Old 10-17-2008, 05:34 PM   #21
BB4Life
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimjimc View Post
BB4Life....so what do you think of the phone, do you think its worth it to have on AT&T without the 3G and without it having wifi? I really want to see how this phone is because I want a full touch screen phone and I was hoping it had 3G or wifi so when Slingbox came out with their blackberry program I would be able to watch TV on a phone and not have to comprimise quality and reliability. Was even thinking of going to Verizon just for that purpose but dont want to miss out on all the cool phones GSM people get.
SlimJimC,

It wasn't worth it for me to have the Storm running on ATT...mainly because since I have been using the BOLD, I'm so used to having 3G and a browser..when I popped in my ATT SIM into the Storm, I got all my service books except the Web Browser..after using it for one week, I put it away..that was the killer for me..even if it was still at EDGE with a browser, I would've kept it..but I'm definitely thinking about switching to ATT when the STORM comes out..it was either the STORM or the iPhone, and the STORM is definitely the way to go..this device is going to kill if you are a Blackberry fan...hope I helped with my insight
Old 10-17-2008, 05:36 PM   #22
BB4Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMOBLK23 View Post
how did u get the storm??
Had it since the Spring
Old 10-18-2008, 04:29 AM   #23
dankarlinski
BlackBerry Master

Model: 1
Carrier: 1

Wirelessly posted (8130 Pearl (Sprint))

It was developed for cdma carriers and should have been released on them first?? How did you get a gsm release before the scheduled cdma TESTING?
Old 10-19-2008, 01:20 PM   #24
BB4Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by dankarlinski View Post
Wirelessly posted (8130 Pearl (Sprint))

It was developed for cdma carriers and should have been released on them first?? How did you get a gsm release before the scheduled cdma TESTING?
it's a cdma/gsm hybrid...i got hookups dude
Old 10-20-2008, 08:06 AM   #25
ricpac
BBFAQ Sysop

Model: 9700
PIN: Alt+Shift+H
Carrier: GLOBE

^^kewl hookups indeed!

When are you getting the "Magnum?"
Old 10-20-2008, 10:37 AM   #26
slimjimc

Model: 8300
PIN: N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB4Life View Post
SlimJimC,

It wasn't worth it for me to have the Storm running on ATT...mainly because since I have been using the BOLD, I'm so used to having 3G and a browser..when I popped in my ATT SIM into the Storm, I got all my service books except the Web Browser..after using it for one week, I put it away..that was the killer for me..even if it was still at EDGE with a browser, I would've kept it..but I'm definitely thinking about switching to ATT when the STORM comes out..it was either the STORM or the iPhone, and the STORM is definitely the way to go..this device is going to kill if you are a Blackberry fan...hope I helped with my insight
Thx...it really did help...So just to clairify, with an unlocked STORM you are not able to have web capabilities? If this is the case, do you know if the web browser will work on edge at any point using an unlocked STORM? I really want this phone but having an unlocked STORM with no wifi, no 3G and having the BOLD being released on AT&T soon (which I have lost alost of desire for because of the delays) I'm still trying to talk myself out of buying one anyways just because I want a touchscreen phone with the reliability of BB...maybe I can hold out for the 2nd gen STORM but I've had my CURVE for a year already and I'm itching to get a new phone.
Old 10-20-2008, 10:59 AM   #27
dhendriksen

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
sorry for the bad quality.. ^^^ took the pic with my curve
I can't believe I missed this thread, and missed that you have one. Can you take some better pics for us? I would love to see a high res photo of it next to your curve.
Old 10-20-2008, 03:15 PM   #28
mataderosrules
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8900
PIN: 24AA5609
Carrier: T-Mobile

i have t-mobile...so i guess i will have to get it unlocked and using it on EDGE.

