Tiamegs
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibserenity View Post
sorry quick q here...um doesn't Youmail offer VVM itself? I just signed up and it says that i can view my voice message by going to http: slash slash m.youmail.com from my phone. Of course this requires a data plan...
So does this application not require a data plan?
Also, question/suggestion... do the pics of the ppl that show up on Youmail's vvm also show up on this app? If not, that would be a great edition
Thanks again!
VVM on this program is instantly on your phone, right on your homescreen. In Youmail you have to click on the message and then it directs you to their website through your browser, pulls up the message, and then you can play it. Pretty slow way to get your VVM.
Old 01-02-2009, 11:11 AM   #42
datboi305
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9700
PIN: 216e8182
Carrier: tmobile

does anyone have this working on their unlocked tmobile storm OS .85 ? because for some reason i cant get it to forward calls to the # they gave me so i just deleted the program. it sucks because my friend has it on his verizon storm and its pretty cool
Old 01-02-2009, 11:37 AM   #43
ibserenity
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8300
Carrier: t-mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiamegs View Post
VVM on this program is instantly on your phone, right on your homescreen. In Youmail you have to click on the message and then it directs you to their website through your browser, pulls up the message, and then you can play it. Pretty slow way to get your VVM.
ohhh oki downloading thanks!
Old 01-02-2009, 12:38 PM   #44
carlavatky

Model: Storm

How is the phone notified that there is a VM? Is it through an email?
Old 01-02-2009, 12:44 PM   #45
fish2find
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: the tail on the Donkey!

Ive been using Youmail for about 3 years now, I love it and it has never bugged or been a problem. The live tech support is quick to help transfer phones acct ect.

I like the added icons to the blackberry too, all around a GREAT program.

Quote:
How is the phone notified that there is a VM? Is it through an email?
You can set it up a number of ways, email, text alerts ect.

Last edited by fish2find; 01-02-2009 at 12:47 PM..
Old 01-02-2009, 06:25 PM   #46
shanepark2

I've been using this app fo about a week. Super program.. Every time I click on the web link (http_//m_youmail_com) from my storm, I get "HTTP Error 503: Service Unavailable". I was accessing it from my pc, but wanted the app button for my phone. Any one esle have this problem? Thanks
Old 01-02-2009, 07:30 PM   #47
SMF

Carrier: T-Mobile

Thank you Joe Krill! - Vymail is a fabulous addition to YouMail. The combination of YouMail and Vymail is incredible. Amazing and free. If you are using YouMail you owe it to your self to tryout joekrill.com - VyMail - YouMail application for Blackberry devices.

SMF

Here's the screenshots from the website.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_message_detail.png
Views:	506
Size:	17.7 KB
ID:	14592   Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_message_list.png
Views:	486
Size:	36.2 KB
ID:	14593  
Old 01-02-2009, 11:14 PM   #48
innovator1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiamegs View Post
OK, I'm clearly missing something here. I downloaded Youmail to my Storm, then added VyMail. I've never used either program before (and please don't shoot the questioner!) but I just don't get what Youmail does for me. I get a voicemail, and I get a back-up text and/or email telling me what my beeping phone already tells me - that I have a voicemail. Then I have to go through the web to listen to it, as opposed to using Verizon's *86 command to listen to it.... why am I doing this? I'm hoping someone can explain why I want/need to do it YouMail's way, as opposed to Verizons.... And since I don;t understand YM, I'm not certain what VyM is doing to make YM so much better... any thoughts?
Old 01-02-2009, 11:22 PM   #49
mrmartymac
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by innovator1 View Post
OK, I'm clearly missing something here. I downloaded Youmail to my Storm, then added VyMail. I've never used either program before (and please don't shoot the questioner!) but I just don't get what Youmail does for me. I get a voicemail, and I get a back-up text and/or email telling me what my beeping phone already tells me - that I have a voicemail. Then I have to go through the web to listen to it, as opposed to using Verizon's *86 command to listen to it.... why am I doing this? I'm hoping someone can explain why I want/need to do it YouMail's way, as opposed to Verizons.... And since I don;t understand YM, I'm not certain what VyM is doing to make YM so much better... any thoughts?
Ok, well, you are not completely alone.

The benefit of YouMail is that you have numerous methods of retrieving your email. Including using the internet to get it. That is much more than the "default" VM.

IMHO VyMail is giving you a way to see a list of all your Voice Mails without having to go to the browser or dial the number.

While I have gotten YouMail working, I cannot get VyMail to work yet. I am running .85 though, so perhaps I am out of luck.

I will wait patiently.
Old 01-03-2009, 02:19 PM   #50
six attack

Model: 8830

In theory this seems like a great program, but it won't display new VM's on my 8830 with Verizon. Has anyone gotten this to work with an 8830? I noticed that there are some issues with Curve's and Bold's per the JoeKrill website.
Old 01-04-2009, 02:24 AM   #51
fstbusa

PIN: 3054210e

I have this working on the x.75 Os with the storm with the obvious speakerphone thing not working. Absolutely awesome. I've only gad my storm for two weeks and I'm going to cancel my visual voicemail from Verizon!

Thank you thank you !

I would glad to give you a donation for such a great piece software!

