says:

507 ...Unsatisfied Link A dependency on a .COD file could not be satisfied because the .COD file is missing.

and

Problem -You receive the following error on your handheld while using Application Loader to install handheld software:**** I was not using device at all when this happened!!!

Device Error 507 -This error indicates that no applications are loaded on the handheld.

Cause: During the Application Loader process, the existing applications on the handheld are erased, but Application Loader fails to load the new applications; resulting in a Device Error 507 message on the handheld.

As said above, I was not using device at all, it was not connected to desktop when this error msg occurred. I had just used phone ...next time I look at it...the 507 error is there. I have removed SIM card and battery but it keeps coming back.

To use reload application wizard - the function of saving data is greyed out, and my provider says I will lose all data...they cannot tell me why this has happened or how to possibly save data???

Last edited by PureShakti; 03-21-2005 at 02:29 PM..
Old 03-21-2005, 02:37 PM   #2
bfrye
BBF Veteran User

Model: OU812
Carrier: Nintendo

That's correct. Something or another got corrupted within the OS and it will have to be reloaded. All I can recommend is to backup your device every so often in the future just in case this happens again. :(
Old 03-21-2005, 03:09 PM   #3
PureShakti

My provider says this 507 error (and 105) has happened intermittently since the upgrade of service pack 1 on certain models not utilizing 4.0 OS. I'm on 3.7 OS per our corporate policy. The Service pack 1 occcurred a couple of months ago now. My service provider has supposedly notified RIM in February providing examples of issue including actual customer devices. They tell me RIM's response: upgrading to 4.0 will resolve issue - data cannot be retrieved though.

Thanks RIM (and my provider) for making your users aware this is a known issue. Yes I should have backed up... Still would have been nice customer service to acknowledge this issue was known potential by-product of service pack 1!
Closed Thread