how much do you think it might be?
Old 10-20-2008, 06:30 PM   #29
Jason Mark
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9xxx
Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
Thx...it really did help...So just to clairify, with an unlocked STORM you are not able to have web capabilities? If this is the case, do you know if the web browser will work on edge at any point using an unlocked STORM? I really want this phone but having an unlocked STORM with no wifi, no 3G and having the BOLD being released on AT&T soon (which I have lost alost of desire for because of the delays) I'm still trying to talk myself out of buying one anyways just because I want a touchscreen phone with the reliability of BB...maybe I can hold out for the 2nd gen STORM but I've had my CURVE for a year already and I'm itching to get a new phone.
I would honestly suggest that you hold off on the Storm and just get a Bold. Then start saving money and when the NA GSM version of the Storm hits Rogers & AT&T just get that one. Keep in mind that usually, the newer the device the better.
Old 10-20-2008, 06:53 PM   #30
slimjimc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Mark View Post
I would honestly suggest that you hold off on the Storm and just get a Bold. Then start saving money and when the NA GSM version of the Storm hits Rogers & AT&T just get that one. Keep in mind that usually, the newer the device the better.
I don't know if i can hold out I allow myself a budget to get a new phone every year...I was really excited about the BOLD..nice screen, wifi, 3G, GPS...I thought it can't get any better than this, then delay after delay I lost alot of my interest and the STORM just grew and grew in interest for me...I'm on a month to month right now with AT&T and I'm not paying much of a difference between AT&T plan and a Verizon BB Plan...I may hop over the Verizon for a month to month deal, and when AT&T gets a killer phone, resign a contract with them I can't help but want the bestest newest gadget
Old 10-20-2008, 07:37 PM   #31
Jason Mark
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
I don't know if i can hold out I allow myself a budget to get a new phone every year...I was really excited about the BOLD..nice screen, wifi, 3G, GPS...I thought it can't get any better than this, then delay after delay I lost alot of my interest and the STORM just grew and grew in interest for me...I'm on a month to month right now with AT&T and I'm not paying much of a difference between AT&T plan and a Verizon BB Plan...I may hop over the Verizon for a month to month deal, and when AT&T gets a killer phone, resign a contract with them I can't help but want the bestest newest gadget
Nobody can blame you. Although, when the Bold launches on AT&T, it will pretty much be the device everyone thought it would be. But the month to month on VZW sounds like a winner until one of the new devices hits AT&T.
Old 10-21-2008, 07:48 AM   #32
SHP

Model: 8100t
Carrier: TMO

I generally buy a new phone every two years. I bought my Pearl the day it came out--it's getting a little long in the tooth. I like T-Mobile service, so I'm willing to wait a bit (perhaps as long as 6 months) to see if they'll eventually get the Storm. I've read rumors that eventually they will get it. I sure I hope I don't wait in vain.

Previous: 7100T; BB 6230; BB 6750; Palm V; Newton (really)
Old 10-21-2008, 07:23 PM   #33
phone_caller
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Storm

Is the Storm you are discussing the 9500 or the 9530? Will the 9500 work on 3G? Will the browser work on an unlocked 9500? Does the 9500 have wi-fi? I know the 9530 does not.
Old 10-21-2008, 08:31 PM   #34
BB4Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by phone_caller View Post
Is the Storm you are discussing the 9500 or the 9530? Will the 9500 work on 3G? Will the browser work on an unlocked 9500? Does the 9500 have wi-fi? I know the 9530 does not.
9530...no, no, and no....
Old 10-22-2008, 08:01 PM   #35
msaster

PIN: 88
Carrier: ATT
Smile Storm that will work with ATT

Where do I purchase it?? I am so there. If it requires a road trip it will be worth it.
Old 10-22-2008, 08:07 PM   #36
msaster

PIN: 88
Carrier: ATT
Default ATT Storm

BB4Life,

When will ATT be getting the Storm? I have waited for the Bold so long, I am no longer interested. The Storm is awesome
Old 10-22-2008, 11:31 PM   #37
rambo47
Latino Hasta La Muerte

Model: 9370

Dude, about those pictures: DE-CAFE!
Old 10-23-2008, 11:13 AM   #38
BB4Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by msaster View Post
BB4Life,

When will ATT be getting the Storm? I have waited for the Bold so long, I am no longer interested. The Storm is awesome
I don't know if ATT will be carrying the STORM according to my peeps...but if I hear anything, I will definitely keep you guys updated
Old 10-23-2008, 05:02 PM   #39
slimjimc

Quote:
I don't know if ATT will be carrying the STORM according to my peeps...but if I hear anything, I will definitely keep you guys updated
In your personal opinion...do you think the STORM is worth switching over to Verizon? I know it goes back and forth to what it is an individual person wants in a phone, but I just want to know from someone that has played with many BlackBerry's to give me an opinion of why and why not and the reasons. Thanks!
Old 10-23-2008, 05:45 PM   #40
Jason Mark
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
In your personal opinion...do you think the STORM is worth switching over to Verizon? I know it goes back and forth to what it is an individual person wants in a phone, but I just want to know from someone that has played with many BlackBerry's to give me an opinion of why and why not and the reasons. Thanks!
I've been testing the 9500 for 2 months. So to answer your question: If AT&T and/or Rogers were not going to get a version of the Storm, then I would say yes. But since they are, I would wait. However, if you are impatient and/or have issues with AT&T's coverage, then go ahead and get the Storm. GSM carriers have some real good devices to look forward to in 2009. But of course the choice is yours.
Closed Thread