My only suggestion is to add some type of notification to the icon like asterik or something like others have suggested.
Old 01-04-2009, 01:23 PM   #52
innovator1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmartymac View Post
Ok, well, you are not completely alone.

The benefit of YouMail is that you have numerous methods of retrieving your email. Including using the internet to get it. That is much more than the "default" VM.

IMHO VyMail is giving you a way to see a list of all your Voice Mails without having to go to the browser or dial the number.

While I have gotten YouMail working, I cannot get VyMail to work yet. I am running .85 though, so perhaps I am out of luck.

I will wait patiently.
Okay, I will go back to the YM site and try to figure out if I should use this. I'm one of those people who listens to his voicemail within 5 minutes of receiving it, so I'm not certain I'll ever have a list of vm's to listen to. I frankly thought the YM program did on-the-fly translation of voicemails, but I see that is an added expense, so I won't buy into that. Thanks for the help, mrmartymac!
Old 01-04-2009, 05:12 PM   #53
mrmartymac
Thumbs Must Hurt

innovator1,

You're welcome.

Also, I am in the same boat as you. I get the VM, and then I listen to it. this is just a nifty app that gives you more options.

Good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by innovator1 View Post
Okay, I will go back to the YM site and try to figure out if I should use this. I'm one of those people who listens to his voicemail within 5 minutes of receiving it, so I'm not certain I'll ever have a list of vm's to listen to. I frankly thought the YM program did on-the-fly translation of voicemails, but I see that is an added expense, so I won't buy into that. Thanks for the help, mrmartymac!
Old 01-04-2009, 05:28 PM   #54
mrmartymac
Thumbs Must Hurt

Default I'm not complaining, but....

I really, really like VyMail. Kudos to the developer.

I am curious though if anyone else has noticed that their battery is draining extra quick since installing it?

I have been off over the holidays, therefore usage of my phone is down, but over the last few days, since installing VyMail, I have had my battery tank the last two days on VERY minimal use.

I also installed Sunclock, but I don't see how it would decrease battery life.

Like I said, love the app, I'm just interested in other observations.

I'm running .85

mrmartymac
Old 01-04-2009, 05:50 PM   #55
PHLAK

I don't know about the rest of you, but the one change I could possibly think of at the moment that would make this app better is if the play/pause/star/etc. buttons were at the bottom of the screen.

Normally, when I use the phone, I am holding it with one hand and am using my thumb to touch the screen. By having the buttons at the top I have to stretch my finger unnaturally or use my other hand.

Anyone else feel the same way.

My BlackBerry Storm Wallpapers
Old 01-04-2009, 06:18 PM   #56
brichi

what does it actually go out and check for V-Mail every 5 minutes? its not pushed from youmail to the storm?
Old 01-04-2009, 09:37 PM   #57
ModernMan

Carrier: vzw

Ok, I was using Verizon VVM for a couple of weeks and found it to have some benefits (more convenient way of getting and managing voicemail) but less functional in some ways too (e.g. no speed up playback available -- for voicemail from slowtalkers), and seemingly buggy.

Then I saw this thread and set up YouMail and VyMail. All very cool. Particularly cool to dispense with that Verizon voicemail greeting postamble about "if you want to leave a call back number do this, to leave a fax do this, blah blah". But, there is so much potential to make VyMail a truly superb app!

First bring it up to the level of Verizon Visual Voice Mail, especially:
(1) integration with the message list
(2) integration with the alert led
(3) icon notification for homescreen
(4) automatic background download of audio files to eliminate the wait when you want to play a voicemail
(5) bluetooth headset support (works fine in VZW VVM -- I'm on .85)

Then take it beyond VZW VVM (and in truth the bar is not set too high here) by adding the other message functionality found on the youmail web message access app. Then, one more request: fast/slow playback for slow/fast talkers.

Thanks for sparking our immagination about how convenient and productive mobile voicemail can get.
Old 01-04-2009, 11:18 PM   #58
Shaun
Retired BBF Moderator

Carrier: at&t

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModernMan View Post
First bring it up to the level of Verizon Visual Voice Mail, especially:
(1) integration with the message list
(2) integration with the alert led
(3) icon notification for homescreen
(4) automatic background download of audio files to eliminate the wait when you want to play a voicemail
(5) bluetooth headset support (works fine in VZW VVM -- I'm on .85)
Keep in mind #1 and #3 are only available to 3rd party developers in 4.6+. #2 can be accomplished by setting SMS to activate the LED, though I do realize adding LED integration to vymail will be better.

I would like to see a VyMail entry under profiles to really be able to configure things.

Last edited by Shaun; 01-13-2009 at 12:12 AM..
Old 01-12-2009, 12:55 AM   #59
just4747

Carrier: VZW

So when can we expect the on-the-fly toggle between handset and speakerphone audio, joekr? And the icon notification? Any ETAs? Love it so far!
Old 01-12-2009, 08:05 AM   #60
cgcmgr

Default It Does work with speakerphone and .75

I have a Storm with .75 OS and I have installed the newest version of VyMail. Audio comes from the headset correctly when set to headset as we have all been told. However, I still can get audio from the speaker by setting output audio to speaker and pressing the volume up or down button before or during the playing of the message. I know it may be a hassle to do this until we upgrade to the newest OS, but it works for now as a workaround.
Closed Thread