BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2008, 02:30 PM   #21
TheBigNewt
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8900
Carrier: Tmobile

Please Login to Remove!

The new BB Bold spiel made it to bb website I like the thing a lot, I'm ready for a bigger screen and some more memory than my Pearl has. Bring it on!
Old 05-13-2008, 12:14 AM   #22
jaxberry
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8330
Carrier: VZW

Quote:
Originally Posted by numetheus View Post
On my island, I can get a 1990 geo metro with a new 2008 stereo system, 3rd party fog lamps, and a turbo charger from 2005! Doesn't make it a new car ... just newly added stuff.

And ... if you took offense to that you take your phones way too seriously. It was just a silly analogy. Smell roses, live life.
no offense whatsoever. but on your island, if you are driving a geo metro with upgraded parts (like the ones you mentioned), it's still an upgrade if everybody else on your island is driving a 1990 geo metro with no upgrades, right?

how's the saying go? "in the land of the blind, the man with one eye is king."

i'm already in strawberry fields thinking of something else. moving on...
Old 05-13-2008, 11:23 AM   #23
jor17
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8703e
Carrier: Verizon

per BGR, May 2009:

BlackBerry Javelin and BlackBerry Niagara explained! | The Boy Genius Report
Old 05-13-2008, 11:31 AM   #24
Blackberryer
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by numetheus View Post
And 3G Internet with the ability to check email and talk voice at the same time. But that in trade for battery life far less than my GSM curve. To be fair, the BB 9000 will have HSDPA in the GSM one, taking down its battery life too. BUT, at least in the GSM model we will be able to turn OFF 3G to conserve battery and still have EDGE data. CDMA variants will not have that option (luxury). And just the fact it is CDMA will still guarantee worse battery life even with data turned off.

BUT I still see Verizon as being a really good carrier. I have been with them for a very long time, but my love for devices is what causes me to go to AT&T (verizon sucks with new and good units). If phone manufacturers magically decided to produce lots of CMDA phones, and the selection was better, I would most definitely go back to Verizon.
Same here. I left VZW (and BB) a year ago to switch to AT&T. Coverage is excellent in my area, but voice clarity is still a peg behind what I had with VZW. Now that I'm on AT&T and considering switching back to a BB (I have an iPhone), it's nice to know that I'll have the latest and greatest available to me.
Old 05-13-2008, 01:49 PM   #25
fractured
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Curve
PIN: N/A
Carrier: at&t

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackberryer View Post
Same here. I left VZW (and BB) a year ago to switch to AT&T. Coverage is excellent in my area, but voice clarity is still a peg behind what I had with VZW. Now that I'm on AT&T and considering switching back to a BB (I have an iPhone), it's nice to know that I'll have the latest and greatest available to me.
My biggest complaint with AT&T is voice quality. If I wasn't in contract, I would switch back to VZW today. I could care less how cool a phone is, it's still a phone and voice quality remains a top priority for me.
Old 05-13-2008, 02:56 PM   #26
numetheus
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9000
PIN: 20FA40E8
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxberry View Post
no offense whatsoever. but on your island, if you are driving a geo metro with upgraded parts (like the ones you mentioned), it's still an upgrade if everybody else on your island is driving a 1990 geo metro with no upgrades, right?

how's the saying go? "in the land of the blind, the man with one eye is king."

i'm already in strawberry fields thinking of something else. moving on...
Good point. LOL.

http://www.facebook.com/numetheus
Old 05-13-2008, 03:02 PM   #27
numetheus
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by fractured View Post
My biggest complaint with AT&T is voice quality. If I wasn't in contract, I would switch back to VZW today. I could care less how cool a phone is, it's still a phone and voice quality remains a top priority for me.
Yeah it depends on your needs. I didn't get my BB OR use any of the smartphones because of the phone. I am using my BB because of the communication features that rely on data. The voice reception can make me sound like a dying squirrel and I would not care. I would just change my name to Theodore and continue to use email and make calls with my new name.

So for me, the unit itself with data features are top priority, phone is second. THAT ... and AT&T and VZW are similar anyway in my area, and you get why I use AT&T. You want better upper end phones sooner, you go to AT&T. You want good call quality and lower end phones now or upper end phones later than everyone else, you go VZW.

http://www.facebook.com/numetheus
Closed Thread